Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 16:44   #1

Invite: Chennai Fun Run - April 20th 2008 7.30am

Chennai.

I N V I T A T I O N.

FUN RUN- 20th April 2008-7.30am

We write to invite all you Motoring Enthusiasts to come join an informal meeting of like minded enthusiasts, to chat about our wonderful hobby, exchange notes and just have a fun time. This is totally informal, and under no club banner or organization. There are no entrance charges or membership charges, as this does not follow the format of any club.

We plan to converge at WOODY’s - Gemini, have breakfast and after we have chatted enough, and before it gets too hot, we take a “FUN RUN’, to the Marina Beach, where we will re-group once more.

From the Marina, we will disburse, to our various destinations, to enjoy the rest of our Sunday.

We hope that you will bring along your beautiful cars or bikes, and join the rest of the hard core Motoring Enthusiasts of this wonderful city, that we call Chennai.

We have no restrictions on any type of cars or bikes. They just need to be Vintage or Classic.

We look forward to meeting you guys.

Chennai Motoring Enthusiasts

Email: motorenthusiasts@gmail.com Tel: 98400 79899.
Old 10th April 2008, 16:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaiphantom View Post
We have no restrictions on any type of cars or bikes. They just need to be Vintage or Classic.
First you say no restrictions on any type of cars or bikes and then its restricted to vintage or classic only. Now which one of the above statements holds good?
Old 10th April 2008, 17:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

I feel this guy has just decided to break away from the other vintage clubs to start one on his own.

Who are you phantom ? (Don't tell me you are the ghost who walks). LOL
Old 10th April 2008, 17:14   #4
BANNED

Chennai Fun Run.

Aditya,

It needs to be Vintage or Classic. Its pretty clear. No modern cars for sure, if that's what you were asking.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:40   #5
DKG
Senior - BHPian

From what I recall a group of enthusiasts have been doing this for years, essentially having fun without anything formal. Woodlands campus is such a lovely place and an ideal setting for a lazy breakfast. Once I saw a couple of guys simply sitting in their vintage car reading a newspaper and chatting. Lovely sight!

Amethyst (hope I got the name right) has a great ambience at an old mansion called Sundar Mahal in the Jeypore garden area. Lovely place with the option of an English style breakfast.

Hope you guys have fun. Breakfast after a drive is a great way to enjoy this hobby. We do this every Sunday with our biking buddies in Hyderabad

Is the TTK Jag ready? Would love to see pictures of that car. Also there's a Jag 140/150 too that's been sitting in a home for too long. Hope all these cars come out. The MRF owner has a lovely Buick.

Last edited by DKG : 10th April 2008 at 17:49.
Old 10th April 2008, 17:48   #6
BANNED

Chennai Fun Run.

Thank You DKG. This will definitely be a nice day out. Amethyst is a great place too. May be we could just have a British Car Meet there, next time. There are a lot of great British Cars in this city, and they will all get to meet up. May be our next group meeting. You do not need a club, or a club format to meet. There will be a lot of unwanted chatter, that's normal here. We are sure that there will be a great turn out. We are in no competition with the clubs. This is not a club.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

chennaiphantom, since it is a sunday morning, i dont think i will be able to come, but do post pics after the event : I am keen on the vintage cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
...Who are you phantom ? (Don't tell me you are the ghost who walks). LOL
SInce he is chennaiphantom, must be The Ghost who sweats
Old 10th April 2008, 18:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoticars View Post
It needs to be Vintage or Classic. Its pretty clear. No modern cars for sure, if that's what you were asking.
Oh jeez. But we can come and watch na?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
SInce he is chennaiphantom, must be The Ghost who sweats
Old 10th April 2008, 19:28   #9
BANNED

Chennai Fun Run.

Aditya, you sure can come and take a look at the cars and join us. You are most welcome. You will not be disappointed, as there will be a load of nice cars for sure. There may be some new cars never seen in Chennai before. We are hoping that these cars will be ready by the 20th. If not just wait for the next meet, and I can assure you that there will definitely be some new cars then. Watch this space.
Old 10th April 2008, 19:35   #10
BANNED

Chennai Fun Run

Hi DKG

Is the TTK Jag ready? Would love to see pictures of that car. Also there's a Jag 140/150 too that's been sitting in a home for too long. Hope all these cars come out. The MRF owner has a lovely Buick.

The TTK Jag will soon be ready. That car will just be awesome, I can assure you. Meanwhile he has a Jag E Type V12, which is perhaps the most beautiful E Type that you will ever get to see in India. That car will be there Sunday 20th. There will be a couple of othe Jags also joing.

Do not know of the other XK, that you talk about.
Old 10th April 2008, 20:34   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
First you say no restrictions on any type of cars or bikes and then its restricted to vintage or classic only. Now which one of the above statements holds good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Oh jeez. But we can come and watch na?
It is understood that the drive would be limited to Vintage and classic cars when posted in the Vintage and Classic section. Thats what makes it special. And Im sure you are more than welcome to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I feel this guy has just decided to break away from the other vintage clubs to start one on his own.
Well I think thats hearsay and uncalled for. I like the way it sounds. Minimal rules, regulations and legislations. Not under any particular banner. This is what its all about, just meeting an having fun without a rigid agenda. Kudos. Wish I could be there
Old 10th April 2008, 21:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoticars View Post
Aditya, you sure can come and take a look at the cars and join us. You are most welcome. You will not be disappointed, as there will be a load of nice cars for sure. There may be some new cars never seen in Chennai before. We are hoping that these cars will be ready by the 20th. If not just wait for the next meet, and I can assure you that there will definitely be some new cars then. Watch this space.
Thanks xoticars. Chennai bhpians, how about planning a meet coupled with this event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
It is understood that the drive would be limited to Vintage and classic cars when posted in the Vintage and Classic section.
Sorry Karl. I barely know the difference between a vintage and a classic. To me both are the same. Please educate me.
Old 10th April 2008, 21:21   #13
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Chennai residents are lucky to have the gorgeous East Coast Road all the way to Pondicherry. Once you guys get comfy with the old ladies being driven long distances this is one awesome drive. Love the French restaurant at Pondicherry
Old 10th April 2008, 21:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Well I think thats hearsay and uncalled for. I like the way it sounds. Minimal rules, regulations and legislations.
If someone registers one day & puts up a post like this the next day, without any of our regular vintage wallahs tagging behind, that is what my 'vintage' mind could think of. Sorry if that offended you, but after reading about a lot of these breakway vintage clubs from ananth's posts & counter posts for that, I just presumed this is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Chennai residents are lucky to have the gorgeous East Coast Road all the way to Pondicherry. Once you guys get comfy with the old ladies being driven long distances this is one awesome drive. Love the French restaurant at Pondicherry
Certainly would be a sight. BTW, which French restaurant are you talking about ? There are plenty in Pondy.
Old 10th April 2008, 21:32   #15
BANNED

BTW, this invite is to all enthusiasts in Chennai. It also goes out to the two clubs here. We are sending them an invitation too, and hope that they will come too. We will welcome each and every enthusiast, as warmly as we possibly can. That's our assurance. Mr.TT Raghu has been extremely kind in buying breakfast for all participants with bikes and cars. We have also invited some hard core bike enthusiasts, who have promised to join. All in all, it should be a fun day. We will post pics soon after the 20th.

Karl, this note is for you. We would love to have you down here in Chennai, anytime that you decide to come. Yes, the weather is rather warm right now. You are one of the keenest young Vintage & Classic Enthusiast that I know around, and would love to show you our Chennai cars, whenever you decide to come. That's a standing invitation from me.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th April 2008 at 00:24. Reason: Merged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks