Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 11:40   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyaneesh View Post
Hello Rajeevraj,

Was your software up to date? I guess the recent patch was released in may or june which included a Bluetooth version update. Please update it if not done already.
Thanks, I have actually never updated the software since i purchased it (Nov 2013). Couple of updates post purchase did not seem to have annything major. So did not bother much. Then lost track of the updates.

Will update and check it out.
Old 17th August 2015, 23:35   #167

Friends, today I updated the firmware of my P835 with the latest updates available on the BP website and look what happened. I request fellow members to help me recover my system or else doomed.
Attached Thumbnails
Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?-blaupunkt-philadelphia1.jpg  

Old 18th August 2015, 15:26   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black diamond View Post
... today I updated the firmware of my P835 with the latest updates available on the BP website and look what happened. ...
Talk to Blaupunkt service in India, or send Blaupunkt an email. Something tanked while in the update process.
Old 18th August 2015, 16:40   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black diamond View Post
Friends, today I updated the firmware of my P835 with the latest updates available on the BP website and look what happened. I request fellow members to help me recover my system or else doomed.
You can also try requesting for help via blaupunkt India Facebook page. I had purchased mine via the contact they had provided and they were pretty responsive.
Old 18th August 2015, 21:16   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You can also try requesting for help via blaupunkt India Facebook page. I had purchased mine via the contact they had provided and they were pretty responsive.
Thanks a lot for your response. Today, I got a call from the corporate office of BP at Mumbai. They have suggested me to send the unit to their office at Mumbai for repairs. They said that the entire process will take about 10 days. I have decided to accept their suggestion and send the unit through a reliable courier. I will update the group as soon as I receive the unit. Regards.
Old 19th August 2015, 01:15   #171
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using this headunit on the jetta highline? I am considering the BP835 for my jetta highline and just want to make sure everything including the OPS would work properly. Also can anyone who has bought the headunit recently can please share the cost? Would be helpful.
Old 25th August 2015, 20:17   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Anyone using this headunit on the jetta highline? I am considering the BP835 for my jetta highline and just want to make sure everything including the OPS would work properly. Also can anyone who has bought the headunit recently can please share the cost? Would be helpful.
Snapdeal has it for ~ 39K
Old 26th August 2015, 00:31   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Snapdeal has it for ~ 39K
Yeah i saw, Considering the gap between BP 835 and dynavin is hardly 10-11k, Dynavin seems to be a better choice, But i am still keeping a check on snapdeal if they are offering it at a lower price at any point of time, I think anywhere between 30k Would be a really tempting price.
Old 26th August 2015, 14:01   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah i saw, Considering the gap between BP 835 and dynavin is hardly 10-11k, Dynavin seems to be a better choice, But i am still keeping a check on snapdeal if they are offering it at a lower price at any point of time, I think anywhere between 30k Would be a really tempting price.
Do you know which model of Dynavin would work with Vento ?
Old 26th August 2015, 20:38   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you know which model of Dynavin would work with Vento ?
Dynavin N6 from the VW series will work with all the VW models, Polo, Vento, Jetta, Passat etc.
Old 27th August 2015, 14:09   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Dynavin N6 from the VW series will work with all the VW models, Polo, Vento, Jetta, Passat etc.
Later I searched for the same and got that info , Only problem with new generation Vento's is that they have disabled the OPS module and you would have to install a reverse camera along with wiring. With Jetta i don't think you would have any problem , i would suggest you go for Dynavin. The software used in P835 seems a legacy one

Last edited by csnanjappa : 27th August 2015 at 14:12.
Old 27th August 2015, 17:08   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Later I searched for the same and got that info , Only problem with new generation Vento's is that they have disabled the OPS module and you would have to install a reverse camera along with wiring. With Jetta i don't think you would have any problem , i would suggest you go for Dynavin. The software used in P835 seems a legacy one
Yes, Jetta and passat would not have any issues and everything would work like a charm, I am too keen on getting a dynavin, But nearly 50k makes me think is it worth it? New shoes and a remap is possible by just adding a little more to the 50k and it would enhance the driving pleasure by a lot.
Old 29th September 2015, 22:45   #178
BHPian

Hello.

I've bought the new Facelift Vento Comfortline recently.
I want to upgrade to the BP 835 but have some queries :

Is it a simple swap job with the RCD 220 ?
Does the comfortline have OPS and canbus ?
And does the BP 835 support OPS and Canbus or do I need to get a separate module for the same ?

Thanking you
Regards
Old 1st October 2015, 16:51   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Hello.

I've bought the new Facelift Vento Comfortline recently.
I want to upgrade to the BP 835 but have some queries :

Is it a simple swap job with the RCD 220 ?
Does the comfortline have OPS and canbus ?
And does the BP 835 support OPS and Canbus or do I need to get a separate module for the same ?

Thanking you
Regards
The BP835 comes with multiple connectors to fit various VW cars and variants, so it should be a fairly straight forward job (I don't know for sure because mine is a Highline).
The highline no longer comes with an OPS module, so I seriously doubt the comfortline will have it. I'd think all VW cars will have canbus to varying degrees of complexity -- if your car has steering controls, for example, then the BP835 will be able to interface directly with the car controls.
Yes the BP835 supports OPS but the car no longer has it. A reversing camera works as well, if not better. The OPS module can't be installed from outside easily. Canbus is a car-wide network which controls various functions and sensors, it's not one module and there is no way to get it installed.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 02:09   #180
BHPian

Can someone help me out here. I have Rainbow SL C6.2 components, Beat 4 amp, Rockford R1S4 - 12 sub, Rockford R250X4 amp, Pioneer components and a pioneer HU installed in my Brio.

Now I want to upgrade the stock system of Jetta HL 2012 model. What possible combinations can I make ?

1. Buying a 1-2k rs. Bluetooth device and using it through the ipod connector and adding a sub and an amp. Can I expect any sound improvement with this ? Also the steering controls will work with these kind of devices ?

2. Buying Blaupunkt 835 and adding one sub and one amp with the stock speakers. Maybe I can use my existing amp in this and just buy a new sub.

3. Blaupunkt 835 + Rainbow comps and beat 4 amp from Brio and a new sub woofer. Disconnecting all the stock speakers.

4. Blaupunkt 835 + Rainbow comps and beat 4 amp from Brio and a new sub woofer combined with the remaining stock speakers.

Can you guys please suggest me some options ? Brio is going to be up for sale soon and taking out the Rainbows will be a good deal in my opinion. But if good quality can be had with the stock speakers then that is my preferred choice here.

Also what happens to the RCD 510 ? Can I sell it somewhere ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks