Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Upgrading from Alto 800, want to buy a Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Considering the prices of the cars mentioned in your post, I am assuming you are looking for a car in the same price range (as you have not specified a budget), it is obvious that your choices are very few. The Nissan Magnite seems to cover all your needs, but the service network, Nissan's future in India, (considering that this is their only model that sells) are a few concerns you may have to consider.

The only other cars that cover most of (if not all) of your requirements are:
1. Honda Amaze CVT (But is a low-slung sedan)
2. Tata Altroz DCT (It is a DCT and it's a hatchback)
Thank you for the advice. Yes, I am looking at same budget range as OP, but will prefer to keep it on lower side.
I am not considering DCT given overwhelming votes of NO in the poll -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...oncerns-4.html (Would you buy a dual-clutch AT car today, despite the serious reliability concerns?)

If I stretch my budget a bit, then Brezza VXI is my other choice with aftermarket rear camera and rear wiper installation. Other features of Brezza ZXI are not too appealing to me.

This brings one question in my mind to add one more parameter in my list of criteria -
Which car between Magnite and Brezza has better suspension in potholed city road?
Old 22nd July 2022, 15:58   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Thank you for the advice. Yes, I am looking at same budget range as OP, but will prefer to keep it on lower side.
I am not considering DCT given overwhelming votes of NO in the poll -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...oncerns-4.html (Would you buy a dual-clutch AT car today, despite the serious reliability concerns?)

If I stretch my budget a bit, then Brezza VXI is my other choice with aftermarket rear camera and rear wiper installation. Other features of Brezza ZXI are not too appealing to me.

This brings one question in my mind to add one more parameter in my list of criteria -
Which car between Magnite and Brezza has better suspension in potholed city road?
Between the Magnite and the Brezza, the Brezza has a much better suspension over pothole filled roads, the Magnite's 195/60 R16 don't help its cause either (Brezza has 205/60 R16 tyres).

if you are not too strict on the airbags part, The Toyota Urban Cruiser Mid Automatic can he had for just 12.59 lakhs as against the New Brezza's 13.58 lakhs on road in Bangalore, moreover dealers will throw in some offers too to clear the inventory as well. You can get a good car and save 1 lakh for whatever upgrade you need on the car as well (compared to the Brezza)
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 20:58   #18
BHPian

I am in a very similar situation & requirements (including wife's motion-sickness ). The only difference is that I have a Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
Hi All,
Honda City 5G
since you are also looking at the City, is there a reason you have not considered the Honda Amaze CVT Petrol? Even top variant with all the features will be on-road ~11lac, which will have more features than the similarly priced variants of the other cars you have listed.

Quote:
Hi All,[*] Based on Review's, Bounciness in Rear Seat, might deter me, as wife normally itself complains of motion sickness.
Just to share, few folks have mentioned in some of the threads here, that the rear-seat window of the Nexon is pretty narrow due to the upward sloping window-line. This becomes claustrophobic & triggers motion sickness. So better test drive it with your wife in the back-seat.
hanzt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 21:43   #19
BHPian

Nexon is a good choice overall particularly build however it’s finishing and overall reliability is not on par with competition, in fact it’s on the lower end. Obviously it’s a cosmetic thing and you shouldn’t compromise on safety over cosmetics.
However the AMT rules it out so New MS Brezza as it’s safe and has good automatic gearbox. The power figures are disappointing however.

Last edited by rishi.roger : 24th July 2022 at 21:51.
rishi.roger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 00:15   #20

I think Nexon diesel AMT will be best suited for you. Nexon has proved to be safe and reliable. The diesel AMT implementation is done very well in Nexon. I believe that 2022 brezza is highly overpriced.
Old 25th July 2022, 10:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Haven't driven them but, based on the Feedback Brezza , would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
if you are not too strict on the airbags part, The Toyota Urban Cruiser Mid Automatic can he had for just 12.59 lakhs as against the New Brezza's 13.58 lakhs on road in Bangalore, moreover dealers will throw in some offers too to clear the inventory as well. You can get a good car and save 1 lakh for whatever upgrade you need on the car as well (compared to the Brezza)
The Old UC came with the 4 Speed AT while the new one is 6 Speed AT. I would suggest 1L wouldn't matter too much in long run go for the Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
I am in a very similar situation & requirements (including wife's motion-sickness ). The only difference is that I have a Swift since you are also looking at the City, is there a reason you have not considered the Honda Amaze CVT Petrol? Even top variant with all the features will be on-road ~11lac, which will have more features than the similarly priced variants of the other cars you have listed.
Nobody gave a good feedback about Amaze dropped it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Nexon is a good choice overall particularly build however it’s finishing and overall reliability is not on par with competition, in fact it’s on the lower end. Obviously it’s a cosmetic thing and you shouldn’t compromise on safety over cosmetics.
However the AMT rules it out so New MS Brezza as it’s safe and has good automatic gearbox. The power figures are disappointing however.
My first choice was Nexon, as you mentioned AMT ruled it out. Still in Dilemma though should i reconsider it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitesh91 View Post
I think Nexon diesel AMT will be best suited for you. Nexon has proved to be safe and reliable. The diesel AMT implementation is done very well in Nexon. I believe that 2022 brezza is highly overpriced.
I have driven a AMT based Celerio extensively, inspite of Nexon improving it. I couldn't get over the AMT feeling. As mentioned above might reconsider
Arun_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 11:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would definitely check out the all the 3 you have mentioned.

Just a question, I do have back pain, i understand Sedan's due low seating position are not that suited when compared with CSUV's.

But heard that in City it is comparatively better. Any thoughts on this.
Frankly, it makes no difference from what I could figure out. It is more about whether the seats have good lower back support or not, irrespective of sedan or SUV. I have a Honda City and a Ford Ecosport, and find seats on both equally comfortable with good lower back support.

These cars were chosen with multiple test drives to make sure that my back pain did not worsen. After three years and about 36,000 kms of driving across both cars, I have come to the above realisation. The seats in both are very supportive and good for long haul drives.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 11:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Frankly, it makes no difference from what I could figure out. It is more about whether the seats have good lower back support or not, irrespective of sedan or SUV. I have a Honda City and a Ford Ecosport, and find seats on both equally comfortable with good lower back support.

These cars were chosen with multiple test drives to make sure that my back pain did not worsen. After three years and about 36,000 kms of driving across both cars, I have come to the above realisation. The seats in both are very supportive and good for long haul drives.
Thanks a lot, your feedback really helps in validating my decision of going ahead with City.
Old 25th July 2022, 11:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Nobody gave a good feedback about Amaze dropped it.
Since you are rightly worried about AMTs, I would suggest you have a look at the new Amaze. I agree the older Amaze had poor feedback about its interiors, but the new revamped versions from 2018 onwards have corrected that.
I am in the same boat as you and had removed Amaze from my short list, but recently I saw the car parked next to mine at my office parking lot, and I was honestly like - Wow!
Old 25th July 2022, 11:38   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks a lot, your feedback really helps in validating my decision of going ahead with City.
Get the Honda City 5th Gen, there's nothing that beats the City in this price range if form factor isn't a problem, be it engine, refinement, looks, comfort. space and practicality, even performance is great and it's a delight to drive. The 1.5 Litre NA i-VTEC with 119 bhp on tap is as good as it gets as far as NA engines go in this price range. Moreover 4 airbags as standard, 5-star ASEAN NCAP rating, 0-100 km in a CVT gearbox on a sedan in 11.3 seconds, what more would you want.

Moreover, City's proven reliability means the Car is built to last.

P.S. I had recommended other cars based on the notion that you may not be too much in favor of Sedans, as SUVs are the trend nowadays.

Last edited by itsmeparvathy9 : 25th July 2022 at 11:41. Reason: Fixed typos
Old 25th July 2022, 19:21   #26
BHPian

Just a suggestion, have you considered Maruti Suzuki S cross ? If possible do test drive it. Since it's Maruti you will get long term fuss free ownership.
What about the new Grand vitara?
Old 25th July 2022, 19:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
I am currently in the market for a new car.

Highly confused, reaching out to our esteemed forum members to get their opinions.

If you feel I have missed any cars and it is worth considering please let me know

I currently drive a Alto 800.

My Requirements
  • Preference towards SUV\Compact SUV's due to back pain issues
  • Good Safety Rating - Can't Compromise
  • It should be Automatic and have Hill Hold Function
  • My Budget was earlier 10 L considering that nothing much is there in that price bracket willing to extend until 15L
  • Not worried too much about it is Petrol or Diesel. In reality my daily usage wouldn't warrant a Diesel.
  • Have a car, so waiting period is not a major concern.
  • No Hatchbacks - Can't Compromise
  • Most of the time it would be used by 2 Adults + 1 Kid, rarely would be joined by others, 5 seater is more than sufficient.
  • Not looking at Pre-owned
  • Peaceful long term ownership as I keep the vehicles for long duration
Hi Arun, with these requirements, I feel Nexon EV or Diesel automatic should be your first choice. My friend was also in same situation as you, his dad wanted to replace their Alto 800 with a C-SUV, so I helped them narrow it down to Nexon petrol AMT. Uncle's back pain is significantly reduced now, way better than when he was driving alto. AMT is not a deal breaker IMO, I suggest you get a long test drive or borrow an automatic Nexon from someone for a day and see how it goes.
Old 4th August 2022, 18:54   #28
BHPian

Thank you all for your inputs and suggestions, went ahead and booked Honda City 5G, V CVT.

Expected delivery is Mid Sep.

Need you suggestions again, V Variant comes with 4 airbags, due to the Oct-22 6 airbags mandate, should I wait for Oct-22 or go ahead with Sep-22.

Cost Increase would be around 50k.

Last edited by Arun_S : 4th August 2022 at 19:06. Reason: Added Content
Old 5th August 2022, 04:49   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you all for your inputs and suggestions, went ahead and booked Honda City 5G, V CVT.

Expected delivery is Mid Sep.

Need you suggestions again, V Variant comes with 4 airbags, due to the Oct-22 6 airbags mandate, should I wait for Oct-22 or go ahead with Sep-22.

Cost Increase would be around 50k.
Congrats on your purchase, the Honda City is the best sedan you could get at this price.
I think the mandate says: 6 airbags for all cars manufactured from 1st October 2022 onwards, so you will have to wait till the end of October probably for the car with 6 airbags, prices are also likely to climb as well. However, if you don't mind waiting and value the 2 additional airbags that come at a cost, you should wait and confirm from the dealer that you indeed get the car with 6 airbags.
Old 5th August 2022, 09:35   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Cars Not Considered
XUV 300
Any reason for not considering the XUV300?

Even I had similar requirement to yours and started my search by not considering. As many BHPians recommended to try it out, I did and ended up buying it.

Recently on a trip to Mauritius, I drove the BMW X1 for ~550km over 6 days. Apart from a better steering setup, the X1 felt almost the same as XUV300 and we were blown away by that fact. I was expecting a remarkably different level of driving experience which wasn't the case. Long story short, XUV300 is a solid package and you feel like driving a tank.

You haven't mentioned what you're going to use the car for? Is it highway primarily or city usage? If it is short city commutes, then do not consider the BS6 Diesels as you'll always have to ensure good highway runs over the weekend to keep the DPF issues at bay.

EDIT: I now see that you have booked the Honda City which is a great choice! Congratulations and wishing you many years of safe driving. Retaining my post as is so that others reading the thread can have a POV.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 5th August 2022 at 09:37.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks