Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 12:23   #31

Re: Austin A40 Family Legacy - Back To Beauty

In my Austin A40 fixed waterpump of Landmaster after alterations and also got my old pump repaired locally. However horn switch is still pending. However, the car is operational and is in use
ramendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 09:22   #32
BHPian

Hello everyone. Thanks for posting on this thread and keeping it alive. Coming to the sad story of my A40. By 2013 all the body work was almost complete when a flash flood hit Cuttack. The repairers workshop was right beside a canal. All parts, cosmetics and mechanical components were stored in the cabin of the workshop adjoining the canal. During the flashflood and accompanying midslide with massive rains,the entire cabin was washed into the canal and that way I lost almost everything stored away in there- all cosmetics, suspension parts, engine, gearbox, glasses, etc. Few houses in the surrounding areas also collapsed into the canal and almost a quarter of the workshop area was sucked into the waterbody. I stay at Mumbai and this happened in Cuttack. Being a regular local phenomenon, I was not aware of this immediately and in apprehension of repercussions, the repairer did not inform this to me immediately. When I returned after the rainy season I was left aghast. All that I was left with that day was the naked body shell. The usual story began. The results will speak up soon as she gets painted and spins around in a few days.
dudesam24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 09:49   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Wish you all the very best with the A 40 restoration. A lot of work needs to be done. The car is quite original on the whole. The rusting needs to be contained. Have'nt seen the engine bay-please post some pictures. The dash, meters and the steering (including the horn button) are original.The door trims, levers are all original but need to be spruced up.The seats need to be replaced with ones with the period look. The seat cover has some modern trims.Wheelcaps are needed which may be a bit tough to find.
The front and rear bumpers have the Padmini guards with the black rubber that need to be taken off and replaced with the original ones.
The front parking lights are not original.The tail lights are original.
Actually, the steering wheel is not original. It's from the later model Somerset.

Bill Wilkman
wilkmanracing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 23:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkmanracing View Post
Actually, the steering wheel is not original. It's from the later model Somerset.

Bill Wilkman
Very true Bill, the steering is from the Sommerset which had a bulbous horn console and the spokes were a bit evolved from the rudimentary one of A 40 Devon. Thanks for pointing out.
Old 6th April 2016, 14:13   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramendra View Post
I mean landmaster pump has been fitted to my Austin A40 after modification.

This pump is working well. original pump has also bee repaired and is now kept as spare

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks