Team-BHP - The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/31848-classic-commercial-vehicles-bus-trucks-etc-thread-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 898862)
Is that you Karl? I guess so, the similarity is showing.

How many other 7 year olds were chasing beat up old taxis at that age?:)

The bus looks in surprisingly sound condition. Am very glad to see it in active service. When you have the opportunity do get some interior, full side and rear view shots as well. Thank you!

Wow, lucky you karl! :)

I think your right about the headlights on the '40s dodge- you can make out by the protrusion on the fenders, especially the right one itself, that it didnt have round ones originally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 898732)
methinks this model would have had those ugly but bold square headlights

We have a similar Plymouth convertible with the square headlight here in Hyderabad

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 898927)
We have a similar Plymouth convertible with the square headlight here in Hyderabad

There we go. Looks very well kept. :)

all the bus pics posted are really awsome.. i really loved those MB buses back in the days.. are those both same models the one in goa and the other yellow one or are they different? and did BEST ever operate such buses?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 898931)
There we go. Looks very well kept. :)

Yes Sir and its in the same family since new if I remember correctly.

BTW Would you know if India ever received some Gurney Nutting buses? Those looked very stylish

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 898942)
BTW Would you know if India ever received some Gurney Nutting buses? Those looked very stylish

Im sure a couple would've reached Indian shores, though Im not sure if they were employed in active public transport service.

Do you remember the bus from The Sound of Music? I havent seen it in years, but I recall it being one, or a very similarly styled one.

Karlos would you know if any of the Albian double deckers survive anywhere? Would love to restore one just for picnics :D

Incidentally, I saw an old Leyland bus (it had an ADX 60s regn. but I suspect its even older) just recently. Its owned by a local "blood bank" and is creamish white with a curvy red flash on either side.
'still is in good shape! I wanted to photo it this time but it was parked right outside a Congress party office and the place was a bit crowded with MLAs' cars etc. so my mech. felt it'd look suspicious if I took photos there!
Hopefully some other time......!

Hi,
Nice thread on vintage commercial vehicles.
Here is my contribution - A Hindustan fire tender belonging to the Indian Navy now an exhibit at the Naval Aviation Museum at Dabolim,Goa.
Wonder whether this is the same one put up by Karlos as Bedford in Goa ? (Just checked it is !!!)

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-dsc03044.jpg

Seen in the background is the Lockheed Super Constellation ! (OT - but couldn't resist it !)

The Classic Commercial Vehicles (Bus, Trucks etc) Thread-dsc03037.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKG (Post 898972)
Karlos would you know if any of the Albian double deckers survive anywhere? Would love to restore one just for picnics :D

Hi, DKG. I used to live in Hyderabad during the '60s. Did part of my schooling there at St Georges. I still remember Albion (single deckers) city buses. Even they used to be facinating. Any still around?

Fantastic thread. Brought back a lot of memories. I wish I was able to contribute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dussey (Post 900439)
I still remember Albion (single deckers) city buses. Even they used to be facinating. Any still around?

That's exactly what I am wondering. The size of the double deckers was perfect, not too big and yet a great people carrier. It would make a fantastic vehicle for weekend picnics :D And the older ones ran on kerosene too I am told.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guderian (Post 900177)
Hi,
Nice thread on vintage commercial vehicles.
Here is my contribution - A Hindustan fire tender belonging to the Indian Navy now an exhibit at the Naval Aviation Museum at Dabolim,Goa.
Wonder whether this is the same one put up by Karlos as Bedford in Goa ? (Just checked it is !!!)

Attachment 28264

Seen in the background is the Lockheed Super Constellation ! (OT - but couldn't resist it !)

Attachment 28265

This is definitely a Bedford.

Royal enfields made 3 wheelers, not sure if they were manufactured by Enfield India but have heard of a few on Indian roads. Does any one know of any still on road. Any pictures you can post will be great