Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 11:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

A few more pictures from the Vintage Car parade in TVM.
  1. Reanault Celtaquatre 1938 (2 pics)
  2. Rudge Multi Motor Cycle 1914 (2 pics)
  3. Austin A 40 1948
The Rudge was the oldest vehicle in the display. Like the modern Harley it had a Rubber Belt driven final drive. Though it was displayed on a trailer, the engine could be started and the gear box was working.

Hope you guys enjoy this.

Take care & Drive safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-renault-celtaquatre-1938.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-renault-celtaquatre-1938a.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-rudge-multi-1914.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-rudge-multi-1914a.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-austin-40-1948.jpg  

Old 7th September 2009, 17:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

A few more miscelaneous pictures. Not of vintage but not the run of the mill cars.

Pontiac Tempest LeMans 1963
Morris Mini Moke 1967
Morris 1000
Trishul

The last one is curious one, a cross between a jeep and a car called THRISHUL! It was 1983 model and was being made somewhere in Patna with Lamborghini Diesel (of Diesel Bullet fame).

Hope you enjoy this and I hope this would have insprired the BHPians in TVM to try and replicate this in a larger format.

20 years is too long time fir Trivandrum not to have a Vintage Car show.

Best Regards

Take Care & Drive Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-pontiac-tempest-lemans-1963.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-morris-mini-moke-1967.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-trishul.jpg  

Vintage Car Rally (?) Display in Trivandrum - Part 1-morris-1000-1959.jpg  

Old 7th September 2009, 17:20   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hello Guys,

A few more miscelaneous pictures. Not of vintage but not the run of the mill cars.

The last one is curious one, a cross between a jeep and a car called THRISHUL! It was 1983 model and was being made somewhere in Patna with Lamborghini Diesel (of Diesel Bullet fame).
Thanks for the pictures, they were a treat.

I was especially interested to see the Trishul - any idea how many were made? And the engine was probably Lombardini, not Lamborghini
Old 7th September 2009, 18:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

which is the green color KLT jeep in the second last picture, is it older model of HM trekker.
Old 7th September 2009, 22:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
which is the green color KLT jeep in the second last picture, is it older model of HM trekker.
that is an austin mini moke,infact i think there are two of them in trivandrum right now.this one and a yellow one.

more details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1023149
Old 8th September 2009, 10:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
that is an austin mini moke,infact i think there are two of them in trivandrum right now.this one and a yellow one.

more details
CB46,

The picture I had posted is that of Morris Mini Moke 1966 Model. The owner then had told me that it was a 1967 Model.

Yes, Austin also made Mini Mokes from 1964. I think it was made with Morris badge for certain markets and in some it went as Austin.

If still have doubts I will PM you the vehicle number. Have a look at the Kerala MVD site.

Best Regards

Take Care & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 8th September 2009, 10:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Thanks for the pictures, they were a treat.

I was especially interested to see the Trishul - any idea how many were made? And the engine was probably Lombardini, not Lamborghini
Karl,

I don't have any further details about Trishul. May be some forum chaps from Bihar/Patna can help.

Regarding Lombardini/Lamborghini, I am not too sure. I think I recall seeing few Bullets converted to diesel with these engines - before the Sooraj Engines.

Thanks and Best Regards

Take care & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 8th September 2009, 12:38   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding Lombardini/Lamborghini, I am not too sure. I think I recall seeing few Bullets converted to diesel with these engines - before the Sooraj Engines
Lombardini (actually Greaves-Lombardini in India) and Lamborghini are both a world different!

G-L was a Diesel engine very popular with the Harley bike-based rickshaws in Delhi.

Lamborghini was a popular Italian sportscar and happened to a competitor of Ferrari.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CB46,

The picture I had posted is that of Morris Mini Moke 1966 Model. The owner then had told me that it was a 1967 Model.

Yes, Austin also made Mini Mokes from 1964. I think it was made with Morris badge for certain markets and in some it went as Austin.

If still have doubts I will PM you the vehicle number. Have a look at the Kerala MVD site.

Best Regards

Take Care & Drive Safe

Ram
there are indeed 2 mini mokes in trivandrum,each one belonging to 2 brothers.the second one is a1980 model imported in 2007 from SRILANKA under tourism purpose.
the first green one is a direct import also from Ceylon by these guys father .
I have seen both cars personally.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ajay & CB 46,

Both Mokes are in the picture in the link CB46 had posted.

From the picture you can see the differences in the badge. One is Austin (yellow) and the other is Morris.

Best regards

Ram
Old 8th November 2010, 12:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Its after spotting a small jeep called Trishul , I checked in google and reverted back to tbhp , That to the same one I spotted near the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) , The same which I posted in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post2132620

Nair saab this thread is simply superb an applause to your efforts! , How come on the world I missed this thread ?

I think you will be delighted to see the current status of the Thrissul , have a look at it here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post2132620

BTW , The Hanomag is an excellent spotting , Kudos to you for that and thanks for sharing , Truly speaking the colour of the snaps gives the nostalgic touch !
Old 11th November 2010, 12:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
, Kudos to you for that and thanks for sharing , Truly speaking the colour of the snaps gives the nostalgic touch !
Foby,

I had reprinted the pictures from the negatives which are over 20 years old. So the aging is natural !

Thanks for your comments

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks