Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2022, 09:52   #31
BHPian

Re: Upgrading from Alto 800, want to buy a Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Any reason for not considering the XUV300?

Even I had similar requirement to yours and started my search by not considering. As many BHPians recommended to try it out, I did and ended up buying it.

Recently on a trip to Mauritius, I drove the BMW X1 for ~550km over 6 days. Apart from a better steering setup, the X1 felt almost the same as XUV300 and we were blown away by that fact. I was expecting a remarkably different level of driving experience which wasn't the case. Long story short, XUV300 is a solid package and you feel like driving a tank.
Thank you for your wishes.

As mentioned in my requirement, I wanted a automatic. I didn't want to buy AMT based ones, due to my past experience with them. Only reason I shortlisted Nexon was I liked the car a lot, I wanted to look past the AMT thing and buy it, but couldn't.

I have read your reviews about XUV300, if it had offered CVT\TC based Auto, I would have bought it without any second thought.
Arun_S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 10:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
....Just a question, I do have back pain, i understand Sedan's due low seating position are not that suited when compared with CSUV's.

But heard that in City it is comparatively better. Any thoughts on this.
A bit late to respond. Sorry!

I have seen taller folks suffering from back pain when the seating position is low, primarily since the knees are a bit up as compared sitting in an upright position in CSUVs. One of my friend who is 6 ft tall suffered back pain in his Grand i10 and i20 Elite. He started using a pillow for lower back and it doesn't trouble him anymore.
Old 18th October 2022, 20:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
A bit late to respond. Sorry!

I have seen taller folks suffering from back pain when the seating position is low, primarily since the knees are a bit up as compared sitting in an upright position in CSUVs. One of my friend who is 6 ft tall suffered back pain in his Grand i10 and i20 Elite. He started using a pillow for lower back and it doesn't trouble him anymore.
Thanks for the information will try it.

I have gone ahead and taken delivery of City CVT last week.
Arun_S is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks