Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2021, 13:57   #76
BHPian

Re: Automatic | Rough Use Resistant | Mass Market Car

I was in a similar quandary...

Safe, fairly reliable/abusable car which should be easy on the pocket with a budget of 10L give or take 50k. Running would be 7-10k a year tops and would be driven by an average driver who isn't particular about maintenance. Had to be AT as the primary driver is ageing.

I tested most of the options similar to the OP of the thread. After more than a month of test drives and back and forth with multiple people, narrowed down to 2 options:

1. Polo Comfortline AT
2. Nissan Magnite XV variant.

- Price-wise, both are almost similar (magnite is more..)
- Feature wise, we are also evenly matched (comfortline variant comes with apple car play/android auto as well.. it is a dealer fitted Blaupunkt system).
- Polo definitely feels much better put together, and I think it's also more comfortable.
- Polo had some nice discounts on it and was readily available, which made me almost book the car... just that I had to take a quick trip to interiors of MH, and well, my own car was scrapping at every bump/hump and road (if you can call it that)

I booked the Magnite for 2 reasons:
- Car will see bad roads through its lifetime of use, and I consider MH roads amongst the worst in the country. I have been travelling extensively throughout GJ and MH in the past 2 years of lockdown, and its very worrying when you cannot take your hatchback due to water logging or craters to many many places. One can argue that people living there are using Suzukis and are managing well, but the peace of mind you have with a crossover is worth it IMO.
- Nissan is offering maintenance plans for up to 5 years, which takes care of basic maintenance at a very good price (~17k for 5 years of service). This basically cinched the deal for me.

Booked the car and now waiting for delivery (over 4 months )

Thanks,
Simple_car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks