Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is a better car for Rs 5.5 to Rs 6.6 Lacs ( ex Showroom)
Toyota Etios 10 4.07%
Honda Jazz 236 95.93%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 21:20   #76
BHPian

No doubt it has to be Jazz. Etios is a decade old car. People in India will buy it since you get the "T" badge.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:54   #77
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz or Toyota Etios

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
There cannot be a real comparison between the 2 cars. If you need a hatch consider the Jazz. If you need a sedan then consider the Etios. You cant compare the two without assessing your needs. All those magic seats of the Jazz cannot be compared to a genuine boot of Etios or any other sedan. Thats why I feel the choice is not exactly so simple as everyone appears to be making.
If you have a Rs 13L budget, then problem solved -- buy both cars and enjoy the twin benefits of the T and H labels. Problem is, with a budget of about Rs 7L, a comparison between Etios and Jazz is inevitable, even if it is an apples-oranges (hatch-sedan) comparison. An entry sedan vs a premium hatch is bound to invite debate, especially since both have a similar price tag. I would have been in a similar dilemma, if I had plans to buy a Rs 6.5 lakh car.

True, the Magic Seats may not replace the size of the boot, but it gives someone so many options and a better utility of luggage space, as and when the need arises. A sedan boot, on the other hand, is just that -- a boot.
Old 25th August 2011, 22:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

With gremlins of Etios' cheap build slowly but surely coming out in the open, Jazz gets my vote.
Old 25th August 2011, 22:19   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
True, the Magic Seats may not replace the size of the boot, but it gives someone so many options and a better utility of luggage space, as and when the need arises. A sedan boot, on the other hand, is just that -- a boot.
Well I know its a tough choice and comparisons might occur. What I am trying to say is based on how I view/use the boot in my car. My cars boot is almost full most of the time with bags, my briefcase, and other this and that kind of stuff. The other use is whenever I have to carry luggage. In both cases I dont want to disturb my seat arrangement because:
1. Its tedious and irritating.
2. If I am carrying luggage then I am obviously carrying a passenger too . And I would love if he or she can sit in comfort without some piece of luggage kept next to him on a folded seat.
Just my views!
Old 25th August 2011, 22:44   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Well I know its a tough choice and comparisons might occur. What I am trying to say is based on how I view/use the boot in my car. My cars boot is almost full most of the time with bags, my briefcase, and other this and that kind of stuff. The other use is whenever I have to carry luggage. In both cases I dont want to disturb my seat arrangement because:
2. If I am carrying luggage then I am obviously carrying a passenger too . And I would love if he or she can sit in comfort without some piece of luggage kept next to him on a folded seat.
Just my views!
Yes, I guess it all depends on the requirements of each person. In my case, the magic seats of the Jazz would serve a purpose similar to that of a credit card. Keep it closed when not needed. But when necessary, the benefits become immediately obvious.

As far as I am concerned, 60:40 flat-folding split seats always help to maximize space options between passengers and luggage. With the Magic seats of the Jazz, the driver can easily take...

1. 4 passengers and adequate luggage.
2. 3 passengers and more luggage.
3. 2 passengers and greater luggage
4. 1 passenger with maximum luggage.

Such flexibility is not possible with the Etios or any sedan for that matter. Plus, the push-back rear seats on two of the three Jazz variants adds further utility to a hatch (also like the old Wagon R) not available in sedans.

As GTO has earlier mentioned in his test report of the Jazz, it is extremely easy and fast to fold/unfold seats in the Jazz. May be, a Jazz owner can confirm this.

Last edited by misquitas : 25th August 2011 at 23:01.
Old 25th August 2011, 23:19   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post

As GTO has earlier mentioned in his test report of the Jazz, it is extremely easy and fast to fold/unfold seats in the Jazz. May be, a Jazz owner can confirm this.
2 finger + small push-Thats all is require for folding/unfolding of seats. I have myself done it 4-5 times, whenever i need it.
Old 25th August 2011, 23:27   #82
BHPian

Also, I forgot to mention another benefit of the boot space in the Jazz in comparison with the Etios. It's easy to gain access to luggage in the boot area of the Jazz without having to actually get out of the vehicle, as is the case with the Etios. This feature becomes extremely beneficial on a very rainy day.

This one feature of the hatch has turned my wife into a hatch-lover.
Old 25th August 2011, 23:39   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess its more about each one's needs. And thats what I adviced to the thread starter. He should analyse his needs. The seat in my Innova needs to be folded for someone to get into the rear seat. Now the process is very easy and smooth but trust me its cumbersome and irritating. I would not want to do the same thing on a daily basis. But ofcourse whatever suits one is fine i guess.
Old 25th August 2011, 23:56   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just my views!
What you say here is basically a benefit of having a sedan over a hatch. AND I agree that there are more applications of having a boot than storing 500 liters of airport baggage. Heck My Dad stashes his laptop/tablet in our Logan Boot on highway lunch breaks / in Mall parkings because he feels its safer there. BUT You can get such a feature in a Dzire / Manza / Verito etc. for a cheaper price than the Etios.(Alongwith a Diesel Option) And without having to wear a raincoat while driving around in the rain

So, this basically is why you buy a Sedan over a Hatch, not an Etios in particular. And Since the Thread Starter did consider a Hatch Vs Sedan in the first place, I am sure he is willing to sacrifice the benefit of a boot in lieu of the better features offered.

This thread is basically a Jazz V Etios thread, in which, the Jazz would win hands down (As shown by the slightly skewed voting pattern ) as it is a more complete product. However, the outcome would be starkly different had this been a Liva V ANHC or a Jazz V ANHC thread.
Old 26th August 2011, 00:00   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay, I am starting to feel bad for the Etios.

If this thread would have turned into a horror film, the Etios would have been hammered, thumped, thrashed, whipped, decimated, continuously pounded to a bloody pulp, flayed and left to dry, and the remains left on the floor a bloody, splattered and unrecognisable mess by now!

And the Jazz would have been standing on top, a sledgehammer in one hand and a chainsaw in the other!
Old 26th August 2011, 08:36   #86
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Thread closed. Rajneesh has decided on the car he wants to buy, i.e. the Honda Jazz.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks