Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 18:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

@ bhp1: yes buddy, even i have an innova and even i think that the ride quality of the safari is much better than the innova. but i did not suggest the safari as you had not mentioned that you own an innova! moreover, safari has always had small niggling issues right from the start.
now, with the present situation- that you need a comfortable tourer with good ride quality and it cant be an innova, the safari is your best bet.
Old 28th November 2008, 18:10   #17
BHPian

If you want a sedan wait for the Linea or check out the fiesta ,as you dont want to consider the Embara or the Optra (both offer the best ride quality in their segments)

As you have mentioned you will use it mostly in city then will a Hatchback suffice,try out the Fabia,Vista and the palio MJD.
Old 28th November 2008, 20:29   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ bhp1: yes buddy, even i have an innova and even i think that the ride quality of the safari is much better than the innova. but i did not suggest the safari as you had not mentioned that you own an innova! moreover, safari has always had small niggling issues right from the start.
now, with the present situation- that you need a comfortable tourer with good ride quality and it cant be an innova, the safari is your best bet.
Thanks Raj, yes Safari is high on my agenda now, but true niggling problems issue does bog me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
If you want a sedan wait for the Linea or check out the fiesta ,as you dont want to consider the Embara or the Optra (both offer the best ride quality in their segments)

As you have mentioned you will use it mostly in city then will a Hatchback suffice,try out the Fabia,Vista and the palio MJD.
Thanks, I did try out the Fabia, but it seemed overpriced & noisy.
I had a Palio earlier & suffered a great lot at the hands of Fiat's below par ***.
But Vista too seems to be a good option, will surely try it out. Has Tata completely ironed out the problems in Indica?
Old 28th November 2008, 23:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Boss,

I don't buy what people on teambhp tell me, but in the one month that i've had my VDI, and clocked up 3500km across NCR - I've seen a total of 4 Vistas. Just that. And I do the expressway daily. There is some issue with the Vistas being rolled off. I've seen WAY more ANHCs.

/dons flame jacket

That said, tried the tempo traveller? Its used EXTENSIVELY by tour parties including junta for ladakh. Operators at the airport swear by it, unless those who use the Volkswagen Transporter - else they love it. Fits into your maha-budget too!
Old 28th November 2008, 23:44   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Boss,

I don't buy what people on teambhp tell me, but in the one month that i've had my VDI, and clocked up 3500km across NCR - I've seen a total of 4 Vistas. Just that. And I do the expressway daily. There is some issue with the Vistas being rolled off. I've seen WAY more ANHCs.

/dons flame jacket

That said, tried the tempo traveller? Its used EXTENSIVELY by tour parties including junta for ladakh. Operators at the airport swear by it, unless those who use the Volkswagen Transporter - else they love it. Fits into your maha-budget too!
Thanks, you are right, even I have witnessed very few Vista's on the road. But what's the reason for this?

You are spot on with the Tempo Traveller! As a matter of fact I saw it Yesterday itself in Force showroom. Actually I went to have a look at the Gurkha, but turned out Force is not interested in selling it & the local agency had it to its credit, not even sold a single Gurkha todate!
Instead they showed me Judo & stuff, but I saw Tempo Travellers standing in the agency & so my four wheeler enthusiastic bone led me to enquire about it. Pricing is decent & space is lavish, but would be used by only me, so what will I do with the whole Room!!
Also, is its ride quality comfy? As I remember once we hired it as a taxi to Delhi Airport & the ride was'nt supremely comfortable. But, not sure though as it was long before.
Old 29th November 2008, 11:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

are you kidding about the tempo traveller? its a public transport vehicle dude!
Old 29th November 2008, 13:03   #22
BHPian

If you are thinking out of tempo traveller then you can even consider the TATA winger high end model.Get in the top model,chuck out the extra seats get in 4 comfy recliner seats along with a plasma/LCD screen, a mini bar,dark tints,black colour,chrome alloys,VOILA the ultimate.
Old 29th November 2008, 14:30   #23
BANNED

Quote:
are you kidding about the tempo traveller? its a public transport vehicle dude!
True, but Im keeping my options open! Just think of it for a minute, what better than travelling in your drawing/bedroom. Let the driver bang his head with the nasty/insane traffic, while you relax in supreme comfort, watching your favourite movie or munching snacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
If you are thinking out of tempo traveller then you can even consider the TATA winger high end model.Get in the top model,chuck out the extra seats get in 4 comfy recliner seats along with a plasma/LCD screen, a mini bar,dark tints,black colour,chrome alloys,VOILA the ultimate.
Wow, must say you are a storehouse of ideas! Though I don't much about Winger as it is relatively new, but how is it compared to TTraveller, I mean which would be more comfy?
Also, keep in mind one imp. aspect & that is maybe I would have to drive at certain times, so PS & AC would be blissful.
Old 29th November 2008, 15:06   #24
Team-BHP Support

If you are going to self drive, get a safari. A Winger or a Tempo traveller is not a comfortable self drive vehicle by any means
Old 29th November 2008, 15:10   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you are going to self drive, get a safari. A Winger or a Tempo traveller is not a comfortable self drive vehicle by any means
That is precisely what I was also thinking!
Yup, Safari would make more sense driving around.
I also heard that ride quality for front seat passengers in a Scorpio is good & I tried a Bolero too, though ergonomics & stuff are poor but ride quality did impress me, what say?
Old 29th November 2008, 16:30   #26
BANNED

For your kind of requirement, Safari suits the bill.

Best in front seat comfort, nothing comes close.

The mid seat is a neat comfortable sofa.

Rear, lotsa luggage area to haul whatever required.

Vehicle is built like a tank, Sturdy to take on any terrain.

Totally trustworthy for a fatigue free drive.

Doesnt rock like a boat which is important.

Great engine, and easy on the pocket to maintain also, you'll be surprised to hear that my average billing on the each free service (Totally 4 services done ,every time with oil change) is only Rs.675/-. Nothing else done.

The Safari gets better and better to drive every km it crosses.

People talk about niggles, there are few initial niggles which are not to worry about.

To top it up, its a great looker on the road and VFM.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 29th November 2008 at 16:36.
Old 29th November 2008, 17:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
That is precisely what I was also thinking!
Yup, Safari would make more sense driving around.
I also heard that ride quality for front seat passengers in a Scorpio is good & I tried a Bolero too, though ergonomics & stuff are poor but ride quality did impress me, what say?
the ride quality of the scorpio is good in the front seats but sadly its just average in rear seats. for driving around, scorpio is more fun and easy than the safari. (bhpians- its entirely my thinking!)
but the ride quality and rear seats of safari are better.
Old 29th November 2008, 19:15   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
For your kind of requirement, Safari suits the bill.

Best in front seat comfort, nothing comes close.

The mid seat is a neat comfortable sofa.

Rear, lotsa luggage area to haul whatever required.

Vehicle is built like a tank, Sturdy to take on any terrain.

Totally trustworthy for a fatigue free drive.

Doesnt rock like a boat which is important.

Great engine, and easy on the pocket to maintain also, you'll be surprised to hear that my average billing on the each free service (Totally 4 services done ,every time with oil change) is only Rs.675/-. Nothing else done.

The Safari gets better and better to drive every km it crosses.

People talk about niggles, there are few initial niggles which are not to worry about.

To top it up, its a great looker on the road and VFM.
Thanks, this was very informative. Yes, now it is clear that if it is going to be Safari or Scorpio, I would be doing the driving most of the time, as I do not really like to be driven around by drivers. So, front seat comfort is paramount.
But I do have my doubts about trustworthyness & fatigue free driving capability of the Safari.
Also, I have heard that Safari is expensive to maintain & needs constant visits to the garage. Though I respect your views, but these are words in the market that I have heard, maybe Im wrong!
True that it has lot of street presence, but does it really get better with each Km, as I have heard otherwise!

Quote:
the ride quality of the scorpio is good in the front seats but sadly its just average in rear seats. for driving around, scorpio is more fun and easy than the safari. (bhpians- its entirely my thinking!)
but the ride quality and rear seats of safari are better.
Thanks again buddy, your views are really benificial. Yes, I would be doing the driving myself so using the front seats only. According to you with this perspective, Scorpio is easier & better to drive.
But, I tried the Scorpio & found the front drivers seat legroom cramped & my knee kept fouling with the dash(consol).
Otherwise which of the 2 deals poor roads better, with emphasis to front row seating only?
Old 29th November 2008, 22:58   #29
BANNED

[quote=bhp1;1073471]Thanks, this was very informative. Yes, now it is clear that if it is going to be Safari or Scorpio, I would be doing the driving most of the time, as I do not really like to be driven around by drivers. So, front seat comfort is paramount.
But I do have my doubts about trustworthyness & fatigue free driving capability of the Safari.
Also, I have heard that Safari is expensive to maintain & needs constant visits to the garage. Though I respect your views, but these are words in the market that I have heard, maybe Im wrong!
True that it has lot of street presence, but does it really get better with each Km, as I have heard otherwise!

As you will be driving around the car, there are no doubts about the driver seat being the best and its a 100% fatigue free driving, without any doubt.

My brother or me loves to do a 350 kms and above stretches individually without shifting seats

The Dicor does get better every km it clocks, though i own a 3 L Aug 2006, we've only clocked 17500 kms, never visited the workshop apart from service, only one-off visit to replace a worn out hose as an exception.

Theres one 2006 Feb Safari Dicor in Bangalore which none would beleive has done 1 lac kms and still the Safari is running better.

TD the vehicles after shortlisting, and you'll judge better.

Both Scorp and the Safari are equally good vehicles, Safari scores a bit higher when it comes to Comfort and stress free drives, especially the loooonnngg drives.
Old 29th November 2008, 23:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Raj ji, since you're not aware, FYI - tempo traveller is by far the taxi of choice for luxury (?) travel for Manali Leh. To me, that's as good as it gets. Know two friends' accounts who preferred it way above the Innova for that route.

I am assuming bhp1ji with 15L budget will find a driver too - his back needs that!

And its not known to have ANY niggles unlike the Safari (runs for cover, but its a fact).

PS: Also consider fabia - lovely vehicle, invest savings over an SUV for future skoda feel-special service!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks