Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 21:08   #61
Senior - BHPian

Innova has to be the choice.
"Legendary" reliability, Good Presence , Good Fuel Efficiency,Excellent resale.
No/Minimal QC Niggles compared to other companies.
If you really want to be a test dummy then you can pick the aria (as initial Tata vehicles are known have notorious QC issues which the first group of customers suffer since the aria is a new platform) else if you want peace of mind for the next 4-5 years or longer buy the innova.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Can you wait for the tata aria?
I am keenly following the Tata Aria thread. But the Tata badge scares me. Not to mention the 8 storage cabins placed on the roof. Absolute shocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
If you cannot stretch the budget, robust diesel cars like the indigo manza aura plus quadrajet (unbeatable for comfort and mile munching) or linea emotion pack can be checked out.
Well, I can stretch the budget. I was considering Endeavour/Fortuner. But felt that those are not really VFM buys considering the TCO. Hence shifted to lower priced segment.

I would continue to use Getz for city. The SUV/MUV is mainly for long distance drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
We never had any problems with the low GC in our Innova. Not once has it scraped its bottom on a speed-breaker. Our Innova had run about 60k+ kms before we sold it. The captain seats are very comfortable for long journeys.

It doesn't matter if the GC is low. Civic scrapes it's bottom because the wheelbase is too big. Laura has a lower GC than Civic but never scrapes due to the same reason
Well, it is pretty clear that I don't know jack about GC. Need to figure out in detail.

I am not bothered about humps, but rocky roads. I am looking to taking the vehicle uninhibitedly to areas where tarring do not exist, but road still does. Like here or here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Innova has to be the choice.
"Legendary" reliability, Good Presence , Good Fuel Efficiency,Excellent resale.
No/Minimal QC Niggles compared to other companies.
Had it been for 4WD, Innova would have settled the issue by now.

Quote:
If you really want to be a test dummy then you can pick the aria (as initial Tata vehicles are known have notorious QC issues which the first group of customers suffer since the aria is a new platform) else if you want peace of mind for the next 4-5 years or longer buy the innova.
Though I am not too keen on a Tata, I would rather wait for Aria and see what impact it makes on competition. I am sure Toyota/Mahindra would respond to the challenge in many ways.

BTW, why is Scorpio not mentioned? I thought that would have been the automatic choice in this case.

Last edited by sbraj : 29th March 2010 at 22:36.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:19   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

Over a long drive, the Innova beats the Safari hands down !! Driver fatigue in the Innova is minimal. The lack of body roll greatly enhances the comfort during long drives. My longest drive in the Innova has been a 1400 km journey from Pune to Agra (non-stop with 2 drivers).
Sorry mate, but my experience says the other way. I had driven (single handedly) Safari non stop from Mumbai-Udaipur (actually about 50 kms further down, about 950 kms). 14 hours. And I was least tired.

However, I often to Mumbai-shirdi in my cousin's Innova and we all get really tired. BTW, mum-shirdi round trip is about 500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Safari has great looks , very comfortable seating and suspension. But the quality issues in Safari are real irritants. The clutch becomes very hard after 20k kms. There will be lot of rattles everywhere. Soon you will feel the "old" car feeling. It might be good for a enthusiast who drives occasionally on highways. Not a good car for daily use. I find Scorpio much better as it hold well after ageing and it is more refined than Safari. It drives smoother than safari. Safari's drive is too rugged. The fancy stuffs like parking sensors, DVD systems are of no use when u have a rattling car with quality issues.
This was very true of the old Safari. If you check the forums, you will find among all Safari owners, yes there were some bit of irritants initially, but then overall most are very happy with their beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I am keenly following the Tata Aria thread. But the Tata badge scares me. Not to mention the 8 storage cabins placed on the roof. Absolute shocker.
Yes, would be a good thing to wait. Also going by the last 2 launches by Tata, particularly the Manza, I guess the wait would be worth it.

Another thing you may want to consider, in case your parents are old or have knee problem, Safari or any SUV would be difficult for them to alight. Of late my mom does face difficulty and we have a modified table for it now. An MUV like Aria or Innova would be better than.

All the best!!!
Old 13th April 2010, 11:20   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyurshah View Post

This was very true of the old Safari. If you check the forums, you will find among all Safari owners, yes there were some bit of irritants initially, but then overall most are very happy with their beast.
The one we have is 2009 model. We are happy but that doesnt take away the issues with the car. Tata has to take these issues with high priority and sort out soon.
Old 28th March 2016, 19:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

Re: Most comfortable car/SUV for long journeys (under 12 Lakh)

Bumping an old thread to get the latest opinion.

Since it is 'SUV' fever now, i guess Duster will be favored by bhpians?
Old 29th March 2016, 13:57   #66
BHPian

12 L and comfort. It is the duster !!
Old 29th March 2016, 14:50   #67
BHPian

My vote goes to the S-Cross.
Old 7th April 2016, 00:00   #68
Senior - BHPian

A bit left field here because I only did a short test drive in the car, but was truly amazed at the space in the Baleno. For 7 to 8 L it is truly worth it for the seating space. Not sure about the rest though. The Ciaz too strikes me as a comfy car, maybe more so than the Baleno. Price too fits. On the other hand, if used cars are not a problem, nothing like an Innova for the comfort levels they offer.
Old 10th May 2016, 12:15   #69
Senior - BHPian

Duster all the way. Great comfort & ride. Ecosport is nice if it is 2 adults & 2 small kids & overnight luggage.

Cheers
Old 13th September 2016, 18:59   #70
BHPian

The E+ variant of Hyundai Creta may be considered. Isn't it?
Old 13th September 2016, 21:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

A used Innova - Captain seat variant.
In new cars it can be Tata Safari base variant.
In Sedans I would vote for Vento.
Old 13th September 2016, 22:08   #72
BHPian

I have done multiple long drives including Bangalore - Mumbai in S-Cross. Extremely comfortable and will not feel the tiredness at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks