Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 17:11   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford India Exit - Should I buy a new Ford at a heavy discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
This is a whats app message that's doing the rounds now. At the outset, it appears to be a fake one.
The disounts seem very unrealistic and probably fake. Most of the Endeavours in India are sold. Within a few days of the announcement about 1000 Endeavours were already sold. Or is that these discounts are for the last few pieces left ?
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 18:05   #62
Team-BHP Support

It’s Fake. Most dealers don’t have any stocks, thanks to the strong overall demand and Ford strategy of coming out with fake facelifts and a possible increase on the prices of Endeavour due to second Turbo

On another note, some module that handles CarPlay etc gave on my colleagues Eco-Sports. Local dealership simply changed it under warranty. The part costs around 30K. I have told him to buy extended warranty if he wants to retain the car.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th October 2021 at 18:12.
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 22:14   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrasin_selvan View Post
This same thought crossed my mind and I did dial all the Ford showrooms across Chennai enquiring about Ecosport. The news is that none are having any stock and they are not accepting any on demand booking too.

But, they were ready to sell their demo cars for a discount of 2 lakhs.
I am considering picking up a similar Ecosport. It is around 12000 KMs run (2020 Petrol AT). I am not worried about service support. The discount is good as well (2.5L). My major concern is condition of test drive car. They mention that it is fully serviced, but cannot give me a test drive as it is now placed inside the showroom.

I have an option to wait a few more months for the Sonet 7DCT Petrol (HTX) which I have booked in Aug 21. I like the Ecosport, though the AT seemed nowhere close to Sonet's DCT and engine noise in the cabin seemed high (this is based on test drive of a different - used Ecosport).

Any advice?
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:05   #64

I have a 2013 ES D Titanium and I am really happy. Only annual service required. Maintenance free.
Old 22nd October 2021, 22:32   #65
BHPian

Well, I have taken the plunge & bought a two tear old Diesel Ecosport S!
Being a Chevrolet Beat owner it might seem really crazy for me to step into similar shoes again, but somehow I could not resist my longing for this awesome car!
H0RSEPOWER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:50   #66
BHPian

Infinity Motors, Chennai is apparently taking advance of Rs 5 Lakhs and they are saying them at the delivery will happen in March. Endeavour Sport is offered at 28 Lakhs. They have even sent a Proforma Invoice to my friend. He is tempted, but also scared at the same time. Is this genuine? Is it safe to proceed?
Old 11th January 2022, 13:08   #67

Dear Ford lovers,

I am very much tempted to purchase a used Ford Freestyle in Petrol which I plan to keep for atleast 2-3 years. I see some very good deals out there. I am concerned about the spare parts availability and service quality post Ford Exit from India.

Can any of the existing ford customers from Hyderabad share any inputs on this as to how is the service quality and spares availability in Hyderabad. Do we see any dip in the service quality.

Also how would the resale value be after 2-3 years of usage.

Regards,
Zaid
Old 7th March 2022, 15:35   #68
BHPian

Slightly Off-topic ( mods , please remove the post if so deemed), I am in the process of relocating back to US and selling my beloved Ecosport TDCI (White , 2014 Nov purchased).Very sparingly used and regularly serviced in Bangalore with the odometer at ~44K Kms , the car is in mint condition with some minor scratches from driving in Bangalore. Any interested members can PM me and I can share some pictures.

Last edited by mazda4life : 7th March 2022 at 15:35. Reason: Typo
Old 2nd November 2022, 01:43   #69
BHPian

So where are the Ford CBUs as promised by Ford? Been more than a year that they stopped sales now. CBU story was clearly an eyewash.
fazayal is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks