Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 16:02   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
i had given him a piece of my mind over the false commitment they had given and have cancelled the booking for the same.
Bit off but I wanted to know if entire booking amount was returned or was there any cancellation charges applicable too.
Old 4th March 2009, 21:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Bit off but I wanted to know if entire booking amount was returned or was there any cancellation charges applicable too.
i made them pay the whole amount i paid as advance . did allow them to take a single pie of my money as it was a wrong commitment on behalf of the dealership. hyundai is fooling people around that they can deliver the car when it is not under production!!!!

just worked out the emi for 6 lakhs loan for3 years sx4 . seems to be a touch too much than what i can pay. so may be i have to think about a car lesser than 7 lakhs. after all u must like what u get and not the vice versa

so budget revised
target : 7 lakhs and not a pie more
yet to find out a car that can give me a great time
Old 5th March 2009, 11:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Such delays sometimes do happen. I am only surprised you were not following up regularly about the delivery dates. AFAIK, there ought not to be much problem in today's recession. And i20 is somewhat high priced for hatchback. If you can wait and i20 fits your needs, find another dealer. The Asta does have a lot of bells and whistles which you simply do not get in other cars. Otherwise next closest seems SX4 as many others have chosen. But make sure that you are ok with i20 - TD fully loaded, afternoon heat, etc.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 5th March 2009 at 11:42.
Old 5th March 2009, 11:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest following cars:
1. Palio 1.6 Sports
2. Palio 1.3 Multijet SDX
3. Getz 1.5 Crdi (if it is available)

Test drive these cars & then decide.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
so budget revised
target : 7 lakhs and not a pie more
yet to find out a car that can give me a great time
Drashkum, i think, with all the suggestions, you are only going to get confused!! Go by your heart. Apart from i20 were you ever thinking of owning "a" particular car? If so, go TD it!!

By the way, did you try other dealers? Or even tried asking other people who have booked i20 in Chennai?
Old 5th March 2009, 12:17   #36
BHPian

If it is less the 7 lakhs then the suggestion would be(not in any particular order)
1) Fiesta
2) Dzire(petrol or diesel)
3) Swift Zxi or Vdi with ABS

any of those cars would be good and have nice reviews.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:31   #37
BHPian

Surely you should ocnsider the Fabia. great features it offers. yes the engine is not something i am going to rave about, but surely worth considering.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Options galore when you ask for opinions. Welcome to Team-BHP

But I am wondering (sorry if you have mentioed earlier) if this i20 spares issue is only with DSC or in general ? Did you check up with HMP and Kun ?
Old 6th March 2009, 17:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
But I am wondering (sorry if you have mentioed earlier) if this i20 spares issue is only with DSC or in general ? Did you check up with HMP and Kun ?
yes i did check it up with other dealers. they are also promising to deliver the car within 1 month just like dsc. but i am afraid to book as the gm of dsc hyundai clearly told me that car would not be out within april last. may be others also are promising and not delivering too. yesterday a salesman from hmp and asked me if i want a i20 magna i asked him how suddenly magna is available for that he sai8d many customers are booking and then cancelling so thier alloted cars are up for sale. so it was not just me who cancelled the car!!!!

a great car but horrible hyndai commitment and marketing!!!!!
Old 6th March 2009, 17:22   #40
BHPian

just getting confused. all over the internet and team-bhp people are not in favour with sx4?

people talk about the bad rear clearence / blindspot/ rattling / fe?

is it that bad a car? or is it just my bad taste for the car selection?
Old 6th March 2009, 19:04   #41
BANNED

Buddy at 8 L, you can also look at Chevy Optra SRV, Skoda Fabia, Ford Fiesta (Preferred Choice), Honda etc
Old 6th March 2009, 20:08   #42

i am working at dsc service center sanglram Chennai i know 120 has big problem

cause of brake problem is too much it is bug so they have to replacement new part at some brand

btw i20 has same engine 1.2 kappa replacement from i10

so get better sx4 or Hyundai verna or Honda city if u like mid sedan car
Old 7th March 2009, 14:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

drashkum, how about swift dzire zxi, comes with all loaded features with safety measures, maruti ***, has boot space too and would fit your bill.
Old 11th March 2009, 16:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
drashkum, how about swift dzire zxi

it takes 3 months time yto get delivered in chennai.

Quote:
cause of brake problem is too much it is bug so they have to replacement new part at some brand
what ? is this true?

Quote:
people talk about the bad rear clearence / blindspot/ rattling / fe?
i can understand myself getting used to the rear clearence and blindspot
but will that improve if i use a parking sensor?

i got a call from capital honda in chennai as i had TD the ANHC also. I told the salesman ( mr senthil) that i will not be able to afford a city as is costs 9.22 l ( today the paper says honda has increased ex showroom price of city by another 32000 rs) so in no way i can afford it. i told him that i am goimg for sx4 he said it was a failure model he said sx4 will not give me more than 8-9kmpl inside city

is the FE so bad?. just want to conform . can sx4 owners tell me how much FE do u get please?

is it so?
Old 12th March 2009, 13:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Go for the SX4

Quote:
it takes 3 months time yto get delivered in chennai.

what ? is this true?

i can understand myself getting used to the rear clearence and blindspot
but will that improve if i use a parking sensor?

he said it was a failure model he said sx4 will not give me more than 8-9kmpl inside city

is the FE so bad?. just want to conform . can sx4 owners tell me how much FE do u get please?

is it so?
Hey Drashkum,

Quite a few days since I visited this thread. In the meantime, you seem to have been flooded with suggestions!

Anyway, here's my 2 cents.

Your later posts seem to be showing a subconscious inclination for the SX4. I say, just go for it! The SX4 is a quality car, backed by Maruti's service network.

I was the first to raise the issues of rear clearance and blindspots on this thread. Yes, it will help if you use a parking sensor. Besides, these are not faults that one cannot live with.

As a cardinal rule, NEVER listen to opinions of car salesmen on their rival cars! These are usually cheap tactics resorted to by all dealers to instill a negative vibe in their (usually uninformed) customers' minds. I remember being told by a Hyundai salesman (when queried why the Verna did not come with airbags - the car I subsequently bought) that Airbags were actually fatal! I was also told by a Ford salesman that the Verna only starts accelerating faster once it crosses 80kmph, and otherwise the car is equal in performance to the Ford Fiesta diesel!!! Ha ha ha!

In reality, the SX4 should give you about 10kmpl (during run-in) and 12kmpl later on in the city - based on opinions of current owners I know.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks