Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classico View Post
what will be the going price for such a car?(Rs.40000/- ) or even lesser?
Dangerous territory this, prices etc., but I'd be more than happy to buy one like this at 40k (unless she's a lemon in reality and the docs are suspect), and many more of my friends I know will line up too.

Dealers, these days, seem to be more generous than us enthusiasts!

By the way, superb colour scheme - very period and striking. Is the paint original, or redone? What about the interiors?
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:30   #17
BANNED

austin cambridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Dangerous territory this, prices etc., but I'd be more than happy to buy one like this at 40k (unless she's a lemon in reality and the docs are suspect), and many more of my friends I know will line up too.

Dealers, these days, seem to be more generous than us enthusiasts!

By the way, superb colour scheme - very period and striking. Is the paint original, or redone? What about the
interiors?

the interiors were also mint when i last saw it abt 3years ago.mind you, it is a single owned car!!I think it had the period ALPINE radio also .
but somebody told me that an Austin cambridge got sold for Rs.90000/- last mth in Bangalore.???
What price can one pay for a fully restored LANDMASTER WOODY TRAVELLER (single owner).I am asking this b'cause the owner was asking a steep Rs.300000/-!!!!!
By the way I understand there is an 1960 Austin A50 in Trivandrum belonging to a doctor.He was asking Rs.50000/- any idea??
Old 3rd July 2008, 20:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the interiors were also mint when i last saw it abt 3years ago.mind you, it is a single owned car!!I think it had the period ALPINE radio also .
but somebody told me that an Austin cambridge got sold for Rs.90000/- last mth in Bangalore.???
What price can one pay for a fully restored LANDMASTER WOODY TRAVELLER (single owner).I am asking this b'cause the owner was asking a steep Rs.300000/-!!!!!
By the way I understand there is an 1960 Austin A50 in Trivandrum belonging to a doctor.He was asking Rs.50000/- any idea??
Same situation over here- there is an original, unrestored '65 herald quoted 3lacs! It is however, an ex-dharampur raja's stable. Yet definitely not that price....plus I know from a source that he bought it for 1.2 lacs only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Here you go! The austin cambridge from TVM.

Lovely car chettan!
Incidentally if the owner is interested in any spares, do contact me!
Although the rear doors, tail-lights and front grille would be slightly different.

Last edited by Stanher : 3rd July 2008 at 20:54.
Old 3rd July 2008, 20:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Here you go! The austin cambridge from TVM.
Ajmat knows a lot about this car
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:06   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Ajmat knows a lot about this car
Why would I know about it ?
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Why would I know about it ?
Isn't this the same car that you said someone you knew got imported from England...
... or am i confused? I think mentioned this car in some other post (without pictures) a long time back and you told me more regarding the car. Ajmat sorry if it's some other car.. my memory is going bad
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Isn't this the same car that you said someone you knew got imported from England...
... or am i confused? I think mentioned this car in some other post (without pictures) a long time back and you told me more regarding the car. Ajmat sorry if it's some other car.. my memory is going bad
I think you are referring to the Hillman super minx!
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I think you are referring to the Hillman super minx!

Yes!! That's the one

Man i need a larger disk drive...
Old 4th July 2008, 18:35   #24
BANNED

standard herald

I had gone to trivendrum yesterday.
saw a 1970's HERALD 4 door white colour parked near a house on the MC Road.found out the owner.he is ready to sell .asking price is Rs.30000/-!!!!!
Old 6th July 2008, 19:23   #25
BANNED

Spotted a BUG

spotted a RED and black beetle near Kayamkulam .
car was cruising the NH47.couldnt see the no.
seems to be a KLR registration.seemed to have bigger size than modern bugs??
Old 8th July 2008, 19:25   #26
BANNED

No NOC for VINTAGE Cars

Here is a news item I came across in a LOCAL newspaper.

The Motor Vehicle department in KERALA is contemplating a draft proposal of not issuing NOC(NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE) for vintage cars so as to prevent the exodus of keralas's heritage out of the state.
This follows a report in the media that several such cars are being bought out by certain outsiders "

the report also specifically cites certain cars which were smuggled out I dont know whether it is correct to quote all those nos etc, in this forum??
Old 8th July 2008, 23:11   #27
BHPian

classico: this news that you have brought is very relevant and as far as I go, the numbers should be revealed here. The reason for my saying so, is that, we might be gullible enough to pay through the pores of our body to buy something from there... just to loose out on the hard earned money. Give it a thought and post the numbers. IMHO being a publication, it's no secret that should not be revealed.
Old 8th July 2008, 23:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is a news item I came across in a LOCAL newspaper.

The Motor Vehicle department in KERALA is contemplating a draft proposal of not issuing NOC(NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE) for vintage cars so as to prevent the exodus of keralas's heritage out of the state.
Well, I for one dont know if this can be taken as good or bad news!
Old 9th July 2008, 01:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:

This follows a report in the media that several such cars are being bought out by certain outsiders "

the report also specifically cites certain cars which were smuggled out I dont know whether it is correct to quote all those nos etc, in this forum??
Great, now Kerala is sovereign from the rest of India as the vintage cars there are now Keralite heritage!

So now we see reservation within the category of 'outsiders', the 'certain outsiders.'

And, if I bring a car in from Kerala, I am into smuggling?!

And will the 'citizens' of Kerala now have to pay import duties for bringing a vintage car in from India? If it's allowed to import them in the first place, that is.

Or is all this simply about clamping down on exports of vintage cars in Kerala from India, through porous paths in other states?
Old 9th July 2008, 02:52   #30
BHPian

My Car is a A Tamilnadu Registered 76' Amby which I have Smuggled from There and is being driven around Kerala. Will I Be Caught For My Heinous Crime ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks