Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2007, 23:46   #1
BHPian

JBL Authorised Distributors. sealed enclosure

hi guys,

can anyone tell me if there is a jbl dealer in jalandhar or anywhere in punjab.
and please let me know the price for jbl components and amplifiers in detail with specs if possible. also is hertz available in punjab? if yes, please let me know the place.

gunbir ji, i wanna get my installation done by you. otherwise i will do it my self. please let me know your contact info if possible so i can speak to you on the phone.

and 1 more thing, i have vented enclosure for my pio 306c sub. please clear my doubts. what will be the effect on the sound if i use a sealed enclosure with the above sub. dont know why but the idea of using sealed enclosure does not sound right to me. i have never listened to a sealed encl. i have an enclosure for two 12" subs with partitioning which im not using. it should be1 to 1.25 cu/ft(vented). if i plug the vent and make it a sealed enclosure , will it sound better? i like low bass. for e.g. when i was using this enclosure the lows were like...i couldnt feel the bass but could hear it. the song was usher - yeah. can a sealed enclosure go low? please clear my doubts.

i really used to think that i was quite good at ice but not anymore. im nowhere even close to you guys. all thank to tbhp i know where i currently stand in the ice world. im a rookie and iam really happy accepting this fact.
i have really learned alot from you guys.

i really wanna tell you guys that i dont know what really good sq is. as you know that the installers in punjab are crap(pioneer pioneer and pioneer and little bit of sony). i want to listen to a good sq ice system so i know what it really is all about.

thanks

rishabh sehgal
Old 7th February 2007, 23:51   #2
BHPian

and one more thing...how do i calculate the volume of my enclosure as it not a rectangle. the front whhere the sub are mounted are slanting inside at a an angle of about 70 - 80 degrees.

thanks
Old 8th February 2007, 00:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

angle is not required for calculation...the dimension are only required...here is a simple calculater for the same.....

Woofer Enclosures - Fraction to Decimal - Parallel - Series - Port Length and Volume Calculators
Old 8th February 2007, 00:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

use pythogaros therom for the triangular part and add to the volume of the remaining rectangular part.
Old 8th February 2007, 00:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
i have vented enclosure for my pio 306c sub. please clear my doubts. what will be the effect on the sound if i use a sealed enclosure with the above sub. dont know why but the idea of using sealed enclosure does not sound right to me. i have never listened to a sealed encl. i have an enclosure for two 12" subs with partitioning which im not using. it should be1 to 1.25 cu/ft(vented). if i plug the vent and make it a sealed enclosure , will it sound better? i like low bass. for e.g. when i was using this enclosure the lows were like...i couldnt feel the bass but could hear it. the song was usher - yeah. can a sealed enclosure go low? please clear my doubts.
Rishab, I have heard that Pioneer sub in a properly designed sealed box and with good power going into it it can get loud and low. But dont expect a lot texture / layers / speed in the bass with this sub... It produces what is called "One Note Bass". I have found the Pioneer sub good VFM but then its like the M800, you dont have many options at that price, hence the VFM label. Having seen first hand what installers in your area are capable of, I also doubt your vented box is properly designed.

If you really want better bass consider some sub options from JBL, Hertz, Alpine etc.

Last edited by gunbir : 8th February 2007 at 00:59.
Old 8th February 2007, 10:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

clipto, you'll find price details of JBL components here: Shop Online; Gift in India: ,* Automobiles,* Car Electronics,* Car Speakers, Subwoofers, Boxes,* Buy mobile phones, Gift Flowers, Buy Indian Apparel, Buy Books in India, Buy Cameras

About JBL amps, these are a few off the top of my head. The prices maybe a little off, (and I may not have mentioned all models) and maybe Sam can comment?
CS300.1 = 10,000/- (Monoblock)
GTO601.1 = 20,000/- (Monoblock)
CS60.2 = 7,000/- (2-channel)
CS60.4 = 9,000/- (4-channel)
GTO75.4 = 13,000/- (4-channel)
GTO75.2 = Not sure. 8000/-? (2-channel)

These are approx prices of Hertz components, off the top of my head: Again, the prices maybe a little off. Could Gunbir or JB comment?

DSK165 (6.5" 2-way Components) - 6,500/- (?)
ESK165 (6.5" 2-way Components) - 9,100/-
HSK165 (6.5" 2-way Components) - 15,300/-
Old 8th February 2007, 11:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
These are approx prices of Hertz components, off the top of my head: Again, the prices maybe a little off. Could Gunbir or JB comment?

DSK165 (6.5" 2-way Components) - 6,500/- (?)
ESK165 (6.5" 2-way Components) - 9,100/-
HSK165 (6.5" 2-way Components) - 15,300/-
All ok except...

DSK165 (6.5" 2-way Components) - 6,000/-
Old 8th February 2007, 12:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi guys,

can anyone tell me if there is a jbl dealer in jalandhar or anywhere in punjab.

gunbir ji, i wanna get my installation done by you. otherwise i will do it my self. please let me know your contact info if possible so i can speak to you on the phone.

yes, there is a JBL dealer in Ludhiana. Punjab Enterprises.
For phone No. refer back page of any Autocar where Sam puts up those Big Ads.

And regarding Install from BBW, GREAT MAN..!!!
GO FOR IT!!
Old 8th February 2007, 12:59   #9
BHPian

Hey Clipto333 , I Sam Kapasi would be able to help you get the dealers number in Punjab. Sam is one of the Members on this forum and very helpful though.
Old 8th February 2007, 14:46   #10
BHPian

hi guys,

thank alot for the replies. one more thing..will the hertz DSK 165 fit in the front door of accent? actually it really fits in my budget. but i have infinity 6x9 rears and i have been quoted 9.8k for infinity comps which i cannot afford as i have to buy an amp and maybe 2 subs. im selling my rears, and wanna get the same fronts and rear brands for a good match. so please can anyone help me out with the price for hertz rears or should i go for jbl. also might replace the subs so please suggest with prices..in 4-6k.

thanks alot guys

rishabh sehgal
Old 8th February 2007, 15:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Was wondering if Sam(ji) did not see this thread.
Hey clipto, its better you pm Sam_kapasi, he is the brand director for JBL in india. Who else can get you any better info??
Also, he can get you some discounts too or may be atleast jbl car perfume
Old 8th February 2007, 15:58   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Did someone mention my name?

clipto you seems to be getting good advice so far. All is good.
Hydra we dont sell 75.2 in India.
Old 8th February 2007, 16:01   #13
BHPian

hi,

how much do damping mats cost? also how to water proof the doors? i opened the door trim, the oem speaker surrounds were eaten away by water.
the metal part was rusted. so before installing the comps i would like to wp the doors. please help..

thanks
Old 8th February 2007, 16:10   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Did someone mention my name?
hi sam,

how much do the jbl subs with enclosure cost and can i fit 2 of them in the boot of my accent. i just saw the gto series GTO1204BR and GTO1200B on the website of jbl they look great. are they better than pioneer subs? and is the price for 75.4 with b/w. and where should i buy them from? discount??? i love this word. lol
Old 8th February 2007, 16:18   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

OK clipto, let me guide you on posting rules first.
There's no need to make multiple posts in a few minuts. You can edit your posts for a good 15mins after you post them.

There are many JBL enclosures that are sold in India. GTO1200B has been disconned.
There is CS1004T(10"tube). CS1204T(12"tube), CS1204(12" sealed), GTO1204BR(12" bass reflex), GTO1204BP-D (dual 12" bandpass)

You can see and buy them from good JBL dealers. I do not know about Jalandhar, but my guess is there should be someone there. if you find a JBL dealer, tell him you know me that that should sort you out for prices.
Or you can call Balmeet singh in delhi, he handles the sales in Punjab. 9910122226. He loves to speak in punjabi, lol

is JBL better than Pioneer? Many think so.. But no brand is better than another - in any case, to each his own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks