Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 18:25   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Urgent - Fiat stolen can you help? Edit: Now Recovered thanks to BHPian Veldeep!!

This 1971 Fiat regd MTJ 4150 used to belong to my aunt till a couple of years ago when it was sold to the uncle of my dear friend Karmarkar of the Fiat Club. It was stolen last night from Tilak Road, Pune. As you can see it is in immaculate condition, and of immense sentiment to us all.

If anyone does see a similar looking car (number would probably be changed immedeately), do let me know asap. Please do keep an eye open.

If you have any leads please contact subhash karmarkar or me on 9850215395

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Urgent - Fiat stolen can you help? Edit: Now Recovered thanks to BHPian Veldeep!!-01.jpg  

Urgent - Fiat stolen can you help? Edit: Now Recovered thanks to BHPian Veldeep!!-02.jpg  

Urgent - Fiat stolen can you help? Edit: Now Recovered thanks to BHPian Veldeep!!-03.jpg  

Urgent - Fiat stolen can you help? Edit: Now Recovered thanks to BHPian Veldeep!!-04.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2008 at 18:53. Reason: Added Contact
karlosdeville is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2008, 18:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

This is unbelievable!! A 37 years old car stolen! Is there suddenly a big demand for old cars like these?
Old 28th August 2008, 18:34   #3
BANNED

The plague has spread out of Team-bhp too?

It's a very bad news. What are the steps taken until now after the theft?
I would recommend you to approach some private recovery agents if needed.
Old 28th August 2008, 18:35   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
This is unbelievable!! A 37 years old car stolen! Is there suddenly a big demand for old cars like these?
There is tremendous demand for good condition cars to be converted to run as taxis in Bombay on the old regn itself. Its cheaper than overhauling one of those.

Incidentally, many old cars (including my Standard 10) have been stolen in the past in Pune, and recovered some time later with battrery and few minor parts missing.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:20   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a shame that such a decent 1100 got stolen! Did you give a police complaint, although I guess when it comes to old cars they wouldnt have as much enthu to help!
I do hope you get it back!
Old 28th August 2008, 20:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

God thats real bad. I hope you do get it back. Will keep my eyes open to for any fiat now
Old 28th August 2008, 20:37   #7
BHPian

What is the next immediate step one should take, if the car is sighted, lets say in areas like CST Road or Chor Bazaar, besides calling Karl or Subhash?
We have to actually stay prepared for a situation like this in advance.
Because, a stolen FIAT can mostly be re-sold instantaneously only to a Taxiwalla who can use the body shell with his old regn.
I guess, the local police station should be intimated, whilst the registered owners transit down from Pune to mumbai after being informed.

Last edited by President : 28th August 2008 at 20:39.
Old 28th August 2008, 21:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
What is the next immediate step one should take, if the car is sighted, lets say in areas like CST Road or Chor Bazaar, besides calling Karl or Subhash?
We have to actually stay prepared for a situation like this in advance.
Because, a stolen FIAT can mostly be re-sold instantaneously only to a Taxiwalla who can use the body shell with his old regn.
I guess, the local police station should be intimated, whilst the registered owners transit down from Pune to mumbai after being informed.
there's a another place near the Wadala truck depot where they chop these things into taxis. I 'll drop by tomorrow to check. Cant loose this museum piece.
Old 28th August 2008, 21:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

this is very sad indeed. like Karl and President have pointed out the car would be used to be converted into a taxi. it even has a carrier.

i would suggest the car would be in pune itself as the person would have changed the number plates and would be waiting for things to cool down, assuming you have made a police complaint.
i would want to check at any place like chor bazaar in Pune.
also contact the taxi union and talk to them giving the chassis number as i presume that would be required when turning it into a taxi. the other step that could be done is to inform anyone you know in chor bazaar or CST Mumbai to keep an eye out for the car, if it does come there.
you could also check with Garages that do work for taxi's. the guy would have to go somewhere to get the job done.
Lastly BHPIANS from area's next to pune keep an eye out as the car could come there too. that would be where the theif does not expect you to look.

i hope the car is found soon and in one peice.
Old 28th August 2008, 21:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
also contact the taxi union and talk to them giving the chassis number as i presume that would be required when turning it into a taxi. the other step that could be done is to inform anyone you know in chor bazaar or CST Mumbai to keep an eye out for the car, if it does come there.
No offence speedy but why would people like them help at all with this? Since they normally are the ones who'd have a major hand in this job of bringing in these cars to convert into taxis!
Old 28th August 2008, 22:37   #11

NOO!!! This just isnt right!1 This has happened to us also. One of our Fiats were stolen years ago. Found days later atop a bridge somewhere.
Old 28th August 2008, 23:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

I'll take a round of CST road tomorrow. Let's hope and pray she's found soon.
Old 28th August 2008, 23:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

i dont believe it. Ill put my men on the job. Although ill be gone to Delhi in the morning, ill be in touch with my sources.
Old 28th August 2008, 23:46   #14
BHPian

I've just returned home via CST Road.
I closely checked out all the Fiats there but couldn't find any traces of MTJ 4150. There were a lot of Pune and out of mumbai regd FIATS though.

You never know.
4150 may land up there soon in the future.
Mumbai FCCCI and Team-Bhpians - We got to be vigilant now.
Old 29th August 2008, 01:53   #15
BANNED

As speedy said, if one has friends in these well known places, then it will help a lot in tracing it. I would be ready to pay something for this beauty if it can be traced in a single piece.

Have to be very careful from now on.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks