Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 15:24   #46
BHPian

Now at 7 L, you can consider Fiesta EXI/ZXI Petrol or if you are ready to wait for some time, you can wait for Fiat GP.
Old 12th March 2009, 15:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Its good you cancelled i20, its not so great car afterall I liked i10 than i20. I suggest you choose i10/palio Diesel in hatchback category.

Else

I suggest why cant you check out Petrol Linea or SX4 ZXI both are really VFM sedans and quality of materials ( according to me based on i saw in showrooms) not so good and front visibility I didn't like in Linea. For 8 lacs budget both are very good cars.

FE of SX4 and Linea Petrol : you can expect around 8-9 in pure city traffic with Ac on, around 10-11 max. with 30% AC. If its City and ring road sort mixed driving expect around 11+kmpl with Ac on. On highway you can fetch upto 15kmpl with 30% AC based on the way you drive.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS If you can wait Grand Punto is very good hatchback too.

Last edited by ravibhat : 12th March 2009 at 15:46.
Old 12th March 2009, 16:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

I would have suggested you to stick on with i20 Asta as nothing compares to that in that price level for equipment and comfort levels. Delivery delays are more of a "one off" thing and could have been managed through talks. Usually the after sales service of Hyundai dealers are pretty good compared to most others.

My friend who booked the i20 here also had faced similar issues with his Asta which he booked sometime in Jan and delivery was promised by mid feb. However Advaith Hyundai guys called up and told him that there will be a delay of atleast 3 more weeks due to some shortage in airbag equipments which comes from Korea.

We both went to the showroom and talked ot the manager and also talked to the folks in their HO over phone. Finally he managed to get a car in Feb itself, even though it was different colour than what he initially booked. Fortunately for him, this was the colour which his wife wanted in the first place. He had vetoed earlier as it looked bit bright for him!
Old 12th March 2009, 16:36   #49
BHPian

To summarize based on your budget, your choice could be

1. linea (great engine and good looks, spacious)
2. SX4 (great VFM, )
3. Fiesta 1.6 (Great car, but costlier in the long run. Spares are expensive i suppose compared to the above)
Old 19th March 2009, 13:58   #50
BHPian

1. I had driven an SX4 quite a lot, my friend have it, my cousin have it. If you are not used to driving SX4 it would be a problem especially for the rear view. But my friend or cousin do not have any problem becaue they drive it almost daily. So its all about gettting used to but again most cars are not that way.

2. Maruti us never know for its great body, you name any car from the Maruti stable. So if you are really keen to have a solid body then you must target the german cars or Skoda.

3. Mileage of SX4 would never go above 9.5-10 kmpl, whatever you try.

Overall the only plus point of SX4 is its less costly and it road presence is very good. I do not regard it as VFM.

I really feel bad that you are going off with the i20 deal. I test drove it and I found it to the most complete car ever offered by anyone in its class. Many of the Hyundai cars are under rated in India leaving out i10. So I would suggest to reconsider your decision.

But if you are really thinking of buying a sedan under 7 lakhs you might try swift dzire the real VFM or the new New Ford Ikon.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Tri-lemma!

@Shuvadips - Forget this thread. Mr. Drashkum is now confused between the SX4 and the Linea.

Check out his new thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...on-pk-vfm.html
Old 20th March 2009, 16:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

MODS, kindly close this thread as the member has created new thread for his enquiry and is on at the said link as given by pdwheels.
Old 20th March 2009, 16:59   #53
BHPian

In the sedan list Linea is the preferred choice.

In diesels Verna is best.

also think of less used Civics / Altis
Old 20th March 2009, 17:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

I'd vouch for the Fiesta 1.6---drive both the sxi and the S variants and decide which one suits you more. The S variant looks better on the exterior, and has bigger alloy wheels and wider tyres. But on the interiors, the sxi has more features.
The A.S.S. of Ford has improved by leaps and bounds, especially in Hyderabad. Check out the reputation of your local dealer.
You can read my long term ownership review on the 1.6 sxi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks