Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 14:18   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Nookala.Vinod,

That day will come when my MM540XD has
1) XD3P-2A FIP
2) RCBT PS
3) Front Locker
4) New Tyres
5) MM550XD Tail Gate
6) MM550XD windscreen assy. (Natural HVAC)

Regards,

Arka
Ofcourse, VN, you forgot to add one important point that cant be listed here. You and I are already in it on all fours!!! and Arka is ...
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 14:59   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,358
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Arka ,please let me know if i am right

1) XD3P-2A FIP - Bolero or scorpio Engine?
2) RCBT PS - Power steering ok, but what is RCBT?
3) Front Locker - will this make both R&L wheels go in the same speed?
4) New Tyres - understood will cost 15-20k
5) MM550XD Tail Gate - what big difference is it going to make ?
6) MM550XD windscreen assy. (Natural HVAC) - I dont know if it is difficult to get it but you can always get it from pudhupet

All the best for the upgrades, and that day your Jeep will ROCK ! Palar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Nookala.Vinod,

That day will come when my MM540XD has
1) XD3P-2A FIP
2) RCBT PS
3) Front Locker
4) New Tyres
5) MM550XD Tail Gate
6) MM550XD windscreen assy. (Natural HVAC)

Regards,

Arka
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 15:25   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 410 Times
Default Painting in light Years awayyyyy!:-)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Nookala.Vinod,

That day will come when my MM540XD has
1) XD3P-2A FIP
2) RCBT PS
3) Front Locker
4) New Tyres
5) MM550XD Tail Gate
6) MM550XD windscreen assy. (Natural HVAC)

Regards,

Arka
This would ensure that a two coat paint is a year away!!Errr....not a year away, may be years away, i forgot Portal axle upgrade on your jeep
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 15:28   #139
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,167
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Arka ,please let me know if i am right

2) RCBT PS - Power steering ok, but what is RCBT?
Re-circulating ball type (power steering)

-Biju
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 15:28   #140
BHPian
 
matchless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Hi Arka,

Which winch are u planing to install ?
matchless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 18:29   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Dual

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
This would ensure that a two coat paint is a year away!!Errr....not a year away, may be years away, i forgot Portal axle upgrade on your jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchless View Post
Hi Arka,

Which winch are u planing to install ?
@ Nookala.Vinod PORTAL AXLEs on the NGCS MM550XD

@ Matchless - the same old Chinese One maybe a dual Motor Setup
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 18:35   #142
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,492
Thanked: 6,771 Times
Default

Arka your jeep is just awesome, somehow i just love the unassuming looks with all the goodies underneath/inside etc. A perfect body would spoil the character for me
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 14:42   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,358
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
@ Nookala.Vinod PORTAL AXLEs on the NGCS MM550XD

@ Matchless - the same old Chinese One maybe a dual Motor Setup

Arka ,

you are yet to answer me. Points 1 and 3
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 17:15   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Arka ,please let me know if i am right

1) XD3P-2A FIP - Bolero or scorpio Engine?
2) RCBT PS - Power steering ok, but what is RCBT?
3) Front Locker - will this make both R&L wheels go in the same speed?
4) New Tyres - understood will cost 15-20k
5) MM550XD Tail Gate - what big difference is it going to make ?
6) MM550XD windscreen assy. (Natural HVAC) - I dont know if it is difficult to get it but you can always get it from pudhupet

All the best for the upgrades, and that day your Jeep will ROCK ! Palar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Arka ,

you are yet to answer me. Points 1 and 3
Hi Joshguy,

Point#1 what have I written?

Point#3 What is a Locker?

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 07:38   #145
BHPian
 
fiery enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN 01
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Guys,


The following work was done

1) Engine
i) Changed Vale Stem Seal.
ii) FIP Hub gear/pinion. Was the cause of erratic firing and and delayed starts, after this change the strating is crisp, engine feels revitailsed.
iii) Chain Tensioner. (Timing Case)
iv) Main Bearing Oil Seal (Crankshaft).
v) Oil-Cooler Assy.
Can you elaborate on the Oil- Cooler Assy work?

I thought the XD did not come with the Oil cooler?
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 05:59   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NJ & Pune
Posts: 52
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

This thread has been a great learning experience, for rookies like me. Thanks for sharing the information. All your mod's are very encouraging
xtremedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 11:42   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Oil Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Can you elaborate on the Oil- Cooler Assy work?

I thought the XD did not come with the Oil cooler?
Hi Bala,

The MM550XDs were fitted with an Oil Cooler Assembly. The same was carried over to the XD3P Bolero's in 2006 and even there on the SZ2600 and NEF2.49 TCIC.

You can seen the Oil Cooler on imported Peugeot Diesels (XD2S)

This assembly fits on the Oil Filter bracket and the Oil Filter Sits on top of this.

A direct Water Line inlet is connect from the Engine Head and the Oil Cooler Water Line Out is connected to the Water Pump.

How this works.
1) Oil from the Engine Block goes up to the Filter,
2) After Filtering, it Circulates in the Oil-Cooler
3) In the Oil-Cooler it circulates around coils which has a water jacket.
4) The Heat from the oil is absorbed by the Radiator Water/Coolant.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Spike can correct me if I'm wrong.
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 07:01   #148
BHPian
 
fiery enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN 01
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Bala,

The MM550XDs were fitted with an Oil Cooler Assembly. The same was carried over to the XD3P Bolero's in 2006 and even there on the SZ2600 and NEF2.49 TCIC.

You can seen the Oil Cooler on imported Peugeot Diesels (XD2S)

This assembly fits on the Oil Filter bracket and the Oil Filter Sits on top of this.

A direct Water Line inlet is connect from the Engine Head and the Oil Cooler Water Line Out is connected to the Water Pump.

How this works.
1) Oil from the Engine Block goes up to the Filter,
2) After Filtering, it Circulates in the Oil-Cooler
3) In the Oil-Cooler it circulates around coils which has a water jacket.
4) The Heat from the oil is absorbed by the Radiator Water/Coolant.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Spike can correct me if I'm wrong.
Did the 540XDs have an oil cooler.

Last edited by fiery enzyme : 16th April 2010 at 07:19.
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 09:24   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default Arka

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Did the 540XDs have an oil cooler.
Its seems like mine didn't.

SAAAAAR!!!!!!, If the MM540XD had an Oil Cooler why would I fit one which was fitted on Army MM550XD and Civilian Bolero's?

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 00:08   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 679 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
How this works.
1) Oil from the Engine Block goes up to the Filter,
2) After Filtering, it Circulates in the Oil-Cooler
3) In the Oil-Cooler it circulates around coils which has a water jacket.
4) The Heat from the oil is absorbed by the Radiator Water/Coolant.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Spike can correct me if I'm wrong.
Arka, i think there is a slight correction to this. The oil delivered to the oil cooler after getting cooled comes on to the other side of the element. The filtered oil then goes through the centre of the oil filter and is connected to the main oil gallery. Bypass valves are usually incorporated into this circuit.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Jeep - MM540XD Transformed! dhanushs 4x4 Vehicles 64 16th July 2017 08:26
My Jeep Story Continues! Now, the MM540XD dhanushs 4x4 Vehicles 197 3rd October 2013 20:04
Problems after converting MM540XD 2WD to 4WD HJ13 4x4 Technical 44 27th January 2012 16:41
To upgrade or not to upgrade? Steeroid Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 22 20th June 2007 19:13
Audio system upgrade for Octavia Ambiente cruise_control In-Car Entertainment 7 14th September 2004 17:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks