Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 17:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Best ride quality for broken city roads | Budget of 15-lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Along with other suggestions we have above, do check out MS Ciaz.

When it comes to space and comfort the sheer value offered by this vehicle is unmatched. It is more Indianized when it comes to its ride and does a better job of isolating the rough roads than ANY of its competitors.
Absolutely agreed

I have used it over 1.4 lakh km on various types of roads. I still miss the amazing ride quality the ciaz had. On that note, Slavia rides pretty well too. There is always the City too, which is also a very comfortable car.

PS: BHPians recommending Nexon, it is the car that you need to avoid if ride quality is your priority.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:54   #17
BHPian

Not a complete list. Based on cars I have driven.

1. MG Hector cushy low speed ride. But feels wallowy on highway speeds.

2. Mahindra Marazzo especially the 16 inch tyre variants ( M4+/M6+ ).
Good ride both city and highway.
Also rear does not get bouncy on lightly loaded conditions.

3. Maruti Ertiga/ZL6. Ride is good for front passengers.
But gets bouncy if lightly loaded in rear.

4. New Maruti Baleno. Very comfy.

5. Maruti Ciaz.

Last edited by JediKnight : 2nd June 2022 at 20:01.
JediKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 20:23   #18
BHPian

Between the S-Cross and the new Baleno, I will pick the Baleno any time of the day if the only priority is Ride Quality.
We test drove the new Baleno on all kinds of roads and found that the suspension is oriented towards comfort, and the seats are softer than the S-Cross too.
Also tested out the existing Brezza and the new Ertiga, but Baleno wins hands down for Ride Comfort.
umohan98 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 00:54   #19
BHPian

Hi I would recommend you to look at the following options in no particular order,
1. MG hector: amazing pillowy ride quality.
2. MS brezza/Toyota Urban cruiser
3. Kia Carens: haven't driven it, but reports say really good ride quality for the front passenger but a bit bouncy for mid row.
4. Skoda slavia/ VW virtius: good GC and sorted handling, and ride comfort they are know for that.
PS: Tata Nexon is no go, too bouncy imo
Laidbackakki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 05:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
Dear Mods,

Within a budget of 15lakhs, which car in the current market offers the best ride comfort while going through roughest of the roughest patches.

Thanks
TheWall
If you are fine with pre-owned cars, then you can go for Tata Hexa. Butter smooth ride quality on broken roads.
Test drive one to believe.
NerdSpeaks is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 09:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Mods,

Since most of our drive would be in city, the ride comfort or ride quality on the broken city roads is my no.1 priority. I can compromise on performance.
Within a budget of 15lakhs, which car in the current market offers the best ride comfort while going through roughest of the roughest patches.

Thanks
TheWall

Ride quality king under 15L used to be Duster which is now discontinued but you still have Nissan Kicks. That 1.3L CVT & great ride quality makes it very convenient within the city. If resale isn’t a factor, have a test drive. All the best

For more popular choices I would suggest looking at Kiger/Magnite and saving some money.

Last edited by SoumenD : 3rd June 2022 at 09:10.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:07   #22
BANNED

Hector, Duster, Kicks come to mind at that price point for ride quality. Even the Kiger has good ride quality for city conditions and you will save quite a bit.
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:19   #23
BHPian

I'm finding it a bit hilarious that nearly every car in the 12-18L bracket is mentioned here, ha! If I was the OP, I'd be thoroughly confused.

All I can add to this conversation is:
1. Definitely get an automatic, that's without any doubt for city driving.
2. Do a lot of test drives. What is considered good ride for some seems to be bouncy for others. As GTO pointed out, the Carens, Hector, City are excellent comfy cars and I'd add the Ciaz to this list. But, it's really a matter of preference and driver ability too. Go too fast over bumps and any car will unsettle you. Take your family along, let them tell you how the back seat feels.

I'm only saying this from personal experience over the last few months of trying to replace my parent's BRV with the exact same requirements you have. What I found comfy, they found bouncy haha. Until we went up two segments higher. Take your time, shortlist a few, and do a few drives within a few days of the other on very similar roads.
d_payne is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:34   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
I'm finding it a bit hilarious that nearly every car in the 12-18L bracket is mentioned here, ha! If I was the OP, I'd be thoroughly confused.
That's because folks here are mixing up low speed (city speed) ride quality with overall ride quality (balance between low speeds and high speeds). When car reviews say ride quality of Renault Duster (just an example) is excellent, it is primarily talking about overall balance between low + high speed ride quality. If you want cushy low speed ride quality only and don't care much about high speed manners, the shortlist of options is not that big.

Also, most cars these days have reasonably good city ride quality. So unless one has driven multiple cars for longish period of time (like GTO or vid6639), it is difficult for most folks to pick one car over another for something as subjective as city ride quality.

Last edited by SmartCat : 3rd June 2022 at 12:11.
SmartCat is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:18   #25
BHPian

Of course it will not be on your list, but coming to low speed ride quality over broken city roads, the good old, humble Alto is the king (or Queen). below 30KMPH, it glides over pot holes.

Within 15 Lakhs cut-off, most of the cars from maruti stable will be good (if not best). Plus these are pretty abuse friendly as well. I think XUV 300 should be in the list as well - with wide stance and wheels on the edges.

I drive 5th Gen Honda city, and the low speed ride quality is excellent. However, the poor tyre and suspension noise insulation means you are constantly aware of what tyres are going through and it is not a good aural feel.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Mods,

Please delete if this a duplicate thread, I could only find from way back in 2011 and a lot of cars have come and gone after that.

My driving is 98% in the city and I hardly go on highway trips. We are a family of 4(2adults+2kids). So we need a spacious comfortable car.
Since most of our drive would be in city, the ride comfort or ride quality on the broken city roads is my no.1 priority. I can compromise on performance.

Thanks
TheWall
Go for new Ertiga or XL6. You will be pleasantly surprised with its ride quality and flexibility. It is full of features in Top end, specially XL6. Plus you will get guaranteed peace of mind and good FE.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:42   #27

Great options shared above already. My 2 pics in this scenario:
1) Honda city 5th gen V
2) baleno / Glanza 2022
3) Duster (if open to buying pre worshipped)

Wish you many happy, safe and comfy miles!
rony.mandal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Also, most cars these days have reasonably good city ride quality. So unless one has driven multiple cars for longish period of time (like GTO or vid6639), it is difficult for most folks to pick one car over another for something as subjective as city ride quality.
Absolutely agree . Which is why I generally desist from recommending cars even to my kith and kin. Each one has his/her own unique tastes. I can opine on the cars that I drive but I cant say product A is better than product B or vice versa unless I have first hand extensive experience on both.

After going through all the replies here, I hope the OP is less confused than I am right now .

Quote:
If I were you, I would test drive each of the vehicle mentioned in the replies here and maybe some more and then decide for myself. We don't go around buying cars that often do we! So why not dedicate some time for it and make it a fun process .
Kickdown is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:16   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickdown View Post
If I were you, I would test drive each of the vehicle mentioned in the replies here and maybe some more and then decide for myself. We don't go around buying cars that often do we! So why not dedicate some time for it and make it a fun process
Kickdown has a point that I completely agree with. Please test drive each of the cars listed earlier in this section and choose the one that best suits your needs in terms of ride quality and comfort.
Optimus_1408 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:35   #30
BHPian

I think you should wait for the new Brezza which is due to launch by this month for the following points:
- Good ground clearance for the broken roads
- It is spacious for 4 people
- For your city drives, no non-sense 1.5 L NA motor which is fuel efficient & doesn't have the turbo lag associated with small turbo engines at lower RPMs
- 6 speed AT now coming should be suitable for city driving
- Good after sales service & good resale value
- Based on news, Maruti isn't changing the platform so it still will be atleast 4* rated in terms of safety
CafeRacer16 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks