Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 16:22   #2776
BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Hello All,
Had always wanted to buy a jeep.
But until a few years back owning a jeep meant being best friends with the mechanic and living with the jeeps niggles and issues.

Thank God for Team-BHP and Mr. Behram Dhabhar for listening to the bhpians and finally introducing the Thar.
But even after Mahindra introduced the Thar, it didn’t have an AC and a few minor issues here and there, which thankfully have been more or less taken care off now.

Going through innumerous ownership threads of Thar on this forum helped me immensely in understanding the shortcomings of the Thar and how they can be rectified/modified and made me believe that yes it can be used as an every day car. Finally, after 10 to 15 ownership reviews down it was hard to resist(the jeep thing) and yeah - I booked it .

Make : Mahindra
Model : Thar
Variant : 2.5 CRDE 4x4
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : April 2014
Color : Rocky Beige
Expected Delivery Date : 10th May
Dealer & City : JKAK, Meerut
Freebies : None
Others : None

Was supposed to get the delivery by 10th, still no sign
Old 16th May 2014, 23:05   #2777
BHPian

A Birthday+Anniversary Gift For The Wife!
Make : Tata
Model : Nano
Variant : Twist
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 12th May 2014
Color : Royal Gold
Expected Delivery Date : 20th May 2014
Dealer & City : Tafe Reach,Pallikaranai, Chennai
Discounts : Rs.10,000 (5K - 'Welcome Customer' from another Brand) (5K - Exchange Bonus).
Freebies promised : Steering Wheel Cover, Floor Mats and discount on other accessories.
Accessories planning to add: Rub Rails, 'Y' Type Alloys & Seat Covers.

Last edited by mathew1105 : 16th May 2014 at 23:13. Reason: Grammar - Choice of words.
mathew1105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 23:37   #2778
BHPian

I own a Wagon R CNG. Previously, my daily work commute was about 80 kms and therefore, a CNG vehicle made sense economically. Therefore, I bought the Wagon R CNG and it truly lived up to its "work-horse" reputation. I fell in love with the waggie's excellent reliability, driving position, visibility, handling and leg-room. However, the poor ride quality, under-powered engine, lackluster gear-box, body-roll and ridiculously low car width convinced me to look for other options. Besides, after changing my job, my daily work commute reduced to 10kms and fuel economy was no longer a major consideration. And, given the awful state of Gurgaon's roads and traffic, I was adamant on purchasing a compact SUV.

Therefore, two weeks back, I finally booked the following car -

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : 1.5 Petrol Titanium
Booking Date : 9th May 2014
Color : Sea grey
Expected Delivery Date : 8th August 2014
Dealer & City : Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon
Freebies : None
Planned accessories: Rear parking camera and DRLs

Last edited by dsunn : 16th May 2014 at 23:42.
Old 17th May 2014, 21:09   #2779
BHPian

Finally booked an i20 Asta 1.2 P (Bronze colour).
Was in the market for a hatch for a while, finally booked an i20 probably the best family hatch out there. There are 2 dealers here in Thane, after a lot of haggling here's the deal -

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Asta 1.2 P
Booking Date : 11th May 2014
Color : Bronze
Expected Delivery Date : Last week of May'14
Discounts: 20,000 (Dealer + Hyundai), sales person has promised an additional 5K (don't ask - don't tell).
Insurance(self): 18.5 K approx. from TATA-AIG. Dealer was quoting around 25 K.
Freebies : Engine PU Coating + Rubber matting kit + Body cover worth approx. 3.5K
Planned accessories: Seat covers, also planning for under body anti-rust treatment + Paint protection film (front & rear bumpers) from 3M.

Total saving (discounts + insurance) = 30K
Old 18th May 2014, 13:00   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto View Post
Finally booked an i20 Asta 1.2 P (Bronze colour).
Was in the market for a hatch for a while, finally booked an i20 probably the best family hatch out there. There are 2 dealers here in Thane, after a lot of haggling here's the deal -

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Asta 1.2 P
Booking Date : 11th May 2014
Color : Bronze
Expected Delivery Date : Last week of May'14
Discounts: 20,000 (Dealer + Hyundai), sales person has promised an additional 5K (don't ask - don't tell).
Insurance(self): 18.5 K approx. from TATA-AIG. Dealer was quoting around 25 K.
Freebies : Engine PU Coating + Rubber matting kit + Body cover worth approx. 3.5K
Planned accessories: Seat covers, also planning for under body anti-rust treatment + Paint protection film (front & rear bumpers) from 3M.

Total saving (discounts + insurance) = 30K
Apologies about the back to back post - was unable to edit my post yesterday as it went in for review. The above also includes Extended Warranty (3rd + 4th Yr).
Old 24th May 2014, 07:51   #2781

It took 16 years, but in the end the wait appears to be over.
I started growing watching Gypsy (I still admire it) then Tata Sierra’s era came and as 1998 Year struck and Safari was launched I was madly in love with her and since then it was on my to-do list.

So after a 7 years rigorous digging on each Safari thread I am writing my inaugural post.

Make : Tata
Model : Safari Storme
Variant : VX 4x2 + Explorer Edition kit
Booking Date : 8th May 2014
Colour : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : Month End
Dealer & City : Urmill Motors , Ghaziabad
Freebies : Nothing
Others: Got 25k Exchange Bonus + 8.5 Misc Bonus
priyanknauni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 23:35   #2782
BHPian

I currently own a 2005 Toyota Corolla which does its duty quite remarkably. However, since it has crossed 1 lakh km mark, I decided to buy a diesel workhorse for my daily use while preserving my Corolla for special occasions and luggage-laden family outings. After comparing a lot of hatchbacks lot many times and reading numerous reviews and ownership reports I zeroed in on the 1.3 MJD Fiat Punto. I got decent discount since this is an outgoing model.

Details:
Make : Fiat
Model : Punto
Variant : 1.3 MJD Emotion
Booking Date : 25-05-2014
Color : New Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : 5-06-2014
Dealer & City : Pandit Automotive, Pune
Others : 5 years extended warranty, 48 months Road Side Assistance.

People of Pune.. I will need a helping hand to carry out the PDI which I expect to do on 3rd or 4th June. It will be done at the Fiat Service Centre, Bavdhan, Pune. Hurry Up! Kindly send in your nominations soon Thanks.
Old 26th May 2014, 23:43   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtorque View Post
I got decent discount since this is an outgoing model.

Details:
Make : Fiat
Model : Punto
Variant : 1.3 MJD Emotion
Can you please share the amount of discount?
Old 28th May 2014, 11:51   #2784
BHPian

I was earlier considering a second hand car as was stuck in some finances for a couple of years. I owned a Zen vxi converted to CNG, which was a great performer in petrol and extremely light on pocket, when driven around in CNG. But unfortunately had not checked the car thoroughly before buying and ended up with a corroded body car, which literally tore in half when it went through a large pot hole. Result : Had to scrap it.

Having faced such an experience, family and me were skeptical on buying a second hand car again. After a lot of brainstorming and considering the finances, we decided to get a Wagon R CNG (CNG pumps are ample in and around my locality and also it's the the most cheapest means of travel for 4 people). Went to the nearest showroom, but somehow the car failed to impress me. (It did impress my family a lot). It was the Lxi variant and was too basic. Also the tall boy design and cramped rear seat put my mood off. Yet, I had given in to the family's choice and was considering getting it. Then all of a sudden just on the day when we were about to book the Wagon R, I heard the news of the Celerio CNG being launched and that too in Vxi variant.

No brainer then, searched for a dealer who could give me the car without a waiting period and went in for a look and feel of the car. The car is much larger than the Wagon R CNG. It's available in Vxi variant. I was sold just to know this itself. :P Celerio is larger in all sense. The dashboard resembles that of the swift, the rear seats can easily accommodate three adults, the FE is more than the Wagon R, cup holders on all doors and ample amount of storage space, larger 14" tyres, OVRMs, all windows are electric and the best part of them all : Since it comes with a larger boot space than the Wagon R (30% more space), it comes with a unique style of tank and tyre placement, thereby allowing the boot to be used even after having a tank. )Atleast two medium sized travel bags can be accommodated. All the above made the Celerio an ideal choice and so we booked it yesterday.

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Celerio
Variant : Vxi
Fuel : Petrol and CNG
Booking Date : 27th May, 2014
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week of June, 2014
Dealer & City : SK wheels, Navi Mumbai
Discounts : None on car price. But around 5k on accessories.
Freebies promised : Under belly Anti Rust coating in Black, Teflon Coating, Air Freshener, Dark silver wheel caps, Celerio official floor mats, Mud flap and Body Cover.
Accessories taken : Security System with keyless entry, Pioneer bluetooth double din HU, JBL speaker 4 nos., Art leather seat covers with matching steering cover, Sport pedals (Metallic silver), Ambient lights (under dashboard and doors) and rear parking sensor.
Others : Extended warranty for 2 more years or 80,000kms which ever is earlier.
Overall cost of the car : 5.52lacs on road.
Pratzgh1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 15:35   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
I heard the news of the Celerio CNG being launched and that too in Vxi variant.

Overall cost of the car : 5.52lacs on road.
Thanks and congrats for booking the car buddy. I just read about the CNG launch yesterday which was claiming greater mileage than the wagonr cng

Did you drive the CNG variant ? I believe the wagon r and Celerio share the same engine but the Celerio with a much refined version ( correct me if I am wrong). What is the CNG tank capacity ?

Do share your test drive experience.

Cheers
Old 28th May 2014, 15:55   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Thanks and congrats for booking the car buddy. I just read about the CNG launch yesterday which was claiming greater mileage than the wagonr cng

Did you drive the CNG variant ? I believe the wagon r and Celerio share the same engine but the Celerio with a much refined version ( correct me if I am wrong). What is the CNG tank capacity ?

Do share your test drive experience.

Cheers
Thanks for the wishes buddy.

I wanted to drive the CNG variant, but the fact is that most of the dealers do not even know the pricing of this car. It's rare to get this car so soon.

Did find a wrapped up car in the service area though and all i could do with it was to to see the boot and start the car. It has digital display for CNG and auto cut off for the CNG.

I hope it is refined and better than the Wagon R. I am hurrying because i want a car before the rains start and also before the prices go up after 1st June, which was an indicated warning by all dealers.

Do find the boot pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20140527_193044.jpg  

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20140527_192959.jpg  

Pratzgh1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 22:03   #2787
BHPian

Make: Honda
Model: City
Variant: VX CVT AT
Fuel: Petrol
Booking date: 29/05/2014
Colour: Golden Brown
Expected Delivery: Sept. 2014
Dealer and city: Hallmark Honda, Navi Mumbai
Freebies: None
Old 31st May 2014, 08:50   #2788
BHPian

Make : Mahindra Ssangyong
Model : Rexton
Variant : RX7
Booking date : 20th May 2014
Colour : Moondust Silver
Dealer : India Garage
Freebies : Corporate discount and accessories worth Rs.25000
DELIVERED!!!
Old 31st May 2014, 09:50   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco Sauce View Post
Make : Mahindra Ssangyong
Model : Rexton
Variant : RX7
Booking date : 20th May 2014
Colour : Moondust Silver
Dealer : India Garage
Freebies : Corporate discount and accessories worth Rs.25000
DELIVERED!!!
The last I heard they were giving 1 lakh cash discount.
Old 31st May 2014, 15:06   #2790
BHPian

Having owned and loved the Fiesta 1.6 S for over 4.5 years, it was time to replace it with a new car in the garage. The Fiesta 1.6 S goes to a very dear friend who is a driving enthusiast much like me.

I've gone ahead and booked the Polo GT TSI. There were absolutely no discounts on offer for the car. But competition (two dealers contacted at the same time) played a part here and I was able to shave off around 6k from the dealer with whom I eventually booked the car.

The final OTR of the car will come to around 9.2 Lacs (includes 2 years extended warranty package and comprehensive zero depreciation insurance + the usual goodies like floor mats and mud flaps from the dealer).

Currently arranging the financing and other formalities. The delivery of the car is expected end of June 2014. Fun times ahead!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks