Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 17:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the responses guys

@ Devdath - Ha Ha what a superbly written analogy , definitely very convincing and satisfactory example to make me believe in my 800. Thanks for that.

@Hoopoe , siralec , sdp 1975 - Thanks for the compliment hoopoe , I kind of agree with the suggestions given by you guys and just don't want to dispose her. So far i think the votes are for me to keep it , which is only making me convince myself cos it's coming from all car lovers.

As i said earlier that i would clean the car and get the rims painted black to make the car look little better. Here are a few pictures , i'm kind of getting convinced to keep her and slowly put things in place to make it more drivable
Attached Thumbnails
Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0675.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0676.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0677.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0678.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0679.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0680.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0681.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0682.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0683.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0684.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0685.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0686.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0687.jpg  

Confused - Whether to Keep my Old Love ( Maruti 800 ) or not??-photo0688.jpg  

Old 9th December 2009, 17:48   #17
BHPian

Are this black glass films allowed in Delhi ?
In some cities it is illegal.
Old 9th December 2009, 17:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Are this black glass films allowed in Delhi ?
In some cities it is illegal.
Only 30% is allowed in Delhi as far as i know however i've put 70% and am also planning to get the same done for the front windshield to complete the look.
As you can also see that i've got the black taping done to compliment the black film.

This car cannot got to Chandigarh as films are totally banned there. I've taken it only once to chandigarh but had to roll down all the glasses ( luckily i did not get caught )

OT - i really like the statement on your ID about the NUT
Old 10th December 2009, 16:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post

OT - i really like the statement on your ID about the NUT
Thanks for the compliment

Post the pics of the car once all modifications are completed.
Old 10th December 2009, 17:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Thanks for the compliment

Post the pics of the car once all modifications are completed.
I have 2 marriages in family coming up this weekend so would be little busy in that however today i installed the small black wheel caps and the tube caps

I'll paste the TBHP stickers on the car on Sunday and maybe get the number plates changed to give a better look.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopoe View Post
Your car is a beauty. I am sure it will cost you less to maintain and will forever have a ready resale market, that too at a good price. If I were you, I'd keep this, sell Esteem and buy a brand new mid-sizer.
+1 on that, as long as you will use it regularly.. A car just lying around and hardly used personally annoys me a a lot! Rather it make someone else who will use it happy!
Old 12th December 2009, 02:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
+1 on that, as long as you will use it regularly.. A car just lying around and hardly used personally annoys me a a lot! Rather it make someone else who will use it happy!
I agree with you on this and have planned to use it for atleast 3-4 kms a day to keep it in good running condition till the time i plan to dispose it off.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:21   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Keep this car.
With the left over funds, do the esteem up a bit. The esteem is an amazing car to tune as well.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Thanks for the responses guys

@ Devdath - Ha Ha what a superbly written analogy , definitely very convincing and satisfactory example to make me believe in my 800. Thanks for that.

@Hoopoe , siralec , sdp 1975 - Thanks for the compliment hoopoe , I kind of agree with the suggestions given by you guys and just don't want to dispose her. So far i think the votes are for me to keep it , which is only making me convince myself cos it's coming from all car lovers.

As i said earlier that i would clean the car and get the rims painted black to make the car look little better. Here are a few pictures , i'm kind of getting convinced to keep her and slowly put things in place to make it more drivable
How much did you pay to get the rims painted black? Whats the quality of the job like... considering its not even being done in a paint booth? How did he prevent the paint from getting onto the tyres?

Asking because I wanted to get my cars rims painted... but MASS quoted fancy price for it...
Old 12th December 2009, 15:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
How much did you pay to get the rims painted black? Whats the quality of the job like... considering its not even being done in a paint booth? How did he prevent the paint from getting onto the tyres?

Asking because I wanted to get my cars rims painted... but MASS quoted fancy price for it...
He quoted 550 for cobra paint and 250 for the local i negotiated local for Rs 200.

Considering the fact that it's a old car and very scarcely used is what led me to get the local paint. He cleaned the rims with the water first , then applied some liquid on the rims and let it dry and then sprayed the paint on the rims.

It was a instant paint which dried in about 5-7 mins of time and i was ready to go.

About covering the tyres , i rather asked him to spray the paint on the tyres as well which i later realised was wrong as it came out as dry paper by the time i reached home but no worries as the tyre is clean now.

Which cars rim do you want to get painted black? Is it a M800 too?
Old 12th December 2009, 16:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Thanks for the info.

What is Cobra paint? "Instant" paint? That sounds cool. Else, the longer the paint takes to dry, more the debris that will stick to it... esp. when you paint it on the road, like you have done. Another issue is that, in your case, he would have ended up painting even the studs, right? Not a great idea, as the paint there will partially come off when the wheels are removed, and look bad.

IMO, its not a good idea to get paint on the tyres... can't say how it will react with the rubber.

I want to get the rims of my Esteem painted. At first I wanted the same silver color. Gave up the idea when MASS quoted a bit under 1 k for each wheel. I considered wheel caps which would be much cheaper... but I guess painting the rims black (if it does not cost a bomb, which means I have to get it done elsewhere) before fixing the wheel caps would look better as the black rim inside wont be easily seen.
Old 13th December 2009, 18:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^^ Thanks for the info.

What is Cobra paint? "Instant" paint? That sounds cool. Else, the longer the paint takes to dry, more the debris that will stick to it... esp. when you paint it on the road, like you have done. Another issue is that, in your case, he would have ended up painting even the studs, right? Not a great idea, as the paint there will partially come off when the wheels are removed, and look bad.

IMO, its not a good idea to get paint on the tyres... can't say how it will react with the rubber.

I want to get the rims of my Esteem painted. At first I wanted the same silver color. Gave up the idea when MASS quoted a bit under 1 k for each wheel. I considered wheel caps which would be much cheaper... but I guess painting the rims black (if it does not cost a bomb, which means I have to get it done elsewhere) before fixing the wheel caps would look better as the black rim inside wont be easily seen.
Cobra paint is the one that is a branded paint ( generally used by Maruti and other leading manufacturers ) , no wonder the MASS quoted around 1 K for each rim.

You should rather go for alloys than investing in getting the rims painted black and getting a wheel covers for your ride. You should be able to get decent alloys within 10k. Think about it.
Old 13th December 2009, 19:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Ya, alloys are of course the best option. But got quite a few expenses right now regarding my rides, so don't want to spend that much. I don't think I will be able to get good ones for anything less than 10 k.

I thought they used Dupont. Not heard of Cobra yet. Whatever they used for doing the car up last year, the quality is NOT like a factory job. Close scrutiny will reveal that. But its definitely much better than the job done by a non-MASS garage few years ago. I still have to take it up with them. The dent removal job was impeccable though.
Old 13th December 2009, 20:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^^ Ya, alloys are of course the best option. But got quite a few expenses right now regarding my rides, so don't want to spend that much. I don't think I will be able to get good ones for anything less than 10 k.

I thought they used Dupont. Not heard of Cobra yet. Whatever they used for doing the car up last year, the quality is NOT like a factory job. Close scrutiny will reveal that. But its definitely much better than the job done by a non-MASS garage few years ago. I still have to take it up with them. The dent removal job was impeccable though.
Sounds good , the scene is that this 800 is old and i would be scarcely using it and that is exactly the reason why i went for this local paint , otherwise like i said originally too that this car has been serviced entirely at MASS for all the 120 k that it has done so far.

All my other rides get a proper treatment ( read from showroom or authorized places ).
Old 20th December 2009, 03:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is there any proceeding on you getting your car rims painted black?

I went to Karol bagh today to get FFE fixed for my alto and meanwhile checked out the upgrades for my 800. Following are my findings -

Basic Sony stereo - Rs 3600
Basic local speakers - Rs 450
Plastic stereo console ( for stereo , 2 glass holders and some storage place ) - Rs 225
New floor mats- Rs 350

Total - Rs 4625 to make me drive my 800 little more. If i tell this to my wife she would kill me for it ( don't go by the amount but by the idea to spend that money on 800).

I may get these things installed slowly w/o her knowledge to make a lesser impact

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks