Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 11:14   #46

Re: Which new car for 45 lakhs?

Considering the budget, if I were to consider between Volvo S60 and Toyota Camry, which one should I opt for. I am getting a decent discount in S60 and I am confused which one to go for under this budget ?
Old 8th July 2021, 11:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastogikarn View Post
Considering the budget, if I were to consider between Volvo S60 and Toyota Camry, which one should I opt for. I am getting a decent discount in S60 and I am confused which one to go for under this budget ?
Definitely a S60. The build of the Volvo should be much better and owning one, I havn't faced much reliability issue as well. That said Toyota will definitely give 0 issues.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The S60 has better badge value but Camry has infinitely better peace of mind & will outlast most of us! Drive them both - likely you will choose the S60.
Either one, you dont go much wrong!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:53   #49

Quote:
It depends on your usage and what exactly you are looking for in a car. The S60 is surely a premium-built quality car and gives you that "Luxury brand" to flaunt around!

In terms of specs, both cars have plenty to offer and it is quite hard to make a choice without knowing your requirements. If you are okay with lesser fuel efficiency, only petrol engine and the brand value, you could anyway choose the S60. However, given their dealer network and if you are perturbed about reliability, Toyota never disappoints.
SatJordan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 20:17   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Considering the budget, if I were to consider between Volvo S60 and Toyota Camry, which one should I opt for.
Very simple: if you drive, the S60 with the nicer interiors, smaller size, etc. If you'll be driven, the Camry with the recline rear seats, hybrid silence and fuel economy, etc.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 20:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Both are fine choices. However, Volvo will soon be going all-electric. So I would suggest waiting for their electric models.
Old 16th July 2021, 12:37   #52

Thank you so much everyone for all your help. Drove the S60 and loved every bit of it. Finalising S60 in Denim Blue colour.
rastogikarn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much everyone for all your help. Drove the S60 and loved every bit of it. Finalising S60 in Denim Blue colour.
Hearty congratulations to you for your new ride. It’s definitely a great all rounder car. Can you please share the on-road price and discounts that you got?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd July 2021 at 06:02. Reason: Please avoid a space before the punctuation mark.
Old 24th July 2021, 18:49   #54
BHPian

I have started my search. Dropped in the JLR showroom in Bangalore and checked the XE. It seems there is just 1 vehicle available. MY21 Models are yet to arrive.

What should be the OTR price in Bangalore for MY20 Jaguar XE SE250 which is the display vehicle in the showroom?

The sales guy quoted 64 lakhs and indicated 2 lakhs discounts. Sounds ridiculous offer. I think 50-52 should be reasonable? What do fellow members suggest. Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 20:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
I have started my search. Dropped in the JLR showroom in Bangalore and checked the XE. It seems there is just 1 vehicle available. MY21 Models are yet to arrive.

What should be the OTR price in Bangalore for MY20 Jaguar XE SE250 which is the display vehicle in the showroom?

The sales guy quoted 64 lakhs and indicated 2 lakhs discounts. Sounds ridiculous offer. I think 50-52 should be reasonable? What do fellow members suggest. Thanks
There have been issues with reliability as reported by fellow BHPians. Did you consider A4? Seems best around package under 50L.
Equus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 20:20   #56
BHPian

Yes Saw that as well. Currently being quoted 49 OTR for premium plus. BMW 330i sport is not available. Checked C class as well. 60 lakhs OTR for progressive 200.

My budget is 50+- 2 lakhs max
FamilyTraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 12:34   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Hi, I am looking at buying a new car. Budget is around 45 Lakhs. Looking at Luxury brands only inspite of being aware of value that Superb, Octavia, Camry, Jeep etc give.

We are a family of 4 including 2 boys aged 10, 12 years. We go on long road drives (4000-6000km) at least once in year if not two. Both my wife and I love sedans. We currently have Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus and she has served us really well. We have taken her to various parts of India and never faced any problem due to the average GC of the car. We love the low body roll, driving dynamics and comfort of sedans. Hence our inclination towards sedan.

I have shortlisted XE~330i>>C>>>A4 in the same order of preference. Both my wife and I are really in love with the XE but the logical mind in us says 330i. So head versus a heart factor. C and A4 will come into picture only if there are great discounts on them.

My questions
1. Any other car that I should look at?
2. which ones out of the 4 do you suggest?
3. when is the best time to buy? I can wait till Oct-Nov.
4. what kind of discounts can I expect on these four.

Thanks for your help

XE is the one that you should actually avoid. It's got a whole lot of issues that include the engine, electrics, build quality (leaks are prominent in Jaguars due to lack of quality control), brakes, and what not. Buy only if you are planning to keep the car for the duration of the warranty only.

A4 is a great all-rounder but not very appealing. Also, it's got that dreaded DSG gearbox, that is a nightmare, reliability and maintenance wise. The 2.0 Tsi engines is great though.

C-Class and 3-Series are the best options here. But then while BMW has a more reliable transmission, Mercedes has a better engine. But both these are certainly better than the A4 and leaps ahead of the XE.

I'd say you should have a look at the Toyota Camry maybe if you are okay with the brand image. It's reliable, well build and really cheap to maintain. Resales are comparatively better too.
Volvo s60 is also a good choice. It's mechanically strong, but a huge array of sensors and softwares means electronics are bound to go wrong.
In my Opinion:
1. C-CLass, Camry
2. S60
3. 3-Series
CarMaster_059 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 18:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Saw that as well. Currently being quoted 49 OTR for premium plus. BMW 330i sport is not available. Checked C class as well. 60 lakhs OTR for progressive 200.

My budget is 50+- 2 lakhs max
49 OTR is high - I am positive you can push harder and get another 2 lakhs down. 47 OTR seems very fair deal for this sweetie - or try to negotiate & get the Technology variant for 50L. This would be a killer deal!

Whats the best price offered on the 330i sport? I think they dont have a lot in stock for this variant.

PS: I know our friends in Mumbai get more discounts and have a better tax structure as well but it is what it is, here in BLR.

Last edited by Equus : 26th July 2021 at 18:28.
Old 26th July 2021, 20:08   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
PS: I know our friends in Mumbai get more discounts and have a better tax structure as well but it is what it is, here in BLR.
Actually I'm sure Audi Mumbai / Thane wouldn't mind selling a car to Bangalore, and same for Mercedes Mumbai / Delhi folks.

Only BMW is a little territorial since a few months.
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post

Whats the best price offered on the 330i sport? I think they dont have a lot in stock for this variant.
I am being told it will be made to order. Kits are lying in Chennai. no sign of any discount since inventories are running low. These kits arrived earlier this year. One of the sales guy told me that the new stocks will also have apple car play in iSport. This is the only feature I desperately wanted in my car. If they add this feature then I don't need to spend 7-8 lakhs additional for other features which are not that important for me.

Btw what is the good OTR price for iSport in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks