Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2011, 11:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Oranges or Apples : SUV or D-Segment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Even I have a feeling it would be the Superb. And yes, the color of choice is black. Lets see what the family has to say.
Dark colours don't reveal the lines and creases in a car's design enough. Fine with the VW's. But the BMW's and Skoda's do have ample creases and one needs a lighter colour to 'flaunt' them! That said, bigger cars often do look better in dark shades. The dark Maroon like colour in the Superb does look pretty sophisticated, while still showing the creases to quite an extent.

Check out a BMW X6 in Black and one in White, to feel the difference.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: Oranges or Apples : SUV or D-Segment?

@Gooney: The S60 is a lovely car. But come to think of it, no spare wheel! How can one live with that? Also, I doubt it could be one to be chauffeur driven! Thats like getting a Octi VRS and getting a driver for it .

@VW2010: Im pretty much in the situation you've mentioned. Heart vs mind! A4 also can be added to the list. A6/A8 is way more expensive and out of the budget. I'd rather buy another house than an A6!

@Poitive: You are absolutely right on the color aspect. To be honest, thats the least of my worries right now. Let me decide on the car, the color can be chosen later.
Old 16th July 2011, 01:04   #33
BHPian

Re: Oranges or Apples : SUV or D-Segment?

One test drive of the 320d at the showroom will make you write a cheque for BMW, if you love to drive.

They are giving good discounts these days too.! Have a look at the CE.

Somehow i didn't get that feeling with the superb or the passat !
manyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 10:16   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

@Anshuman: Thanks a lot for the apt suggestions. As Noop said, the videos help a lot in making the decision. If you had to compare the Superb with the 320, where would your buck be?
Depends on my requirements, i would pick 320d, to me FTD factor is more important and the rear seats in my cars are rarely ever used. But space at rear is tight and ride is way too stiff if someone wants to use it as a full time chauffeur driven.

Superb on the other side is not super involving to drive(but good anyways and most of us won't really be able to tell much of the difference) but it scores better on all other practical aspects. The Interior space is up there with the S-Class, the quality of Interiors is nothing short of the Germans and it will pamper you like any other BIG German.

Also have a look at the Passat, it's equally as good as Superb but space is not as lavish.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 10:34   #35
Team-BHP Support

320d will be great, if you are the one who is going to drive. Since the car is for your dad, and will be chauffer driven most of the time, my suggestion is to stick to the Superb or Passat.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 10:50   #36
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

For your needs, the Skoda Superb is the best bet IMO. With the current Skoda Celebration Offers, you can save some hard earned dough too. The BMW 320d won't suit your purpose, but a TD never harmed anyone. So do take TDs of all vehicles in your budget and then decide. For a FTD car, there is no beating the BMW's but based upon your requirements the Superb really hits the sweet spot.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 11:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Anshuman, Vb-San and //M. I shall be TD'ing all three (320, Passat and Superb) today, most probably.
I agree, where FTD is concerned, nothing beats the 320. But rear space being an important factor, that might be a deal breaker. But then as you rightly said @//M, a TD never harmed anyone.
Old 16th July 2011, 12:20   #38
Team-BHP Support

Is there no Rs. 20 Lac SUV that gives D-segment like ride quality? It's an opportunity for manufacturers to introduce such a car, in my opinion.
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 14:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

So what is it? Oranges or Apples? Was looking forward to some TD reports, but found nothing.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Lol, sorry Ajay. Couldnt really go for any TD's this weekend. Was caught up with work. Plan do so this weekend. Lets see how things go by.
Currently lined up for TD
Superb
Passat
320/X1
XTrail.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol, sorry Ajay. Couldnt really go for any TD's this weekend. Was caught up with work. Plan do so this weekend. Lets see how things go by.
Currently lined up for TD
Superb
Passat
320/X1
XTrail.
No need to say sorry. You were not going to TD the cars for me.

Thats a good line-up. Are you not checking out Merc C-Class too? My director has one and its sufficiently spacious, if not amazing.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Are you not checking out Merc C-Class too? My director has one and its sufficiently spacious, if not amazing.
Umm, not too sure on the C yet. Honestly, the look never impressed me. The E or S are a different league all together though. But out of quesiton cuz of budget restraints.
Shall have a dekko though.
Old 20th July 2011, 09:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Swanand

BHPian suman mentioned in the new car price check thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-deals-55.html) that huge discounts (1.5 to 2 lacs) are being offered on the 320D. Check it out.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 10:11   #44
Team-BHP Support

Cross overs. I am bowled over by this concept. Almost Car like to drive with convenience of a SUV thrown in. The Yeti & X1. Quirky? Yes.

I too prefer sedans with low GC and low seating position, but everytime I come across irregularities...I just want to pick the Car up in my lap and cross-over (pun intended)

Monsoons are creating their own magic over roads with pot-holes appearing in the midst of nowhere.

Heart - 320D
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 10:16   #45
BANNED

An apple a day keeps the Doctor Away.

An SUV on the Road, keeps the Auto Drivers away..

Hope you got it....
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks