Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 09:01   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

tough choice- boils down to whether you need a boot separate or not

if so - Indigo eCS it is!
if otherwise, FIGO without a doubt.

I would personally vote FIGO because it is newer tech, better finished, extreme VFM and has the nice 1.4 TDCi mill from the Fiesta squashed into it. And I like the car a lot basis the TD I did some time ago.

enjoy
Old 17th November 2010, 09:45   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Hi there,

I currently own an Alto LXI and am seriously considering an upgrade. I have a budget of about Rs 5.5 L. My priorities are -- diesel variant, good boot space, roomy interiors, minimum maintenance, mileage of about 17 kmpl, etc. I normally clock about 15,000 kms a year and hence the preference for a diesel. We travel with considerable luggage and hence, a good boot space is important (that is why we are not shortlisting the Ritz LDI).

Given these priorities and given the price list here in Goa, I have shortlisted two options -- Ford Figo diesel EXI and the Tata Indigo eCS. I would welcome advice on which of the two cars would be a better option. Please send in your views at the earliest as I may have to make a decision within a week or so. We will also take a test drive to see which car actually feels better on road.

Thanks.
Melvyn
Figo is a good option here, but Caculo Ford is pathetic for A.S.S. There are some good deals at Tata these days. I would have suggested the Vista but you need boot space. I feel the Indigo is the best bet. If you manage to hike you budget a bit and really bargain hard, you may be able to get a Manza. Remember the deals at TATA are not advertised here and you have to bargain hard. They'll just offer you some insurance etc. If you're OK with a 2009 model TATA you'll get a massive discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
If you are in Goa, why not Consider Ford Ikon Tdci, it meets all your requirements, but you may have to stretch your budget by about 70K and its worth it.
The Ikon is quite outdated (2 generations old Fiesta). The dealer in Goa is not one of the best.
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:59   #33
BHPian

My family was facing the same dilemma, and opted for the Indigo CS because of the boot and proper sedan looks. That said, if your priorities are indeed boot space, roomy interiors, then there is really no comparison. The Figo is a great car to drive, the diesel engine is a gem, the gearshift and handling are sporty, but it's not great on bootspace or interior room. It's rather claustrophobic, with the dark plastic and seats, and you sit low.

I also felt that the bumpers were too flimsy. The Ford dealers showed me how it would bounce back because the plastic was so soft, but in reality, it just gives too easily and transfers damage to valuable components behind it. I've been rear-ended by an Indicab, a bike and also reversed into a pole, but there isn't even a scratch on my Indigo's bumpers. The clips on one side got damaged, but it's an easy replacement.

If you like driving, go for the Figo, it's a much better car to drive fast due to great handling. The Indigo won't offer as many thrills, but the eCS is the best vehicle made till date on the Indica platform. Test drive both with your family and make a decision for yourself. That said, the eCS CR4 diesel is no slouch. The turbo lag is a lot less and it is very driveable. The DiCOR engine is much smoother than before and is eager. Give it a chance. You might be surprised.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks