Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 21:09   #61
BANNED

Hi guys, good that I waited for a while, prices have come down + fabulous discounts, deals are getting sweeter!
Any idea how much has Safari's price been reduced & discount offer?
Also what's the status of Scorpio in this regard?
Another point, I learned from some other threads that Scorpio would be getting a face lift in 09 & Innova too, is Safari also due for some change soon then?
Xylo launch has also been delayed to 09.
So, don't you guys think that a purchase should be made after seeing the new avatars of these vehicles!
Also, Fabia is high on my radar now, with Skoda offering 3 year maintenance package!
Old 9th December 2008, 22:18   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Both Scorpio/Safari look rough & tough from the outside, but you are right their offroading capability is limited compared to hardcore SUV's- Pajero's/Montero's of the World.
But I think both can digest more abuse than the CRV, which is more suited to mettled roads. Also, a fact is that a customer like me would think twice before taking an expensive car like CRV for offroading, while Scorpio/Safari won't give me sleepless nights on an offroading trip!
Another point worth remembering is that CRV would burn a hole in my pocket everytime at the gas station!
If finally I settle for a SUV/Softroader in CRV's range, it would be the Endeavour Thunder for sure. Its appeal is massive & I do want to lay my hands on it!
I dont agree with this.

A Safari is much more capable than any of the SUV's you've mentioned here.
Old 9th December 2008, 22:26   #63
BANNED

@Pavan, Safari is more capable than other SUV's - Pajero/Montero/Endeavour Thunder!! What World are we living in! Maybe you have capability to make Safari out do these monsters! I could not get it past a simple field!
Old 9th December 2008, 23:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

for me, the pajero is the ultimate off roader, followed by the montero, endeavour, scorpio and safari.
Old 11th December 2008, 18:07   #65
BHPian

Safari is more comfortable than the Scorpio, and has pretty soft suspension
Old 11th December 2008, 19:49   #66
BANNED

The thing that goes in favour of Scorpio is its nimble nature in City, its easy to manouver.
Btw, which of the 2- Scorpio, Safari gives more mileage?

But Safari is comfortable than Scorpio, is this the final word?
Old 11th December 2008, 20:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

yes, the safari is more comfortable than the scorpio- be it the supreme ride quality or the comfortable seats, the safari wins hands down.
there are many here who say that they get around 12 kmpl in city in the safari, however given the extreme traffic conditions that i drive in, i get around 9 to 10 kmpl in city with AC in scorpio mHAWK. my safari 2.2 gives the same average, both never exceeded 10 kmpl in city. all figures with 100% AC.
these figures are the least one can get as i drive in the worst mumbai traffic, mostly at peak traffic hours and to add to the gremlin, i have to face a steep incline fully jammed with vehicles. hence, such figures.
Old 11th December 2008, 21:08   #68
BHPian

Its either the Fabia or the Safari.And regarding offroading Safari or Scorpio cant even come close to the Pajero.Its the ultimate offroader.
Old 11th December 2008, 21:15   #69
BHPian

what abt the Captiva? It sure looks as if its meant to scrunch miles...
Old 11th December 2008, 23:56   #70
Team-BHP Support

I get around 10.5 in city with the 2.2
With offroading also it gave 10.5
As for comfort, the safari is definitely more comfortable(as you would have felt in the TD)
Old 12th December 2008, 00:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj3300 View Post
And regarding offroading Safari or Scorpio cant even come close to the Pajero.Its the ultimate offroader.
Upto a couple of generations ago, that statement would've held true.

Try taking the new Pajeros with their fancy skirts off-road and thou shalt know better. They're pretenders - lets wait for the Pajero Evo to come out.
Old 12th December 2008, 00:49   #72
Team-BHP Support

Since the mHawk does not even have a 4x4, how can that be called an offroader?
Not all SUVs are offroaders...
Old 12th December 2008, 00:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Not all SUVs are offroaders...
MUVs, tsk. MUVs. Not SUVs.
Old 12th December 2008, 15:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

do you need a 4x4 bhp1? you need a vehicle for city use and occasional highway drives, right?
Old 12th December 2008, 19:31   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, the safari is more comfortable than the scorpio- be it the supreme ride quality or the comfortable seats, the safari wins hands down.
there are many here who say that they get around 12 kmpl in city in the safari, however given the extreme traffic conditions that i drive in, i get around 9 to 10 kmpl in city with AC in scorpio mHAWK. my safari 2.2 gives the same average, both never exceeded 10 kmpl in city. all figures with 100% AC.
these figures are the least one can get as i drive in the worst mumbai traffic, mostly at peak traffic hours and to add to the gremlin, i have to face a steep incline fully jammed with vehicles. hence, such figures.
Thanks I test drove a friend's Scorpio(o8/slx model), at slow speeds I got jarred inside & high speeds weren't confidence inspiring. But overall drive was involving, fun & exciting. On broken tarmac, slow speed ride was bumpy & at high speeds it galloped like a horse.
Now, these are my views, could be wrong too, if someone could shed more light!
In terms of FE there's not much to choose between the two. Some of my friends who own both the vehicles say, Safari tends to be more FE at times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj3300 View Post
Its either the Fabia or the Safari.
Pretty much, but in comparison, Safari looks huge VFM considering the shear metal one gets, tipping the scales at ~2 tons!
There's the image issue also with the Fabia at that price IMHO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
what abt the Captiva? It sure looks as if its meant to scrunch miles...
I did consider it, but I don't know much about its ride, driveability, etc.
Also, in the recent times & all the news, one doesn't want to invest highly in GM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I get around 10.5 in city with the 2.2
With offroading also it gave 10.5
As for comfort, the safari is definitely more comfortable(as you would have felt in the TD)
Thanks, FE seems okay, considering the weight!
Yes I also found Safaris ride cosseting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
do you need a 4x4 bhp1? you need a vehicle for city use and occasional highway drives, right?
Not actually, but I won't mind taking my 2x2 for offroading trips, for whatever they can manage!
Btw, which 2x2 would perform better in offroading?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks