Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 16:27   #421
Senior - BHPian

Which one of these meter should be the correct Speedometer for the 1959 Select, the firat one or the second. The second one is what came on my car. The first one was bought recently.

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc03846.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-fiatmillecento_43.jpg
Old 4th February 2010, 17:11   #422
Senior - BHPian

Manish may I ask what is the difference between the two.

All I can see is that they are the same, identical ones save for the fact that the one in the first picture looks to have been well used and is kind of faded on the insides.

But if you are really serious about this its the one in the second picture that is correct for your car.

Last edited by wasif : 4th February 2010 at 17:14.
Old 4th February 2010, 17:25   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Manish may I ask what is the difference between the two.

All I can see is that they are the same, identical ones save for the fact that the one in the first picture looks to have been well used and is kind of faded on the insides.

But if you are really serious about this its the one in the second picture that is correct for your car.
First one does not have the water temperature gauge of the lower left hand side of the speedometer and the second one do has. The second one is a pic from net, mine is same as that but no in that good condition.
Old 4th February 2010, 17:27   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Which one of these meter should be the correct Speedometer for the 1959 Select, the firat one or the second. The second one is what came on my car. The first one was bought recently.
The first meter is from a 56/57 Elegant, the second from a Select/Super Select. The most prominent difference is the Dynamo light and absence of temp guage.
Old 4th February 2010, 18:10   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The first meter is from a 56/57 Elegant, the second from a Select/Super Select. The most prominent difference is the Dynamo light and absence of temp guage.
Second one is from an early select ('59-60 or thereabouts), later ones came in KM/HR caliberation, which also continued on S.selects.
I had bought one that originally belonged to the early select APC 1 here, which was unfortunately stolen off my scooter the same day!!
Old 4th February 2010, 21:01   #426
Senior - BHPian

Guys thanks for the reply, well the Elegent meter was bought by my parents and looks like, I have to find a owner for the same since that dosen't an original for Select.
Old 5th February 2010, 09:57   #427
BHPian

searching for morris minor engine parts..piston,rings,valves,etc... anyone please PM me if u have any parts of a morris minor engine...
Old 11th February 2010, 23:17   #428
BHPian

Parts for Vintage & Classic Cars - National Autojumble -2010

Dear Friends,

Take a look at the thread for this upcoming event : HMCI National Autojumble 2010

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th February 2010 at 11:34. Reason: Have added a link to existing thread, rather than posting content twice.
Old 13th February 2010, 02:12   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

'need a set or even a pair of shocks for HILLMAN MINX. If anyone could help with this, do let me know, thanks.
Old 13th February 2010, 15:20   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Dear Friends,

Take a look at the thread for this upcoming event : HMCI National Autojumble 2010
Jattiji is there some way that the parts from your Auto jumble can be made available to some of us who can't make it to Delhi during the period?
Old 13th February 2010, 16:53   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Jattiji is there some way that the parts from your Auto jumble can be made available to some of us who can't make it to Delhi during the period?
amolji,your request is worthwhile ,but have you any idea about the prices which were being quoted even for REPRO parts in the jumble???
Old 16th February 2010, 18:50   #432
BHPian

Ajay why worry about the prices - take it or leave it - its a complete buyer seller discussion item. If some one wants it desperately he will atleast get the part in question or else leave it if its too expensive. Agree with Amol's request and will be happy to talk to Mr. Jatti in organising this for the bhpians!

Cheers!
Old 16th February 2010, 20:22   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I wish I could do that, but I really do-not know how to do it. First of all we do-not know what kind of parts will be there and what the prices the seller/s would ask for it. The best option would be to send a list of parts that you are looking for to somebody whom you know in Delhi ,who could come and buy the parts. In case you have any other suggestion, please do let me know and if it is feasiable, I shall galdly have it done.
Old 16th February 2010, 20:35   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrock View Post
searching for morris minor engine parts..piston,rings,valves,etc... anyone please PM me if u have any parts of a morris minor engine...
I have a set of valves I believe. maybe some not working electric fuel pumps
regards
Old 20th February 2010, 10:19   #435
BHPian

V8 Engine

We are sourcing a GM V8 Engine for an old GM car,donot know if this is the right place to know but anybody have idea please let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks