Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 01:06   #31

Guys i started this thread, to know about the size of the associations and no. of vehicles registered under each- but it turned out to be a mud slinging fest. please do not divert from the topic.

today i read a great report on the Collection of the IDAR royal family. awesome collection.
A FARMAN A6B, Delage, Duesenberg SJ, Auburn Speedster.

The history of the Farman brothers and their cars are worth reading.

Coming back to the topic.

Are there any members here who knows about the Chandigarh & Punjab Vintage Circle?

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd April 2008 at 02:37. Reason: As was mentioned earlier - abt = about, plz = please, gr8 = great
Old 2nd April 2008, 01:13   #32
Team-BHP Support

I have seen some really nice cars in Ludhiana and chandigarh.
One car I saw looked like a 1970s porsche, but then it was late evening and I could be mistaken.
It was red in color, and can any member confirm whether such a vehicle(Red 1970s Porsche) exist in Punjab? I am a total n00b when it comes to Vintage and classic cars!
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:51   #33

Wow. I seem to have come in during a war game. Ha ha no hard feelings. I have seen the shows of both the clubs in Chennai and participated in the show of one club. There are some beautiful cars displayed at both shows but I do tend to agree with xoticars and Harryweslake with regard to judging and membership. C.S.Ananth has clarified that one would require a proposer and seconder to become a member of his club Whereas the only requirement of the other club is that you need to own a vintage or classic. The best vintage bike I have seen is owned by a mechanic who came all the way from Pondicherry. I have never seen this bike at the Heritage club shows maybe he didn't have a proposer or seconder to participate . The point is that we are all enthusiasts and take pride in the vintages we own. The public look forward to these shows to see these beauties that are usually under covers. Should we deny them that? No offense Ananth but it would be great if we had only one club in Chennai that encourages better participation.
cheers
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:46   #34

Are there any such associations/ clubs in calcutta?
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:43   #35
BANNED

Bangalore Beetle Club

1) This purely is a Classic Beetle Car club,
2) One Year and 3 months old,
3) Well Organised,
4) No heirarchy in the Club(We maintain an open Club)
5) From 4 member to 29 members and 37 Beetle Cars in the Club in 1 yr schedule.
6) 7 Rally's held so far,once in 2 months
7) 2 major rallies held. One for Kingfisher Oktober Fest and other Flagged off by MD VW Andrea Prinz for launching Passat
8) Purely a fun filled club, with members conducting meetings every month.

We plan to keep it this way. Sweet and Simple.
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:58   #36
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Bangalore Beetle Club

4) No heirarchy in the Club(We maintain an open Club)
6) 7 Rally's held so far,once in 2 months
7) 2 major rallies held
8) Purely a fun filled club, with members conducting meetings every month.

We plan to keep it this way. Sweet and Simple.
Congrats!! It shows you guys are more focused on the fun factor than the ego massaging and petty politics that often plague other clubs. Hope you manage to retain it so

PS: Here in Hyderabad we have the same spirit for our superbiking (two years + of unlimited fun) and I now see it happening for the offroaders too, great bunch of guys. I think the trick is to stay focused on the fun factor. Everything else is secondary

Last edited by DKG : 3rd April 2008 at 16:10.
Old 3rd April 2008, 16:55   #37
BANNED

Chennai Clubs.

Thank you Pavan & DKG. You guys just hit the nail on the head. The way to go really. We plan to shortly have a run, where everyone's invited. You just need to own a classic or vintage bike/car. No format. Meet, have a cup of coffee and then have a short run. We will do this under no "Club Banner".
Both Chennai clubs do not do much. A lot more needs to be done, but do not see that happening the last few years that I have been here. The core group of both clubs look after mainly their own interests.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2008 at 13:18. Reason: (re-edited) xoticars, lets not go back to personal issues here. Post edited.
Old 3rd April 2008, 22:32   #38

@ xoticars

wat abt the kanpur ppl u told me abt? their email ids or nos.

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (wat = what, ppl = people, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd April 2008 at 23:15. Reason: Please see note in post.
Cruise Control is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th April 2008, 08:57   #39
BANNED

Indian Clubs.

Hi Cruise Control,
I have thought about your request, but since you are going into a commercial venture, I really do not wish to divulge personal contacts. It will not be right to do so. Sorry about that.
Old 5th April 2008, 23:00   #40

at xoticar

No issues. Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 6th April 2008, 15:33   #41
BHPian

xoticar, you do have a point. i personally know quite a few smaller collectors (min 3-4 cars) who are not a part of any club or association citing reasons that the clubs are dominated by certain indiviguals, politics and petty differences ,ego issues and all together dont give them a very good feeling. The love for the car so to say is lost, a more commercial view is maintained and the basic objective is lost. for that matter i really appreciate the bangalore beetle club for maintaining the basic ingredients of keeping an intrest alive.. for that matter the only events i have participated in is the BBC rides,even though a have a vintage car besides my vw beetle.
Old 7th April 2008, 15:06   #42

Can anyone give me any idea about the Chandigarh Vintage and Classic Car Foundation & Punjab Heritage Motoring Club?
Old 27th May 2008, 15:22   #43
BHPian

Club web sites

Does these clubs have any web sites ? I can see only one

Vintage and Classic Car Club of India

Any more ?
Old 27th May 2008, 20:20   #44
BHPian

Anyone know about this club in Thane Mumbai ?

HVOCT

Surprised!! why second club in Mumbai??
Old 28th May 2008, 03:38   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Anyone know about this club in Thane Mumbai ?

HVOCT
Please search Team-BHP. There is a thread with pictures of one of their meets/shows.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks