Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car?

Old 16th January 2019, 15:40   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Back pain - most comfortable car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lm View Post
Guys, bumping up this thread once again.

I have a herniated disc in my lower back and am therefore looking to upgrade from the sweet little Brio that I currently drive. Brio has a pretty stiff suspension so any C-segment sedan would be a great upgrade for me in terms of ride comfort. However, I'm specifically evaluating Yaris/Verna/City in that order, with Duster also being in contention just due to its brilliant suspension (I otherwise prefer sedan over SUV).

Is Duster still the best option for people with back pain? Or, would the above-mentioned sedans be good enough? Your thoughts please?
Hey, a couple of questions

1. Are you having any discomfort during ingress or egress from your vehicle? If yes, then any sedan would not be good, as it is a bit lower to the ground.
2. If you do not mind my asking, your physical structure would also determine the vehicle which would best suit you.

I state the above, because I moved on from a Figo to a TUV300, primarily due to lower back pain (specifically, L4, L5, L5S1). As the pain was in course of ingress and egress only, and due to being heavy built, I did not consider any on the sedans.

If you are considering the Duster, you can also consider the upcoming Mahindra XUV300 & Nissan Kicks. Also, do take a call if you want only an automatic and/or a manual. Based on that, the options might increase/reduce significantly.
LegalEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2019, 23:48   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
1. Are you having any discomfort during ingress or egress from your vehicle?
I'm currently not under any pain. I was diagnosed with an L4L5 disc prolapse back in 2017 and I've been able to get rid of the pain by way of following a strict exercise regimen.
Quote:
2. If you do not mind my asking, your physical structure would also determine the vehicle which would best suit you.
My height is on the shorter side- 5'4"- and I weigh in at ~62kgs.
Quote:
If you are considering the Duster, you can also consider the upcoming Mahindra XUV300 & Nissan Kicks.
As I indicated, my problem is that I'm more inclined towards sedans than SUVs (maybe due to my prejudice that SUVs may not suit my physique ). Having said that, I'll surely consider these upcoming launches too.
Quote:
Also, do take a call if you want only an automatic and/or a manual.
This is already decided- automatic it's gonna be for sure.
vivek_lm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 16:23   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Guys, bumping up this thread once again.

I have a herniated disc in my lower back and am therefore looking to upgrade from the sweet little Brio that I currently drive. Brio has a pretty stiff suspension so any C-segment sedan would be a great upgrade for me in terms of ride comfort. However, I'm specifically evaluating Yaris/Verna/City in that order, with Duster also being in contention just due to its brilliant suspension (I otherwise prefer sedan over SUV).

Is Duster still the best option for people with back pain? Or, would the above-mentioned sedans be good enough? Your thoughts please?
The Duster is clearly crude and outdated by today’s standards. However, its ride quality is the best this side of 10 lakhs. It will be a better option to buy it used as putting 10 lakh for a new Duster is unjustifiable when you are considering the sedans. The AWD version even has an independent rear suspension (if I am not wrong).
balderash_12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 13:37   #94
BHPian

Quote:

Speaking of sedans, I would even suggest to try out a Vento, what with the firmer ride and suspension providing a good support. And since you prefer to drive the car yourself majority of the times, this car can offer you the driving delight as well in this segment.
Last but not the least, there's the lovely DSG present on it, to go along with your other preference of wanting an automatic.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 01:38   #95
CDM
BHPian

Get a Corolla. If budget doesn't permit a new one, get a used one. I have both - multiple herniated discs and a Corolla Altis AT. Easy ingress and egress and very comfortable ride. I also have an Accord which is more comfortable when you are actually in the car but ingress and egress can be troublesome.

CDM
CDM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote