Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 01:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.

I met MSK (Kahai in tbhp) online when i recognized a LR that he bought from my hometown and restored it to its full glory. I urge him to join tbhp, he did but he is still figuring out the navigation and stuff around here.

In this thread I am posting some of his work and his collection with his permission. Best part is he is a collector and restorer rolled into one.

Enjoy!

I don't know what this is, A bobby?
One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-scot.jpg

Truimph
One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-triumph.jpg

Standard Pennant
One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-standard-penant.jpg

Morris
Name:  morris.jpg
Views: 3860
Size:  84.1 KB

Jeep
One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-jeep.jpg

Jeep Station Wagon
One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-jeep2.jpg

ANd my personal favourite 54 Land Rover 88".
Attached Thumbnails
One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-54-landy.jpg  

Old 30th June 2009, 01:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

The one on the top is a Inocentie. i saw this on in 2008 jan 20th. it is a disaster. and i think that it was not allowed to participate in the Vintage rally for not being any where near to original.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:39   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
The one on the top is a Inocentie. i saw this on in 2008 jan 20th. it is a disaster.
It's en early/mid 60s Lambretta, made into a chopper. Quite well-executed IMHO.
Old 30th June 2009, 16:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

In his own words (MSK)
"its not made for participating in any event, its just to showcase the talent of the person who made it"

Its actually a 1962 innocenti lambretta, modded to look like a chopper
Its will be featured in the august edition of motoring.

Enjoy
Old 30th June 2009, 17:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Why?????

Just a thought. All these vehicles seem to have one little oddity that mars their perfect lines. The Triumph Tiger has unnecessary bold stickering on the tank and airbox (as well as red leather seats, ugh!). The Baby Hindustan has mock Mercedes wheelcaps. The Land Rover has that unnecessary chrome "chakra" on the breakfast grille.

As for the first 2 wheeler, I'll reserve my personal comments. Suffice to say its the world's first cruiser with an empty chassis cradle, underslung engine and scoot silencer. Truly talented!
Old 30th June 2009, 17:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
As for the first 2 wheeler, I'll reserve my personal comments. Suffice to say its the world's first cruiser with an empty chassis cradle, underslung engine and scoot silencer. Truly talented!
I did try to edit my post to mention the silencer......but was already past the 20 minutes time limit!

Yes, the original muffler, which looks like its hanging by the side, is the ultimate in marring the looks!

Something like this would've made a big difference:

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk...tta-skelly.JPG
Old 30th June 2009, 23:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a thought. All these vehicles seem to have one little oddity that mars their perfect lines. The Triumph Tiger has unnecessary bold stickering on the tank and airbox (as well as red leather seats, ugh!). The Baby Hindustan has mock Mercedes wheelcaps. The Land Rover has that unnecessary chrome "chakra" on the breakfast grille.

I guess the morris and Landrover had that when it was bought. Here are the images of the done job.

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-mm1.jpg

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-mm2.jpg

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-mm3.jpg

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-mm4.jpg

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-mm5.jpg

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-mm6.jpg

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-mm7.jpg

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-mm8.jpg
Old 30th June 2009, 23:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

My man, MSK is not posting any comments as he is not happy with the response. He feels, i guess every DIY guy including myself will feel the same, it goes a lot of work and pain to do the job like these. and people don't even know what they are talking about.

I got news for you, Its not a Triumph Tiger. and that Landrover was the star of 43rd Statesman Rally. and indicted in the London's Heritage Club for originality.
AT the Statesman rally.

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-statesmen.jpg

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-statesmen2.jpg
Old 1st July 2009, 00:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
The Triumph Tiger has unnecessary bold stickering on the tank and airbox (as well as red leather seats, ugh!).
That is the Triumph 3HW. A really beautiful bike. I dont think the owner has anything to worry about. It at least has all the original parts in it. Painting it should be one of the least worries. A good shade of military green or black is all that is needs. Any more pics of the bikes Sir?
Old 1st July 2009, 00:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
My man, MSK is not posting any comments as he is not happy with the response. He feels, i guess every DIY guy including myself will feel the same, it goes a lot of work and pain to do the job like these. and people don't even know what they are talking about.

I got news for you, Its not a Triumph Tiger. and that Landrover was the star of 43rd Statesman Rally. and indicted in the London's Heritage Club for originality.
AT the Statesman rally.

Attachment 153481

Attachment 153482
See no disrespect to Mr MSK, i remember being introduced to him by my friend Jassi. but the Scooter if looked as a Chopper it is great but again the man beside the scooter that day mentioned what i mention on the top there. and personally i would have really preffered to see it in its true colors and style.

thanks
Old 1st July 2009, 01:05   #11
BHPian

Talking about motorcycles, many of us love to see them in their true colors but then scooters come from an era where they were modded or accesorized in a radical way. If you google for scooter choppers, you will be surprized to see so many of them. I remember seeing a picture of this same scoot a while ago and if I can recollect they said it was India's first "scooter chopper" on in lines of that. I for one kinda like it because it is different. There was a video I had seen, where a guy had mounted a 700 odd cc superbike engine on his lambretta floor board.

There are so many classics and vintages chopped up to make choppers and bobbers. Although it incurs the wrath of many people, it is in a league of its own.
Old 1st July 2009, 02:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Im not sure if the orange creation is an Innocenti..it looks more like Bobby modified.The front forks are very similar to lamby.
Old 1st July 2009, 03:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

hey i just remember that i had posted a pic inthe old thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...an-2008-a.html
Attached Thumbnails
One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-118035.jpg  

Old 1st July 2009, 12:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Much ado about nothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post

AT the Statesman rally.
There seems to be a lot of unnecessary hullaballoo about what I've written yesterday. "People dont even know what they are talking about"??????.

I quote my original statement. I've said every vehicle has one little oddity that mars its otherwise perfect lines. It was a passing thought. And anyway, the reason for posting your work on a public forum is to gather comments from the public, right?

Quote:
All these vehicles seem to have one little oddity that mars their perfect lines.
Please note I'm no wizard who can decipher quality of workmanship from a few pictures, so I've made no comments on the same. I've commented only on whatever is visible on the surface. But now that the gloves are off, let me get a little more critical.

1. The Land Rover seems to have some modern car's/bike's brake disc attached on the breakfast grille, marring its totally original lines. Also you claim it to be a 1954 model. The Series I did not come with the Inverted T grille till 1957. The earliest models had an all enveloping iron grille (see the first pic I've posted). Ask the owner if the pics he sent to London Heritage club had the car with that monstrosity on?

2. This is for you and Tuffryder. The bike seemed to be a Triumph Tiger 80 from the pictures. You say its a Triumph 3HW. Of course it is, but please let me know (other than the sprung rear seat and the exhaust, both of which can be easily replicated) what are the surface differences that can help one tell one from the other?

3. As for the white car, again difficult to tell apart. I called it a Baby Hindustan because it seemed to have the Hindustan hood ornament, as well as "baby Hindustan" lettering by its bonnet side (refer 2nd pic).

So you see, its not what people know or dont know, its how the presentation is made.
Attached Thumbnails
One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-lrfaq.jpg  

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-morris.jpg  

Old 1st July 2009, 16:41   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im not sure if the orange creation is an Innocenti..it looks more like Bobby modified.The front forks are very similar to lamby.
Ram, look closely, and you'll find that it very much is a Lambretta. The chassis has been modified with the body "frame" at the rear (on which the seats etc. are mounted) cut off.

See this pic. closely for comparison (the body-frame outlined in red, excuse the poor artistic accuracy! )

One more Vintage Collector/Restorer from Delhi.-chassis.jpg

Then an additional bar was welded on at the front to support the new fuel tank.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks