Team-BHP > What Car?

Old 12th April 2021, 17:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Advice needed: Tata Nexon XM vs Altroz XT

Glad to have found this thread! Test drove both yesterday (the diesel Altroz, in this case), and while the rear seat comfort, ground clearance, extra power were factors totally in favour of the Nexon, the Altroz handled way better and I could instantly push it to the limits more easily thanks to almost no body roll, and precise handling. The Nexon's not bad on these, but that difference and the couple of lakhs lesser spent upfront got me thinking about the Altroz seriously. This is to replace the 20+ year old City.
zenx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 12:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Glad to have found this thread! Test drove both yesterday (the diesel Altroz, in this case), and while the rear seat comfort, ground clearance, extra power were factors totally in favour of the Nexon, the Altroz handled way better and I could instantly push it to the limits more easily thanks to almost no body roll, and precise handling. The Nexon's not bad on these, but that difference and the couple of lakhs lesser spent upfront got me thinking about the Altroz seriously. This is to replace the 20+ year old City.
Altroz seems be better built with good interiors. If altroz was launched when I was buying Nexon I would have been confused too.
For me it was GC, 5 star crash rating, awesome music system, decent features and good build quality that sealed the deal.
Of this with Altroz only GC is not taken care rest everything is good. If you can manage with the GC altroz is a good pick
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 13:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Hi Sameer, Akshay from Goa. We have booked a Altroz Diesel and Nexon Petrol. I had gone to book Nexon but liked Altroz dynamics so much that I booked it for myself.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 15:15   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Hi Sameer, Akshay from Goa. We have booked a Altroz Diesel and Nexon Petrol. I had gone to book Nexon but liked Altroz dynamics so much that I booked it for myself.
Yeah, I didn't feel body roll in the Nexon till I drove the Altroz. And in City mode, both make the same 89bhp anyway, the Altroz being almost 200kg lighter. It's a seriously good handler. Rear seats are inexplicably short though and lack under-thigh support. Will a couple of chair cushions fix that?

GC : saw multiple reviews where it didn't bottom out even on bad roads - the number isn't the only determinant.
zenx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 16:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

So I went and tried all the cars, multiple variants all over again. This included a 2019 diesel XZA+ in great condition. Here's some perceptions.

1. I barely felt the AMT "jerks" I read about - both in the petrol and the diesel.
2. The showroom guys were all insistent the diesel AMT does NOT get more than 18-19 on the highway even in City mode! I was assuming it'll be a 20kmpl+ car easily
3. The rear seat of the Altroz, while nowhere as comfortable as the Nexon's, aren't outright terrible either. Over a 6 hour trip, might mean one more stretch break, if one indeed has rear passengers.

I somehow cannot think of why spending 3.5-4L more on a new car vs a 2019 Nexon makes sense Don't particularly care about cruise control, and definitely not interested in thee sunroof.

The confusion continues!
Old 22nd April 2021, 22:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Update : picking up the used XZA Diesel. Finally gave in to the rear seat comfort, GC and ride height which does make a difference over long distances, and hoping the FE difference isn't felt much and I manage to get 18+ on highways. The drive itself is amazing!
zenx is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed