Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 11:30   #1

Vintage Clubs of India- which one is the biggest?

Karnataka Vintage & Classic Car Club with 450 members is the biggest, i guess.

Anybody there to put some light into this?
Old 31st March 2008, 15:18   #2
BHPian

KVCCC has 247 members and the only club in the country which has 4 to 5 events in a year.We have not had an event like the Haig or Statesman for a few years now,but there is always an Annual Event which is well attended, apart from the other 3/4 Social Events, which is always for a CAUSE.In the past we have had Judging Events,but due to conterversies associated with it, our events are purely for fun and participation.

We have a very enviable collection of cars, but unfortunately the Khodays & Mallyas collections never participate.A very sad sight has been the decline in the number of motorcycles participating.
Old 31st March 2008, 16:10   #3

@karl. How many registered members do we have?
Old 31st March 2008, 16:58   #4
BANNED

Vintage Car Clubs.

I believe the Delhi clubs are the best. There are now three, all grown out of infighting. The clubs are all well run and hold a number of events eeach year. I have attended a number of events in Delhi and have seen the nicest cars in the country there. Not sure as to the exact number of members. The Mumbai club is also good, with a lot of memebers. May be Kasli can enlighten us on this? The worst are the clubs in Chennai. There are two clubs with a total number of not more than 150 cars in total. Again the two clubs have been born out of infighting. Both clubs rarely hold any events. The newest club here, has a few prominent 4 to 5 members who have most of the cars and also win all the prizes. The new members are interviewed to find out if they are eligible enough to be a member of the club. Never heard of such an apartheid system. The Judge coming from Kolkatta to judge the cars for Concours and other prizes does not have much knowledge in judging cars either. Shocked at some of the concours prizes given out to cars with non original lights or colour. Just amazing. Each town should have just ONE club, and everyone should be allowed to attend, no matter what car they own. Enough cribbing !!! Met a number of members of the Kanpur Vintage Car Club recently, and they are a great bunch of enthusiasts.
Old 31st March 2008, 17:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
KVCCC has 247 members and the only club in the country which has 4 to 5 events in a year.We have not had an event like the Haig or Statesman for a few years now,but there is always an Annual Event which is well attended, apart from the other 3/4 Social Events, which is always for a CAUSE.In the past we have had Judging Events,but due to conterversies associated with it, our events are purely for fun and participation.

We have a very enviable collection of cars, but unfortunately the Khodays & Mallyas collections never participate.A very sad sight has been the decline in the number of motorcycles participating.

the last rally Khoday cars did participate a Hudson and a Citroen Traction Avant as well.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:33   #6
BHPian

I totally object to remarks made by you without checking the facts. I am the founder President of the second club-Madras Heritage Motoring Club. We do not have any interview system.This is a fit of your imagination.We however insist on a proper proposer/seconder.This is to ensure we take a person who loves cars.The judge from Calcutta is a well known person. The Concours prizes are given to the best cars. You give an impression that these cars are not worthy of a concours.How much you know of these cars, I wonder. BHP is not a platform for such posts. I wish the Moderator had axed this. In future do not shoot off without doing your homework.
Old 31st March 2008, 21:46   #7
BHPian

Naren !! The Khodays cars do participate at times, but it is selective. They have such a huge collection,but are not regular at all events.
Old 31st March 2008, 23:14   #8

Could you name the 3 clubs in Delhi, I know only one i.e HMCI, Prseident KT Tulsi.

and are their any members from Vintage & Classic Car of Kawnpur in this forum whom you know?

@ Dominator,

As per a telephonic conversation with Dr. Ravi Prakash, i guess there are more than 400 members in KVCCC.

What are the Annual Events of repute which takes place in B'lore?

Apart From Dr. Vijay Mallya & Dr Ravi Prakash, who are the big collectors in the garden city?

@ Naren 4140

what is the Fleet Size of the khoday family?

@ C S Ananth

this thread was not started with any intentions to harm any body's sentiments, if some how by mistake your sentiments are hurt by somebody, i apologies on that member's behalf.

Note from Mod - Please avoid making several consecutive posts within a few minutes of each other. Read through the TBHP FAQ for details on using the "multi-quote" feature.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st April 2008 at 09:05.
Old 31st March 2008, 23:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
BHP is not a platform for such posts. I wish the Moderator had axed this. In future do not shoot off without doing your homework.
i disagree, everyone here is free to voice their opinion, as long as there are no personal attacks.
if anyone disagrees with anyone's opinion, it is up to that second person to disprove the first person's opinion, or not. no need to get sentimental and tell people what should or should not be posted.
Old 1st April 2008, 01:58   #10
BHPian

A museum of vintage and classic cars has been planned in Bangalore. Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club has acquired a four-acre plot at Rajarajeshwari Nagar for the museum with a floor space of two lakh square feet accommodate over 300 cars. Disclosing this to The Hindu, club secretary Ravi Prakash said a trust has been established to realise the club’s ambitious project estimated to cost Rs. 50 crore.
Dr. Ravi Prakash, who has a wide collection of vintage and classic cars, said architects from Germany and England were consulted for the museum design. “It is going to be the biggest museum in the world. There are some museums abroad that display 200 cars, but the one planned in Bangalore will have space for 300 cars,” he said.

SOURCE (THE HINDU)
Old 1st April 2008, 07:14   #11
BHPian

As far as members do not make unwarranted comments,ot will be acceptable. Private opinions should not be made Public.Comments should not be made if it is far from truth.
Old 1st April 2008, 11:11   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
As far as members do not make unwarranted comments,ot will be acceptable. Private opinions should not be made Public.Comments should not be made if it is far from truth.
Dear Mr Ananth,
I know neither you , nor the other gentleman, and have never visited Chennai, thus as an unbiased observer, i should be allowed to reach my own conclusion after reading the opinions of all parties. that's what a healthy debate is all about, for instance, there were comments on the selection process of your club, which you disagreed with and thus clarified, fair enough.
but you cant ask for a gag order. the comments on the Chennai clubs are not offensive as they don't name anyone, if you differ, then simply state your case, if you so wish. let the reader make his own mind.
You too have publicly questioned the other gentleman's Knowledge of cars, which i see as your private opinion being made public.

as for comments "far from the truth" being made in public is concerned, we see that every time in parliament, so whats a mere web forum. but then, your version of truth may not be the same as someone else's.

I do however, don't entirely disagree with the other gentleman, regarding judging standards in our country.

I too am a founder member of one of the Delhi clubs, (but a member of all three) and have judged events, so i do know a bit about cars, and ego clashes in Indian clubs (automotive and otherwise)
regards

Last edited by awini : 1st April 2008 at 11:21.
Old 1st April 2008, 11:23   #13

Which are the 3 clubs in Delhi? i know abt HMCI only, what are the other 2 clubs and how many members do they have?
Old 1st April 2008, 11:53   #14
BHPian

I have also been a Judge and that too for an International Show outside India. My only objection was his unwarranted comments. Let us leave it there.
Old 1st April 2008, 12:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Control View Post
Which are the 3 clubs in Delhi? i know abt HMCI only, what are the other 2 clubs and how many members do they have?
the oldest is the Vintage Car Club of India, then the Heritage Motoring Club of India, and the latest is the Automotive Heritage Trust.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks