Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2014, 13:36   #2791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
The last I heard they were giving 1 lakh cash discount.
Probably. But this being a company leased vehicle, I did none of the leg work. Just signed the paper work.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:27   #2792
Senior - BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Having owned three cars with high seating till date and with my family cursing me about the very low seating in my Polo I was planning on something of a moderate size with high seating.
On Friday the 6th of June I read in the news paper that booking for Ford ecosport has started again, and we immediately rushed to the Talera Ford dealership and booked the Ecosport Titanium AT with 1.5 Petrol engine.

Rahul
Old 9th June 2014, 13:43   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
Thanks for the wishes buddy.

Do find the boot pics below.
Why does the tank seem to look so small in the pics? Do you know what is the water capacity of the tank? I had CNG in my Spark and the water capacity was 65-litres.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:49   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Why does the tank seem to look so small in the pics? Do you know what is the water capacity of the tank? I had CNG in my Spark and the water capacity was 65-litres.
It is the standard tank used by Maruti. The reason it looks so small, is because of the newer placement strategy applied by Maruti engineers . Earlier, the spare wheel was below the tank and hence the tank had to be housed higher. But with the larger boot and sufficient space, the wheel can now be placed parallel to the tank, thereby allowing the tank to be mounted deeper in the boot space.
Old 10th June 2014, 18:08   #2795
BHPian

Hello everyone I've booked myself a 2014 facelifted Fiat Linea T-Jet Emotion in magnesio grey colour with the sole dealer in kolkata which is Garodia Fiat. My friend who did the negotiations on my behalf on account of myself being not quite well had initially being able to bring the price of the car down from INR 10.50lakhs OTR to INR 10.25lakhs and then further beat them down till INR 10.00lakhs in total. Folks can you tell me whether this is a good pricing for a 2014 MY Fiat Linea T-Jet. Have also asked them to provide me with a car with max back manufactured date of May 2014. I'll be recieving the VIN in a few days. Will update about this thing soon.

Cheers,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 21:01   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Well folks before I start let me tell you all that this post will be detailed. The post has some relevant comparisons which have been done prior to making the decision. Also, there are some really funny and emotional incidents involved regarding how I finally made up my mind to go in for the new car.

So, As I was in Mumbai yesterday with my special one at her home, I switched on the laptop and browsed the forum while she cleaned her room and the home. She is a cleanliness freak. Before I switch on my laptop everyday I wipe it off with a duster.

Here is the conversation that happened.

PS: Duster kahan hai ? (where is the duster)

AD: As I was engrossed in reading the seat-belt thread I said "Duster" Diesel or Petrol ?

PS: You dumb head, normal cloth one not the car.

AD: Oh! Sorry yaar.

PS: Are you again on Tbhp ?

AD: Holding laptop close to me, Ya ?

PS: Get Out!!

AD: Why ?

PS: I said, move out right now or else!!

AD: Lunch ?

PS: Fend for yourself, You won't get anything here.

So, I as a guilty looking labrador came out of our home. I thought, she got annoyed because of a Duster so I thought I will buy a Duster and give it to her. Now, today morning I went to look for a Duster and ended up at Renault Duster's outlet at Sector 63 Noida.

I tested the RxL 104 PS Petrol Duster that is the top end model with all features. Here are a few pics of the Duster:

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1327.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1328.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1329.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1330.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1331.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1332.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1333.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1334.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1335.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1338.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1350.jpg

Well, I felt the quality of Top-end vehicle and lack of many features like the passenger row AC and the unnecessary big boot appears useless as it could have been a good 7 seater car. I mean for 10 Lakhs I did not find the top variant worth. Second most annoying thing was that I was earlier denied a test ride since the dealer did not have a Petrol Duster.

Now, mints21, whom I look up to as my elder brother came to my rescue. Plus, The team bhp reviews helped me a lot. After reading the reviews of Ertiga I consulted him and he was very positive about it so immediately called Vipul Motors for a Test Drive of Ertiga Zxi. I was really happy with the quality and the value for money tag. It's on-road price for me is INR 8, 08, 440/=. Immediately paid token money since I had to give a gift to my Paa for forthcoming father's day. Here are a few pics:

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1342.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1345.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1346.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1343.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1344.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-photo1351.jpg

After comparing the Duster (Top-end) and the Ertiga (Top-end), I found Ertiga much better. So booked the top model in petrol version that comes with all features including alloy wheels. The color is the metallic Blue. The delivery will be taken in 1st week of July by 8th of the month.

After doing this I called Paa and just said "Happy Father's day paa". That moment can't be explained as we hugged for about 5 minutes and I said "tumari fiat wapis aagai" (Your Fiat has come back) since the color of this Ertiga is similar to that of our Premier Padmini.

On the other hand, I called my special one and said "I bought LUV with money as you did not respect me" to which she said "Are you mad baba? Off-course I respect you dear". I replied calm down, I booked an Ertiga" and she said "What ?" So, I said yeah, It's called "LUV".

Finally, To celebrate this occasion I will be there with her next week. However, My utmost respect goes out to all my friends here, GTO, and Vidyut. Thanks a lot guys.

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 09:13   #2797
Senior - BHPian

After countless thoughts, calculations, sleepless nights and test drives, booked my 'Indian Scirrocco' !!

Make : VW
Model : Polo
Variant : GT TDI
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 14th June 2014
Color : Flash Red
Expected Delivery Date : 19th June 2014
Dealer & City : VW Palace Cross, Bangalore
Discounts : Free insurance (Rs.35,000), Exchange Bonus - 20K, Free 3rd yr Warranty, Free 3yrs Road Side Assistance
Freebies promised : Accessories worth 5k.
Accessories planning to add: 205 section tires, Arm Rest, Roots Horn & Dead Pedal.

P.S - Discounts were a part of VW finance scheme.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 10:50   #2798
BHPian

I booked a Ford Classic 1.4L Diesel (Titanium) last week. But after reading multiple posts in this forum I've got a feeling that it gonna phase out soon and Amaze diesel is a better choice. Is it actually so? Or is the Classic still worth buying?
Old 17th June 2014, 14:21   #2799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
I booked a Ford Classic 1.4L Diesel (Titanium) last week. But after reading multiple posts in this forum I've got a feeling that it gonna phase out soon and Amaze diesel is a better choice. Is it actually so? Or is the Classic still worth buying?
Ford classic is a VFM, with all the price cuts it has had in recent years. It is a decent car too, but you have to remember that it is almost a decade old model, it may or may not be discontinued, but one thing for sure is that it won't have a good resale value. If you intend to keep the car for 5+ years, then it is worth whatever you are spending.

From a Dzire owner, I find the classic much better than Amaze
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 14:48   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
If you intend to keep the car for 5+ years, then it is worth whatever you are spending.

From a Dzire owner, I find the classic much better than Amaze
Of course I intend to keep the car for a very long time. BTW what's your opinion while comparing the Dzire with Classic? Just Asking outta curiosity
Old 18th June 2014, 14:05   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course I intend to keep the car for a very long time. BTW what's your opinion while comparing the Dzire with Classic? Just Asking outta curiosity
I did test both before deciding on the Dzire. Few points that turned it in favor,

1. The perceived service cost of FORD Vs Maruti
2. Classic was due for replacement (in rumor) since early 2013
3. If discontinued, would the spares be expensive
4. Dzire was a lot new, compared to classic
5. Classic has a better and more practical boot.
6. Back seat of a Dzire felt much comfortable to the Missus
7. The controls for Indicator, wiper are on the opposite directions in the Classic, I found that weird even after so many years.
8. Finally, I thought I just cannot go wrong with a Maruti and got it and no repents.
9. Classic is a much more powerful and fun to drive.
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:04   #2802
BHPian

From the days of learning to drive on my dad's Premier Padmini I've been looking forward to owning one. Finally booked my first car yesterday.

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : V-MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 21st June
Color : Carnelian Red
Expected Delivery Date : 16 to 20 weeks from now :-/
Dealer & City : Arya Honda - Prabhadevi (Mumbai)
Freebies : None. The dealer offered some discounts on accessories, but I'm not looking to add any so soon. The usual box of chocolates and other stuff will come with it at the time of the delivery.
Old 22nd June 2014, 21:17   #2803
BHPian

After a lot of dilemma, deliberations, and discussions, I booked the Polo 1.2 Diesel.

Make: Volkswagen
Model: Polo 1.2
Variant: Comfortline with Corporate Kit
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date: 22nd June 2014
Color: Candy White
Dealer: Apple Volkswagen, Whitefield
Expected delivery date: 15 to 20 days from now
Corporate Kit: 15" alloys, Seat Covers, Bluetooth, Side Door Protector, Rubber Mat.
Discounts: Rs. 55,000

It took a lot to make this decision and it wasn't an easy one. I test-drove the swift, i20 and the polo today.
Swift was out of the window within a few meters of the start of the test-drive. The suspension was terrible, and was crashing all-over. This might be purely due to the test-drive car.
The i20 was good, but I am not a big fan of Hyundai.
Finally, the polo, I was sold on the ride, safety and comfort. And the tank-like build was a great calming factor for us who have been through our share of near accident situations.

The wait begins!

Last edited by aneezan : 22nd June 2014 at 21:18. Reason: delete a line
Old 22nd June 2014, 22:19   #2804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If good boot space is high on your requirement list, then it has to be Classic.(among Classic/Dzire/Amaze)

Apart from what dass has mentioned, some of the other plus points of Dzire are, climate control, bigger tires(on ZDI), better interiors, and in my opinion, I feel Dzire is more powerful than Fiesta. Also, it has a better driver seat with good thigh support.

I prefer Dzire over Amaze as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
After a lot of dilemma, deliberations, and discussions, I booked the Polo 1.2 Diesel.
Congratulation on your booking! The toughest part is the waiting period. I thought Fiesta Classic and Eritga were also in your list.
Old 23rd June 2014, 08:50   #2805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Congratulation on your booking! The toughest part is the waiting period. I thought Fiesta Classic and Eritga were also in your list.
Hi Arun. The Fiesta was, but we were somehow worried with the "old-car" feel. The Ertiga shot up over our budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks