Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 19:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Have an Innova, what can replace it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Don't expect an all new Innova, it will just be more refined and will have a few design changes.
I think the new Innova (if any) would not hit Indian roads anytime before mid 2012 as they already must be having their hands full this year ! Even the current Innova has a minimum of 2 month waiting period.

Anyways if a new one comes out this year only with minor cosmetic changes, one may get their old (now current) innova modified after taking your design advice !
Old 20th February 2011, 22:22   #32

Re: Have an Innova, what can replace it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Comfortable seating for 7/8 persons - there is no alternative to Innova. Xylo has a bit more last row space but the poor body control translates in more fatigue for driven and passenger. Also unsure if you will like the general fit and finish after getting used to Innova. Other options like scorpio are too cramped and Tavera doesnt stand a chance in the fit and finish race.

I would suggest that you have a look at the new Innova VX model - it is a bit loaded compared to the G3 you currently own and see if you like it.

Coming back to your situation, why do you want to replace your car - it is going to last another 150000 kms and 5 years before it becomes less relaible. Innnova's are known to last for 400000 kms before engine overhauls and generally age well.
Sir, A colleague of mine is upgrading to a Fortuner and wants to sell his 2005 Innova 2.5V. It has done 200000 kms but is very well maintained. Do you think I can get another 1 lac kms over it without any major work? And what would be a right offer?
Old 22nd February 2011, 00:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuice View Post
Sir, A colleague of mine is upgrading to a Fortuner and wants to sell his 2005 Innova 2.5V. It has done 200000 kms but is very well maintained. Do you think I can get another 1 lac kms over it without any major work? And what would be a right offer?
I have used Innova taxis that have done 280000 kms w/o any major work apart from tire changes. So the probability of a well maintained Innova doing 300000 kms is pretty high. Of course you should take it to the Toyota dealership for a quick inspection as well as service history to be doubly sure. Parts like suspension, TBelt, clutch etc are likely to fail if not replaced/repaired already.

About the price, my guess is something between INR 4 to 5 lakhs might be an ok price. carwale can give you a price quote based on the car details.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 22nd February 2011 at 00:45.
Old 23rd February 2011, 22:48   #34
BHPian

I had been speaking to my service guys at Nandi and the feedback I got is that cars sold during the earlier days - 2004/5 to 2006 has issues with the metal used on the body - the body tend to rust pretty fast (there are some on mine too).

Hence the advice is to dispose and look for an alternative. Being a Toyota user since 2004 (Qualis & Innova), I just got very comfy with the reliability and support the vehicle provides. I have had a couple of life threatening accidents and none of us inside the car had anything more than a scratch. The car happily took all the impact.

All said and done ... I am confused!
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:14   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I have used Innova taxis that have done 280000 kms w/o any major work apart from tire changes. So the probability of a well maintained Innova doing 300000 kms is pretty high. Of course you should take it to the Toyota dealership for a quick inspection as well as service history to be doubly sure. Parts like suspension, TBelt, clutch etc are likely to fail if not replaced/repaired already.

About the price, my guess is something between INR 4 to 5 lakhs might be an ok price. carwale can give you a price quote based on the car details.
Thanks for your observation. I will check all records from the nearest Toyota Dealer.. Right! I had a figure of INR 4.5L in mind.
Old 21st October 2011, 01:08   #36
BHPian

Any chance of the 2012 Innova getting automatic transmission??
Old 21st October 2011, 20:11   #37
BHPian

Merc R class if one can afford it. The level of comfort of an Innova is very difficult to match and my personal feeling is that there is no car in the similar price bracket which can effectively replace an Innova.
Old 17th July 2012, 02:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajajm View Post
Any chance of the 2012 Innova getting automatic transmission??
Nothing can replace an the comfort, reliability and practicality of an Innova. Since your car has done only 80K and 80K for an Innova is nothing I suggest you use it for another year and a half and replace it with the next gen Innova. There is nothing special in the current Innova and you would be paying nearly double the cost of your Innova. I think the next gen Innova will get an automatic.
Old 17th July 2012, 13:31   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
'A Innova can only replace a Innova'
I was about to type the exact same line. Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 11th November 2012, 11:56   #40
BHPian

In fact my dad and myself were just discussing this. What car to replace our aging innova. But nothing seems to meet most of the requirements. looks like we may go for innova again. I will be keenly following this thread now
Old 11th November 2012, 12:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
In fact my dad and myself were just discussing this. What car to replace our aging innova. But nothing seems to meet most of the requirements. looks like we may go for innova again. I will be keenly following this thread now
If you can wait for some time, please do. The Avanza is expected to be launched with a 12-14 lac price tag and Innova will move to an up-market MUV. There is really a huge gap for MUVs between 16-50 lacs and Innova will be proced close to 20 lacs OTR for the next gen innova.
Old 11th November 2012, 13:30   #42
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If you can wait for some time, please do. The Avanza is expected to be launched with a 12-14 lac price tag and Innova will move to an up-market MUV. There is really a huge gap for MUVs between 16-50 lacs and Innova will be proced close to 20 lacs OTR for the next gen innova.
In my opinion, the current Innova itself is overpriced by a couple of lakhs. So if Innova gets re-positioned in the 20L OTR bracket, might not be be best move by Toyota.

Also, are you suggesting that the OP should wait for Avanza or the new Innova? Wouldn't Avanza be a downgrade for him, if Toyota indeed positions Innova upwards?

Last edited by SDP : 11th November 2012 at 13:31.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 15:27   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
In my opinion, the current Innova itself is overpriced by a couple of lakhs. So if Innova gets re-positioned in the 20L OTR bracket, might not be be best move by Toyota.

Also, are you suggesting that the OP should wait for Avanza or the new Innova? Wouldn't Avanza be a downgrade for him, if Toyota indeed positions Innova upwards?
Right !!

I was referring to a lateral upgrade (Avanza top model and Innova current model would cost the same OTR).

Upgrade would be best to the next gen Innova which will be more of a premium vehicle with more luxury features and almost certain auto box.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 13:18   #44
BHPian

Posting here. Our 2006 Innova G4 has been replaced by Innova Gx. No other alternative seemed viable.
Old 27th March 2013, 03:41   #45
BHPian

Hehe nice way of doing it - Innova for an Innova! Actually I love changes and simply can't think of buying the same car again, but my bro in Canada replaced his 2yr VW Golf with a new one, and I couldn't believe that either...

Here in India, I love to change cars every other year, buy one, sell another, and move on

But, anyway even i probably can't suggest a better replacement, because although XUV 500 is a good option, it isn't as spacious, comfortable, and reliable as Innova. New Rexton could have been a good choice, but that's almost at double the price again!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks