Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2019, 19:14   #46
BHPian

Re: The quietest petrol automatic car around 10 lakhs

If you can stretch your budget, Venue ticks most of the boxes (not sure about mileage). The trouble is that the barebones version comes at 11L OTR Bangalore and the next (and only remaining) variant comes at 14L OTR.

You will find the seating position high and very comfortable. NVH levels, engine refinement and transmission are among the best. Strictly in your budget I would recommend the Jazz
Old 6th December 2019, 19:49   #47
BHPian

Just took delivery of my Ignis Zeta AMT for my dad, silent cabin, superb engine,AMT is fine if you accelerate lineraly, else you will experience headnod effect. Drove over 20 KMS in b2b conditions today and found it comfortable.

Got a discount of almost 1.1lacs including exchange bonus, this is what kind of sealed it for me as I was getting it at almost ex-showroom price.

Also do try the RediGo, another superb engine and awesome transmission. Value for money offering.

If you need a solid one, don't look beyond Figo AT, the best in that range.
Old 6th December 2019, 20:34   #48
BHPian

Please check i10. My wife owns an Xcent which is basically an i10 with a boot. Except for the dismal fuel economy it will tick all the boxes. The old school 4 speed torque converter is more than good enough for city driving and even for highway runs.
Old 6th December 2019, 20:40   #49

Moderators: Little OT here but just wanted to convey my message. Pls, remove it if it is not supposed to be here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post

And I get the analogy you're drawing with the bikes.
(OT, I booked me a KTM Adventure 390. Waiting for its glimpses from IBW, right now. Constantly refreshing.)
:
Little OT here but YEAH!, the 390 Adventure, I am saving money for that and if by any chance KTM launches it with spoke wheels and tubeless tires, I am in.
Old 6th December 2019, 20:47   #50
BANNED

if NVH is important criteria, you only have 2 choices in AT hatchback space :
1) Hyundai Gi10/elite i20
2) polo GT TSI

However, even these wont guarantee good insulation on highway. For that, you need to :
1) fit Michelin 3/4 "ST" tyres
2) damping in doors
3) underbody anti-rust coating (which you anyway should do, for peace of mind to guard against rust)
Old 6th December 2019, 22:00   #51
BHPian

Whatever you get please get a safe car, nothing comes before safety and well being of us, not even fuel economy or little bit extra cabin space. Only three manufacturers have safe cars in India in the category in which you are looking, volkswagen, ford and Tata, so take test drives of their cars and then decide.
Recently my brother in law lost his life in an accident, the car was a brand new baleno being driven at normal speeds, so get a safe car
yesyeswe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 22:26   #52
mxx
BHPian

Go for the Ford Figo 1.5 Automatic. It is way better than those 1.2 litre engines. And the automatic is a nice torque convertor unit.

I used to have a previous gen ford figo (diesel) and its maintenance cost was considerably lower than Hyundai i10(petrol) which I had owned before that. It also had lower maintenance cost compared to honda Jazz CVT.
Old 6th December 2019, 22:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
if NVH is important criteria, you only have 2 choices in AT hatchback space :
1) Hyundai Gi10/elite i20
I have an Elite i20 CVT. While the sound insulation from outside is reasonably controlled, car itself is noisy (engine screams when you try to accelerate hard, which is a CVT trait. There is a constant CVT whine as well). Quite a bit of noise from the underbody/suspension intrudes in to the cabin.
Old 6th December 2019, 23:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

I have the Aspire 1.5L AT - beautiful Fun to drive car. But maybe its the dashcam or maybe my driver or my rough driving, but at 33k and 2.5 years it is beginning to creak a bit with minor rattles and squeaks from a couple of places.

otherwise, it is extremely fun to drive.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 18:44   #55
BHPian

Hey there Creative,

I've been researching AT cars since sometime now. My vote goes to Hyundai Gi10 NiOS AT (AMT). Requesting you to please take a test drive, I'm sure you would like it.

Happy searching,
--Arun
Old 8th December 2019, 04:40   #56
BHPian

The quietest petrol automatic car around 10 lakhs

I think the Ford EcoSport/Aspire Automatic is your best bet with that 1.5 Litre + Torque Converter combo. I feel the Ford Automatics are far more refined than any hatch/sub-4M sedan with a CVT or AMT, as is being recommended by most members here.

Some other options you could consider that have not been recommended yet are:

1 - Ciaz Automatic: It has an old-school 4-speed automatic, which is not ideal for enthusiastic driving, but I believe it will be much better than a small engine + CVT combo in terms of noise. It also has start-stop or "Smart Hybrid" as Maruti calls it, which might help with fuel economy in Bangalore traffic.

2 - Nexon Petrol AMT: Again, not the best car if you are looking for something enthusiastic. But for use case, it should be a solid upgrade from the Ritz.

Last edited by Abhinav667 : 8th December 2019 at 04:46.
Old 8th December 2019, 06:41   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I have the Aspire 1.5L AT - beautiful Fun to drive car. But maybe its the dashcam or maybe my driver or my rough driving, but at 33k and 2.5 years it is beginning to creak a bit with minor rattles and squeaks from a couple of places.

otherwise, it is extremely fun to drive.
I know, this is not the right thread but any fixes for the rattles and squeaks?

Moreover, Ford has no automatic stock for Figo and Aspire anymore. Would be good luck if he finds one to book. Somehow, Ford does not advertise them as much.

There is no better automatic petrol car around 10 lakhs than the Polo GT TSI. Figo AT comes second.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 10:16   #58
BHPian

We own a Baleno automatic in the family and I'll suggest you against it.
It is underpowered with a full load, makes a whining noise inside the cabin, poor build quality and a very bad ride for a car that costs 8+ lacs for a Delta variant. The MRF ZVTS are to blame partially. But still.

We also have an i10 Auto. Fair car, ticks all boxes for in-city drives. But with your requirement of hill and highway visits, I cannot recommend this car either. It's quite bouncy at the rear, typical Hyundai, and you need to be very slow on undulations. The car gets unsettled easily.

I will recommend the Jazz for its space, decent CVT and a hassle free ownership being a Honda.

Had always wanted the GT TSI. It's a hoot to drive and you'll fall in love with the car instantly.
Do not test drive this car before you do any other. You just won't like anything else you drive after this.
It's not really practical if you need a comf car for 5, I must say.
The Vento TSI comes with the same engine but feels a little sluggish than the hatch.

If it has to be a Maruti, I'll suggest you take a look at the XL6 or the Ertiga auto. It's not too big a car that you'll find problems driving in the city. It's huge on practicality and will have enough grunt to keep up on the highways.

I do not have any experience about other automatics so won't be able to talk about the Figo or the Aspire or even the Ecosport or even the Venue.
adneeraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 11:19   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
We own a Baleno automatic in the family and I'll suggest you against it.

I will recommend the Jazz for its space, decent CVT and a hassle free ownership being a Honda.

If it has to be a Maruti, I'll suggest you take a look at the XL6 or the Ertiga auto. It's not too big a car that you'll find problems driving in the city. It's huge on practicality and will have enough grunt to keep up on the highways.
+1 to the Jazz as the engine is really quiet - and one will get used to the CVT "whine".

I would definitely not look at any AMT option, as it is a bit jerky and can be a pain, especially while reversing.
Old 8th December 2019, 13:15   #60
BHPian

I would suggest you to go for Volkswagen Polo or Vento.
1. Best highway performer.
2. Well insulated cabin, stable at triple digit speeds.
3. Gives reasonably good mileage in the city.
4. The DSG gearbox is the best one in the market. Lightning quick shifts. Butter-smooth in city traffic.
4. And of course Volkswagen cars are built to last.
Vasanth is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks