Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 14:56   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Any Blau users on this forum? would really appreciate some first hand report on the Maui MP36 and THc172.
We have Maui HU in our Innova..with stock speakers and its sounding good...
Very easy to use controls..
Old 4th June 2007, 23:14   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very easy to use controls..
I would vouch for that, unlike Pioneer, Blau is very easy to understand and live with all controls are well placed and functions are quite simple.
Old 6th June 2007, 15:49   #603
BHPian

speaker recommendation

I have bough a Pioneer 6950 HU and now I am looking to buy speakers to install in the Front doors and in the back (not in the back doors). I am planning to put Component speakers in the front and Coaxial in the back.

Can anyone suggest me the right combination for these speakers? i am lookings for details like Watts and 2-way or 3-way or 4-way speakers.

From this thread i understand that JBL and Pioneer are the brands which would fit my budget. I have invested 6.5k for the HU and now I can afford another 9k for the speakers. so pls suggest me speakers in these range.

thanks.
Old 6th June 2007, 16:55   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
i am lookings for details like Watts and 2-way or 3-way or 4-way speakers.
Don't go for specifications. Listen to your ears (I guess this is what experts will say).

For speakers at front, you can either get JBL GTO 607 or Hertz DSK 165 - both at 6k.

For rear get JBL GTO 637 or Hertz DSC 165 - 3k to 3.5k . If you want to install rear ones on tray then get 6x9 ovals JBL GTO 937 or Hertz DCX 690. Ovals are a bit costlier than 6.5 inches round speakers.
Old 6th June 2007, 17:37   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Don't go for specifications. Listen to your ears (I guess this is what experts will say).

For speakers at front, you can either get JBL GTO 607 or Hertz DSK 165 - both at 6k.

For rear get JBL GTO 637 or Hertz DSC 165 - 3k to 3.5k . If you want to install rear ones on tray then get 6x9 ovals JBL GTO 937 or Hertz DCX 690. Ovals are a bit costlier than 6.5 inches round speakers.
@austere_sly: Thanks for the suggestion. my problem is i will not be purchasing the speakers by myself, I will be asking my friend to do the purchase from coimbatore. since this is the first time Iam doing ICE for my Vdi, I am not sure abt the size and other specifications for the speakers.

Anyway, if i get feedback from the you guys who already have experience with ICE for Swift models, then it would be easy for me to choose a right one.

i have seen the models you have listed .i have just seen the pictures in the following link "http://europe.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=GTO607C&cat=GTS&ser=GTS",
for the front speakers.

it has three parts for the GTO 607 series. now I have one doubt , JBL GTO 607 Compo speakers has one round speakers - which can be fitted in the door and there is one tweeter - which can be fitted on top of Dashboard but where should be the other speaker fitted? the one which looks like the Alien space ship?
Old 6th June 2007, 18:16   #606
Senior - BHPian

I was under impression that Hertz is costlier than JBL, but these prices are same for both... Are these lower models from Hertz?
Old 6th June 2007, 18:26   #607
BHPian

yeah hertz's Deici series is priced lowest among other models. But it also sounds very good. I have the comp and coax and SQ is good.
Old 6th June 2007, 18:58   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
I am not sure abt the size and other specifications for the speakers.
Swift stock location has space for 6" speakers, but 6.5" can be easily accommodated with the help of spacers.

Quote:
where should be the other speaker fitted? the one which looks like the Alien space ship?
Its a crossover and not a speaker. It will send higher frequency to the tweeters and lower frequency to the woofer. It doesn't need to be in the open and can be easily put under dashboard or inside of door panels.
Old 6th June 2007, 19:27   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Many thanks Navin. I think i'll not go for the sub right now... since i'm taking a 4 channel amp, i can always add a sub later and power the rear co-ax's from the HU.

Any Blau users on this forum? would really appreciate some first hand report on the Maui MP36 and THc172.
which 4 channel amp? Dnt get any pathetic ones
Old 6th June 2007, 22:11   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The GTO 1202 costs about 3K more than the 4-12. In a sealed box it will do well if you can afford the difference. The 4-12 is a VFM sub. Real good VFM.
First of all thanks a lot Navinji, you were the only one to reply to my post.
By the way for now can i connect GTO1202 sub directly to my present amp(GTO75.4) in bridged mode or should i go for a mono block amp now??
Which monoblock amp is good for the above mentioned sub JBL GTO301.1 or JBL GTO601.1.

Waiting for your reply to make a decision,

Thanks,
Vijay
Old 6th June 2007, 22:41   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
which 4 channel amp? Dnt get any pathetic ones
I'm going for JBL 60.4... can't afford the 75.4 unfortunately :(
Old 6th June 2007, 23:07   #612
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
First of all thanks a lot Navinji, you were the only one to reply to my post.
thank you. The thanks I get is all I need to keep me going. Thank you Vijay and Wimwian. BTW treat my advise with a table spoon of salt. I am not a Pro or Guru.

Last edited by navin : 6th June 2007 at 23:09.
Old 6th June 2007, 23:41   #613
BHPian

Hear hear... when Navin says he's not a Guru, its time for the rest of us to pack up and take a hike up the himalayas

This is one forum where complete novices like me come in search of a 'budget' system within 10K and end up selling their shirts in that elusive quest for SQ... and I must confess Navin, u've been one of the culprits!!

PS: no offense, all in jest
Old 6th June 2007, 23:45   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
By the way for now can i connect GTO1202 sub directly to my present amp(GTO75.4) in bridged mode or should i go for a mono block amp now??
Which monoblock amp is good for the above mentioned sub JBL GTO301.1 or JBL GTO601.1.
Hello Vijay.

The GTO1202D is a dual 2 ohm sub. You can connect it successfully to the 75.4 bridged or the 301.1.
In both cases make sure you connect it as 2 series 2 = 4 ohms.

The 601.1 will be overkill.
Old 6th June 2007, 23:46   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@wimwian, I used to be a Blau fan

I have listened to the THc172 (installed in an Accent) a while back and they're not bad. No particular characteristics to mention specifically, but they do have that slight metallic sounding signature that I think all Blau speakers have. They are definitely worth a listen-and-see.

Blau HUs are not particularly VFM at the B&W prices. The HU sounds quite ok and Blau's service simply great.
Thanks Hydra, unfortunately haven't found anybody in Kolkata who can gimme a demo of the THc172s... even the blau demo shop doesn't have them set up so as of now, i'm going with the JBL's

Still trying to make a choice between the Pio and Blau HU's... the Pio comes with a lot more features and sounds more VFM... but i'm in love with the Maui design... also, not sure how many of those Pio features i'll end up using... damn, this is tough!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks