Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 12:31   #91
Senior - BHPian

PM me there is a car in bandra not sure if petrol or diesel.
Old 27th November 2009, 12:44   #92

Hi Guys,

Came across this ad on ebay.

Morris Minor 1953 for 350000/- Personally think its overpriced but just in case anyone is interested here is the link

eBay India: Morris Minor 1953 (item 220508940353 end time 11-Dec-2009 14:56:15 IST)

Cheers
Sharalene
Old 27th November 2009, 14:08   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlz View Post
Hi Guys,

Came across this ad on ebay.

Morris Minor 1953 for 350000/- Personally think its overpriced but just in case anyone is interested here is the link

eBay India: Morris Minor 1953 (item 220508940353 end time 11-Dec-2009 14:56:15 IST)

Cheers
Sharalene
Nice car, but thats too much of a asking price.

A genuine Tourer might fetch such price if its fully original. and i'am glad i am restoring one such tourer.
Old 28th November 2009, 11:08   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Nice car, but thats too much of a asking price.

A genuine Tourer might fetch such price if its fully original. and i'am glad i am restoring one such tourer.
HI pawan this morris belongs to a friend of mine in calicut i offered him 1.75 also wish every bhpian a happy bakrid
Old 12th February 2010, 21:39   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Nothing more.
I am now left only with a Sunbeam S7.
Spitfire do you still have this Sunbeam S-7? I haven't seen a Sunbeam in ages. Where is it in Goa or Bangalore?
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
When I go to Goa next I want to meet Spitfire, and I hope to meet Cannonball soon. And all the others who would like that.
harit
Harit, when are you going to Goa next?

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 12th February 2010 at 21:58.
Old 14th February 2010, 16:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

Keith in Mumbai is making a replica convertible beetle by using an using an orignal for reference purposes, this is being done in front of my very own eyes and I don't think anyone is trying to hide it! These are facts so should not be taken down or taken out of the thread at the behest of anyone I can prove them! Infact I don't think the owner has gone to any lenght to hide/conceal this he just is proud that he and his restorer are able to make a replicate! They anyway can't conceal it as the RC book will tell all! Regarding its value yes it may be less than even a regular beetle but if done well a novelty to some.

I would though like to get a clarification from anyone or pawan who has information if whether the green tourer being painted and posted elsewhere is indeed a genuine tourer I am still not sure why my post has been pulled down as it is a simple question not intended to start a fight unless someone has something to hide!?

Hey Pawan I am not sure why you get so worked up with Ajay and sometimes me you did decide to ignore so how about a constructive chat so we can end this once and for all and perhaps even shut me and ajay up. If you indeed have a zen carb own up if not shut everyone up buy putting out some pics of your engine bay as even your own gallery does not have pics of the bus engine bay, people do have a right to question as you do to others in equal measure on tbhp same goes for the tourer what say?

Sceptics like us have a right to question and have opinions just like you have your rights and at this rate we are all going to be busy only with each other on this forum instead of engaging everyone

Last edited by canonball : 14th February 2010 at 16:25.
Old 14th February 2010, 18:46   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Keith in Mumbai is making a replica convertible beetle by using an using an orignal for reference purposes, this is being done in front of my very own eyes and I don't think anyone is trying to hide it! These are facts so should not be taken down or taken out of the thread at the behest of anyone I can prove them! Infact I don't think the owner has gone to any lenght to hide/conceal this he just is proud that he and his restorer are able to make a replicate! They anyway can't conceal it as the RC book will tell all! Regarding its value yes it may be less than even a regular beetle but if done well a novelty to some.

I would though like to get a clarification from anyone or pawan who has information if whether the green tourer being painted and posted elsewhere is indeed a genuine tourer I am still not sure why my post has been pulled down as it is a simple question not intended to start a fight unless someone has something to hide!?

Hey Pawan I am not sure why you get so worked up with Ajay and sometimes me you did decide to ignore so how about a constructive chat so we can end this once and for all and perhaps even shut me and ajay up. If you indeed have a zen carb own up if not shut everyone up buy putting out some pics of your engine bay as even your own gallery does not have pics of the bus engine bay, people do have a right to question as you do to others in equal measure on tbhp same goes for the tourer what say?

Sceptics like us have a right to question and have opinions just like you have your rights and at this rate we are all going to be busy only with each other on this forum instead of engaging everyone

in fact pavan kadam himself had stated in his baywindow restoration thread that he is using a maruti carburretor and had even said that he likes his cars to be daily runners.I also would humbly like to make it clear that I have no personal animosity towards pavan kadam .
It is just that when one makes contradictory statements regarding the same classic car and it gets noticed that comments are made.please take it in a sportive spirit, it benefits the owners the most since it is better that he can take corrective action now ,not at a rally/show/ time of sale etc.
please remember that the distance from Hero to Zero and Zero to Hero
is just one (/)
Old 15th February 2010, 18:00   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keith in Mumbai is making a replica convertible beetle by using an using an orignal for reference purposes, this is being done in front of my very own eyes and I don't think anyone is trying to hide it!
Cannon
Is Keith converting a regular top beetle to a convertible? Where is he getting it done? I would like to have a dekho.
Thanks in Advance
Old 15th February 2010, 18:07   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Spitfire do you still have this Sunbeam S-7?
Yes, in Goa. But in pieces though. Frame, engine and wheels are separate and stored waiting for all the parts to be collected.
Old 15th February 2010, 21:21   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, in Goa. But in pieces though. Frame, engine and wheels are separate and stored waiting for all the parts to be collected.
Spitfire, How come in pieces and what's missing? Have you had it a long time? What about registration? I didn't know Goa had English bikes. Any story to tell about your machine. I love those 16 size tires they sport. Imagine riding it in the evening to one of the new bridges in North Goa. Wow!!!

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 15th February 2010 at 21:24.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:50   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cannon
Is Keith converting a regular top beetle to a convertible? Where is he getting it done? I would like to have a dekho.
Thanks in Advance
A regular beetle is being choped, there is an original car lying with them for reference. And some parts will be imported. For more details you should see Anup.

Cheers harit
Old 16th February 2010, 10:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
For more details you should see Anup.
Cheers harit
Harit, Oh my Mitra is doing it for Keith. He mentioned something to me about this a few months ago but I didn't connect it with Keith. I think I will say pass about the dekho now. He will wonder where I got the info from. Cannon just keep it a secret.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 16th February 2010 at 10:35.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:49   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Spitfire, How come in pieces and what's missing?
It was lying in our grain storehouse for 30+ years. Owned by my grandfather but was handed over to my uncle (dads elder brother). He was not too interested in the bike.

Quote:
Have you had it a long time? What about registration?
I got it in 2008. Convinced my dad to ask my uncle to give it to us.

Its Post Independence Mumbai registered. Imported in 1947.

Quote:
I didn't know Goa had English bikes. Any story to tell about your machine.
Well it was not really in Goa. Under the Portuguese Rule our family had to leave their homes and land due to the atrocities of the Portuguese regime against other religions.

They then settled on the borders of Maharashtra. In a place called Redi.

My grandfather who was a businessman then used to love motorbikes and used to travel to Bombay quite often. He bought a Sunbeam S7 from an Englishman who was a priest. It was brand new when bought and he rode it all the way from Bombay to Redi in 1948, I am not sure of the exact year though. He used it for a few years before he passed away due to an illness.

The bike was then used by my uncle for some years before it started giving a lot of problems. Frustrated with it he left it in the storehouse as no one wanted to buy it. There it stayed for the next 30 odd years. Every year for Ganesh Celebrations when we used to go to our village I used to clean its seat, sit on it and imagine riding it on the roads. That was bliss.

Quote:
Imagine riding it in the evening to one of the new bridges in North Goa. Wow!!!
Know what, I just wish I can get rid of this hectic work schedule and do just that. Someday hopefully.

It was/is in matt green colour. And it still is intact in lot of places.Unfortunately no pictures. I will try and get them the next time I go there. Lot of folks have asked for pictures earlier.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:08   #104
Senior - BHPian

Sure thing deutsch I anyway don't know your real name when you said Mitra you meant friend I suppose!? Anyway the guy who is doing it is Anoop if you know him I suppose the rest is obvious, if you don't PM me I will do the needfull. They have completed the entire process of bodywork and have replicated it down to every detail - strenghtening the pan and body, modifying the door, A pillar so if ever anyone strips this car in future will be difficult to tell it is replica but for the RC book

Last edited by canonball : 16th February 2010 at 13:09.
Old 16th February 2010, 17:06   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was lying in our grain storehouse for 30+ years. Owned by my grandfather
Its Post Independence Mumbai registered. Imported in 1947.
They then settled on the borders of Maharashtra. In a place called Redi.

My grandfather who was a businessman then used to love motorbikes and used to travel to Bombay quite often. He bought a Sunbeam S7 from an Englishman who was a priest.
Know what, I just wish I can get rid of this hectic work schedule and do just that. Someday hopefully..
Spitfire, This is great news. Now the only thing better than you going alone to the bridge with your S7 is me riding along on another S7. Now I don't have an S7 but I have some pretty great shaft driven competitors. Is it still mumbai registered? You need to transfer it to your name or your dads name first. This you should do immediately. Because rules change every day. If you need a good RTO agent in mumbai I can put you onto one. Maybe you need to do some little bit of work on the bike now and then. If you need some help just ask. Just open it and give the frame and body parts for painting. Matt green sounds good. And then work on the engine gearbox and rest. Are you able to do a bit of repairing yourself? Yep cleaning the seat and sitting on the bike and imagning youre riding it.... well I would do the same.

You need to join this group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/classicglory/
My friend Mahesh's dad has smuggled out of Goa, VW engines in a raft swimming in the river in the days before liberation. His dad was very daring and took part in the liberation protest. Mahesh has his own workshop in Mumbai just incase you need to do any work on the bike engine or other parts.
Regards

Regards

Quote:
Sure thing deutsch when you said Mitra you meant friend I suppose!? Anyway the guy who is doing it is Anoop if you know him I suppose the rest is obvious,
Yeah Cannon I know Anup for many years and he is a good friend, we live quite closeby. Infact I met him this Saturday.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 16th February 2010 at 17:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks