Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2016, 22:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Which car for an Uber / Ola taxi?

A WagonR CNG makes the most sense for Uber/Ola. If you wish to go a segment higher, Etios is your best bet. The thing is, CNG can is a better proposition from a long term perspective as you never know when diesel city cabs may be banned. Also, lower the investment, lower the recovery period and faster the rate of adding more cars.

As for the registration thing of WagonR CNG, Maruti dissuades you from registering one as a taxi. But, you can take it from them on TC plates and then get it registered as taxi directly at the RTO through an agent. However, in most places, Maruti has "setting" in the RTO itself to not register WagobR CNG as taxi. So do keep that in mind.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 23:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Nope. You can use any and whatever car you want as T permit. I've seen Altos, Celerios, Ecosport, E class, Fortuners, Puntos, Linea, City, Ciaz, new Dzire, etc

Use of a vehicle is governed by the RTO and not by the manufacturer.
I've first hand experience regarding this, that's why I again say that it's the manufacturer's call whether to permit the use of their product as a taxi or not. You can check about it with your local Maruti dealer. This applies 'only' on new cars and not on one year or two year old cars. As mentioned earlier, non permitted new cars can also be registered as taxi by greasing the palms of the RTO officer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
But whose "rule" is it? According to me, just my understanding, neither manufacturers nor dealers can make rules. Of course, there is a contract of sale, and they can write stuff into that, and most of us sign them without even reading them, but wouldn't have thought such a clause would stand up in law.

nb: I have no knowledge on yellow plates and how the system works. I strayed into this thread and thought I'd stick around to learn something. Thanks for helping me to do so
Answered above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
As for the registration thing of WagonR CNG, Maruti dissuades you from registering one as a taxi. But, you can take it from them on TC plates and then get it registered as taxi directly at the RTO through an agent. However, in most places, Maruti has "setting" in the RTO itself to not register WagobR CNG as taxi. So do keep that in mind.
+1
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 23:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Which car for an Uber / Ola taxi?

Btw, Maruti has started selling WagonR CNG in t permit officially. My dealership has started selling those since a couple of days.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 23:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Btw, Maruti has started selling WagonR CNG in t permit officially. My dealership has started selling those since a couple of days.
Can't comment on the latest development in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai but it is not permitted here in surat. Maybe in the near future they may allow wagorR in taxi permit in surat too.

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 26th July 2016 at 23:21.
Old 26th July 2016, 23:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
One important point I would like to add is that before booking the wagorR, make sure that they are ready to register it as a taxi coz AFAIK Maruti is quite skeptical to register the wagorR with yellow plates. Atleast that's the case here in surat.
In Gurgaon, only CNG cars are allowed as cabs. Today in uber / ola, almost 80% of new cabs (including new car smell and plastic on seats!!) are WagonR's.
Old 26th July 2016, 23:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
In Gurgaon, only CNG cars are allowed as cabs. Today in uber / ola, almost 80% of new cabs (including new car smell and plastic on seats!!) are WagonR's.
If you look at my first post in this thread, post #21, or just the previous post itself, I've clearly mentioned that its the case here in surat which means that it may not necessarily be applicable in all the cities

Hope this helps.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 04:24   #37
BHPian

Hi All,

For NCR I haven't seen any such thing of dealer restricting a car from being registered as taxi. WagonR is readily available in NCR with a Taxi nimber. The problem is with finance. Not every bank would want to give you a loan on commercial vehicle.
Old 27th July 2016, 09:08   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

There was even some news about Tata trying to avoid Zest being sold in the Taxi market. Although off late I have seen a couple of them sporting a yellow number plate. There is even a thread on the forum about this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...xi-market.html

So I guess there must be some procedure by which car manufacturers restrict the registration of their products as Taxis. It would be interesting to know how exactly do they do this since it cannot be just bribery, since in that case the car companies would not make official statements like the one in the above thread.

Apologies to the OP for the off-topic discussion in his thread.
Old 27th July 2016, 10:59   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post

It all depends on how many trips a day you are able to complete. For e.g Ola pays you 650 per trip as minimum if you complete 8 Trips in a day. Uber also have same kind of schemes. If you drive 25 days. You will be able to get a billing of 125000 rs approx. Now if you remove your expenses which are 20k for the driver, 13 k for the EMI, 25- 30 K fuel and 10k maintenance, you still would be able to save 50k from one car. I am happy if I make 25-30k from one car. The only catch is you have to have good drivers.
Are you sure about the numbers? RS.650/trip on completing 8 trips/day is RS. 5200. I doubt if OLA and Uber are still paying such steep incentives. They did pay in the initial days but they can't be doing that forever.

Do keep us posted on how your venture progresses. A margin of RS.50,000 per month per car kind of sounds unreal for me
Old 27th July 2016, 13:43   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Are you sure about the numbers? RS.650/trip on completing 8 trips/day is RS. 5200. I doubt if OLA and Uber are still paying such steep incentives. They did pay in the initial days but they can't be doing that forever.

Do keep us posted on how your venture progresses. A margin of RS.50,000 per month per car kind of sounds unreal for me
Hi Kiku007,

Yes, I am sure about the numbers as I have got these from OLA office itself.

Earlier it was an incentive of 4500 obove your earnings per day once complete 13 trips in a day. Moreover you get an update on your phone via SMS about changes in the scheme every day. For example last week's scheme was, complete 19 trips out of which 11 should be in peak and minimum business garauntee was 11000. On completion of 14 trips out of which 8 must be in peak minimum business is 7200 & complete 11 trips out of which 6 in peak on minimum business was 4200. You have to finish these trips in 24 hours and peak is 10am till 11pm. Now you can calculate. Even if you do the 11 trips you make a billing of 90k approx. Out of which your expenses are 20k Driver's Salary, 13k EMI, 20k fuel and 10 k maintenance. You still make 30k approx.

Note- OLA takes 15% as commission and Uber takes 10%. Hence the calculation is basis 3500 per day. The schemes keep changing and the owners keep getting updates however overall the summary remains the same at this moment. I understand that they can't keep doing this forever. However I want to take advantage of it till the time they are paying it. Also they pag 13 rs per km for a WagonR and 15 for a Dezire category. And take 15% commission. So they pay you 11.5 rs per KM anyways. And I believe what will happen in future is they might not pay minimum business. But per km price will remain the same. Also we think a lot about them charging very less to customers, I think it's 9 rs per km. So if you consider per minute charges and minimum base fare customer is actually paying almost this 13 rs km.

Last edited by Eddy : 31st July 2016 at 12:11. Reason: Spacing for better readability
nik0502 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 15:25   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

That's some serious money indeed! Thanks for the detailed reply.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 11:39   #42
lsp
BHPian

My 2 cents:-

I am seeing a lot of Datson Go in the new cabs these days in NCR. However that may purely be because of some sweet deal to move the piling stocks by the company.

I would say go for CNG vehicle, to ensure you are covered if some rule comes in later that all cabs must run on CNG. For peace of mind, get a factory fitted one. It is worth the few extra thousand you spend.

All point to one thing - Wagon R CNG

If you are going for sedan, go for Etios. As a consumer of cab services I always found Etios to be more spacious and better than Dzire. These days lots of Xcents also in the market. Haven't traveled in one yet but I don't think it will beat the Etios in space. Maybe in premiumness.
Old 17th September 2016, 20:40   #43
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Does anyone on the forum have any idea about ownership transfer on a used commercial vehicle. What i got to know is you can not transfer a commercial vehicle within first two years. If you are buying a used commercial vehicle then you get an affidavit made and get it notarized and it ia valid for all legal purposes. That is how the entire market is running right now. Wanted to know the openion of fellow bhpians.
Old 17th September 2016, 21:45   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

From an user perspective nothing quite comes close for a single or two users as an Etios.
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:32   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Kiku007,

Yes, I am sure about the numbers as I have got these from OLA office itself.
Hey Nik0502

Did you ever start this venture? I was reading about the Zoomcar Associate Program and I was wondering what happened to your venture.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks