Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 11:39   #2311
Senior - BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Congratulations! Will this make you first BHPian to book Amaze?
Nope. That would be 'musclecar'. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post3083846
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 12:44   #2312
Senior - BHPian

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento TDI
Variant : Highline
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 12-04-2013
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 18-04-2012
Dealer & City : Volkswagen, Meerut
Freebies : Insurance (40,481/-), Handling Charges (5,000/-), Basic Kit (6,360/- including Teflon underbody coating, Mud Flaps, Mats, Body Cover etc.), Extended Warranty (11,226/- 2+2 Year/1 Lac kms), Temporary Registration Charges (2K)
Others : As above in Freebies
Cost : 9.67L (inclusive of all above) + Add Registration at Moradabad 84K = 10.51L On Road Price
(Ex-Showroom cost was 10,14,017/- and the stated on-road price was 11.63L inclusive all above. So you can call it a net discount of 1.12L)

Last edited by dkaile : 12th April 2013 at 12:49.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 18:56   #2313
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the club! What is the expected delivery date?
Delivery expected sometime towards the end of this month. The Dealer does not have the Color (New Breeze Blue) in stock. I am willing to wait even if it takes longer as I have waited for years to book my dream car.
Old 14th April 2013, 13:48   #2314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Congrats John.
I am getting my Satin White W8 this Saturday. Counting hours to lay hands on the beast.
Super. Now its time to have some fun with the monster. Truly a monster on the road. with all the bells and whistles, its truly a VFM. I have munched 22000kms with only very few issues. So its a great package all in all. Happy Motoring. All the best.
Old 14th April 2013, 15:51   #2315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento TDI
Variant : Highline
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 12-04-2013
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 18-04-2012
Dealer & City : Volkswagen, Meerut
Freebies : Insurance (40,481/-), Handling Charges (5,000/-), Basic Kit (6,360/- including Teflon underbody coating, Mud Flaps, Mats, Body Cover etc.), Extended Warranty (11,226/- 2+2 Year/1 Lac kms), Temporary Registration Charges (2K)
Others : As above in Freebies
Cost : 9.67L (inclusive of all above) + Add Registration at Moradabad 84K = 10.51L On Road Price
(Ex-Showroom cost was 10,14,017/- and the stated on-road price was 11.63L inclusive all above. So you can call it a net discount of 1.12L)
Hey !

Congo

But i thought you were waiting for the launch of new Octavia

Last edited by karan561 : 14th April 2013 at 15:53.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 16:01   #2316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
But i thought you were waiting for the launch of new Octavia
Thanks. This is in fact for my brother in law in Moradabad though the deal has been done by me at Meerut. I told him to wait for the Octavia but he was interested in a segment lower so got him the Vento which I consider to be the best diesel car in it's segment.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 18:50   #2317
Senior - BHPian

My Accent was passed onto the hands of my cousin and got a good deal. After living on LPG for around 4 years, decided to have a taste of national fuel "Diesel" but with what engine? I drove i20, Swift, Sail-UVA and Ritz diesel versions over last 2 days back to back getting a good feel of all these cars before finalising on Ritz-Vdi, rated my experience below

1. Ritz - Sheer joy of driving
2. Swift - Looked Solid on road
3. Sail UVA - The clutch felt very hard, awkward brake pedal and very poor rear view, Over-priced base version
4. i20 - Lacked the punch of Swift/Ritz and out of budget price tag even for base version

Booked my Ritz VDI - Superior White with Grey interiors today at Kalyani Motors, Bannerghatta Road
Ex Showroom - 577841
Registration - 89,796
Insurance - 21,526
Incidental Charges - 6,500
Registration Charges - 700
Total - INR 6,96,363/-

Discounts:
Consumer Offer - INR 25,000/-
Corporate Discount - INR 2,000/- (for my wife's company), I would have got INR 3,000/-

I opted out of extended warranty, basic accessories kit and auto card.
Looking at the option of buying insurance directly from Bajaj Allianz (could save 5.5k)

Final Price OTR - INR 6,58,831/-
Booking Amount Paid today - INR 5,000/-
Approximate delivery time - 10 days.

Last edited by deehunk : 16th April 2013 at 18:52.
Old 18th April 2013, 10:14   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My Accent was passed onto the hands of my cousin and got a good deal. After living on LPG for around 4 years, decided to have a taste of national fuel "Diesel" but with what engine? I drove i20, Swift, Sail-UVA and Ritz diesel versions over last 2 days back to back getting a good feel of all these cars before finalising on Ritz-Vdi, rated my experience below
did you try pushing harder for a discount? with the amaze out, the ritz looks seriously overpriced!

Last edited by GTO : 19th April 2013 at 17:26. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 18th April 2013, 14:14   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Congrats John.
I am getting my Satin White W8 this Saturday. Counting hours to lay hands on the beast.
Hi Bnzjon

Hope you have tames the beast and having a blast. Looking forward to your ownership review, especially its comparison with Linea.
Old 18th April 2013, 15:42   #2320
Senior - BHPian

MAKE:Honda
MODEL: Amaze
VARIANT:1.5 SMT
FUEL: Diesel
BOOKING DATE: 18th April 2013
DELIVERY DATE: 6 Months
COLOUR: Carnelian red pearl
BOOKING AMOUNT : Rs.21,000/-

Been waiting to write up in this thread. Finally
Old 18th April 2013, 16:00   #2321
Senior - BHPian

New update on my booking, yesterday due to insistence of my colleague visited Lathangi Ford near JP Nagar, met Vinayak the Sales person and sat for a discussion on Figo Lxi, Diesel. He offered me a good offer if I opt for Exi version, so it was time to get the feel of Figo from a buyer's perspective although I had driven Figo for others.Honestly when it is for you you tend to see at all little things, with gear on and a gentle push towards the running traffic the vehicle moved smoothly and I was heading towards my office opposite IIM. Whatever I have been trying on diesel cars from one week to understand the driving style, same was done on this vehicle, unlike the other cars the seating stance looked similar to my Accent with good visbility of bonnet and lots of space around. I did not feel any turbo lag but felt first/second gear could have been a bit better otherwise I felt comfortable driving the car with AC and this car suited my sedate driving style. The offers were
  1. Free insurance
  2. Free 3 year extended warranty as Corporate discount
  3. Free Ford genuine accessories worth 10.5K
  4. Free Basic kit
OTR for EXI version, INR 623589 for Metallic color and 3K less for Solid color.
I am still open to consider this option and ready to compromise on the mileage part of Ritz. Some inputs from the fellow members here can help me in chosing the right car.

Last edited by deehunk : 18th April 2013 at 16:01.
Old 19th April 2013, 02:22   #2322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New update on my booking, yesterday due to insistence of my colleague visited Lathangi Ford near JP Nagar, met Vinayak the Sales person and sat for a discussion on Figo Lxi, Diesel. He offered me a good offer if I opt for Exi version, so it was time to get the feel of Figo from a buyer's perspective although I had driven Figo for others.Honestly when it is for you you tend to see at all little things, with gear on and a gentle push towards the running traffic the vehicle moved smoothly and I was heading towards my office opposite IIM. Whatever I have been trying on diesel cars from one week to understand the driving style, same was done on this vehicle, unlike the other cars the seating stance looked similar to my Accent with good visbility of bonnet and lots of space around. I did not feel any turbo lag but felt first/second gear could have been a bit better otherwise I felt comfortable driving the car with AC and this car suited my sedate driving style. The offers were
  1. Free insurance
  2. Free 3 year extended warranty as Corporate discount
  3. Free Ford genuine accessories worth 10.5K
  4. Free Basic kit
OTR for EXI version, INR 623589 for Metallic color and 3K less for Solid color.
I am still open to consider this option and ready to compromise on the mileage part of Ritz. Some inputs from the fellow members here can help me in chosing the right car.
Both of the cars you have selected are good in their own way, Take back to back TD and pick one which your heart says. Afterall, you are going to live with it for years. You can't go wrong with either of them.

Had i been in your place, I would have picked figo, just for the ride and handling it offers, plus the lag free engine which helps in city driving
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 01:40   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Free Basic kit[/list]OTR for EXI version, INR 623589 for Metallic color and 3K less for Solid color.
The price can be even lower. My Father in Law just bought an EXI in Mangalore. Will try to get its price break-up for you. But I remember that got some Gold coin too.
Old 22nd April 2013, 05:54   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
MAKE:Honda
MODEL: Amaze
VARIANT:1.5 SMT
FUEL: Diesel
BOOKING DATE: 18th April 2013
DELIVERY DATE: 6 Months
COLOUR: Carnelian red pearl
BOOKING AMOUNT : Rs.21,000/-

Been waiting to write up in this thread. Finally
Congrats mate!!! Can't believe the delivery date is 6 months from now!!! People are gulping up diesel amaze like anything. I also think it may have to do with honda's production output too. I hope you get to enjoy amaze before that.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:45   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
Booked my 1st Hyundai ever,

Make : Hyundai
Model : i10
Variant : ERA IRDE
Fuel : Petrol/ CNG
Booking Date : Mar 31, 2013
Delivery Date: Apr 22, 2013
Color : Garnet Red
Dealer & City : Koncept Hyundai, New Delhi
Purpose: Anniversary gift for wife

Hyundai say that during that time in April 47XX registration will be available, so I have asked for any one from the 3 no. 4747/ 4774/ 4748
Got my i10 yesterday evening..The reg. no. is 4748..

Most Viewed