Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 02:32   #121

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I think what the problem you are facing is,there is too much power that you have dedicated to your subwoofer section but relatively less power going to your fronts,so the sub(bass) would be overpowering the fronts.Why dont you get components which can handle more power or bridge the channels of the amp and use them for the fronts(only if the fronts can handle it,provided you are using a 4 channel amp).
cheers!!
And me an idv3.....noo!!More of an idq person
Old 28th October 2008, 11:12   #122
Senior - BHPian

I Am using a 4 channel just to power the 2 components up front.

Thinking of 2 different monos pretty soon.
Old 28th October 2008, 12:35   #123
BANNED

Pari ke baap!
You're overdoing it, baba. Use the JBL 608 components for the rear and see if you're happy with the sound.
Your bass section is already too overpowering. Another mono will only imbalance the setup more. Will not recommend it.
Old 28th October 2008, 13:09   #124
Senior - BHPian

LOL Zak
next on my hit list is 2 Ground Zero Hydrogens , powered by a bigger amp.

Before that , will upgrade my components of the front and put compos/rear fills at the back.

Lets see when does my budget allow me to do so.
Old 28th October 2008, 15:44   #125
Senior - BHPian

arre instead of this just do a mini monster thingy man.get in contact with pete and burn the roads with something close to 300bhp.It'll be the fastest pari(devil) on the orad.something like liz hurley in bedazzled.
Old 28th October 2008, 15:53   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
LOL Zak
next on my hit list is 2 Ground Zero Hydrogens , powered by a bigger amp.

Before that , will upgrade my components of the front and put compos/rear fills at the back.

Lets see when does my budget allow me to do so.
First it was SAM, and now abhinav seems like the ICE fever is spreading in Delhi and NCR. I still have not got an audition my friend. People are upgrading before the previous equipment is playing at full potential.
Old 28th October 2008, 16:01   #127
BANNED

Whenever an ICE bug bites somebody, the first thing which goes for a toss is one's brains. Then goes the wallet.

I'm absolutely sure that Abhinav's ICE is more than sufficient for the boom requirements. It can be done better for SQ requirements as well. No need to think of an upgrade at this moment, baba! Atleast on the equipment side.
Old 28th October 2008, 16:30   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
arre instead of this just do a mini monster thingy man.get in contact with pete and burn the roads with something close to 300bhp.It'll be the fastest pari(devil) on the orad.something like liz hurley in bedazzled.
The engine mods only after 2 years on the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
First it was SAM, and now abhinav seems like the ICE fever is spreading in Delhi and NCR. I still have not got an audition my friend. People are upgrading before the previous equipment is playing at full potential.
It surely has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Whenever an ICE bug bites somebody, the first thing which goes for a toss is one's brains. Then goes the wallet.

I'm absolutely sure that Abhinav's ICE is more than sufficient for the boom requirements. It can be done better for SQ requirements as well. No need to think of an upgrade at this moment, baba! Atleast on the equipment side.
I guess your ears are still paining with all that bang bang eh?
Old 29th October 2008, 05:57   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
I think what the problem you are facing is,there is too much power that you have dedicated to your subwoofer section
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Use the JBL 608 components for the rear and see if you're happy with the sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
There is a stock location for tweeters in the rear doors.Can any tweeters be used with the amp ( 4 channel )
Abhinav, if you dont mind I'll suggest a few general tips.

1. In most cases using speakers with the same sound signature all around helps with the soundstage
2. It is not how much power your front components have got but how loud they can play without severe compression and distortion. Remember tweeters have a suspension too and this can also be a limiting factor. If you want a balanced sound you need to first concentrate on the front components and bring the sub in later for the bottom 1.5-2 octaves.
3. The 608 will not fit in the stock rear pods. The Octavia does not have space for more than a 13cm woofer in the rear. Also the Octavia's rear tweeter pods are in the front. Damn the car manufacturers just stick a tweeter or woofer pod where they feel like with no consideration for soundstage, coherence etc... I found that with the tweeter in the front and the woofer in the rear it sounded wierd so I put my tweeter pods in the rear too. B&T knows how I installed this so LBM can copy this for you. Yes the rear tweeter will smear off the rear glass but I think this is the lesser of the 2 evils.

Gunbir/LBM and co, if you are seeing this please leave your bickering off the forum it detracts from the topic. And I dont care WHO started it.

BTW just to make you guys jealous I spent the last 4 days listening to 300B monos drving Lowthers supplemented by 845 monos driving stereo custom subs (made by Eminence). Ahh Bliss. Much nicer that those Divali crakcers and no toxic fumes too. :-)
Old 29th October 2008, 07:30   #130
BHPian

off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
BTW just to make you guys jealous I spent the last 4 days listening to 300B monos drving Lowthers supplemented by 845 monos driving stereo custom subs (made by Eminence). Ahh Bliss. Much nicer that those Divali crakcers and no toxic fumes too. :-)
Very interesting - am guessing the Lowthers were horn loaded. What about the subs - cabinets also supplied by Eminence or only the drivers? Any more details you'd like to share on the speakers & amps?
Old 29th October 2008, 20:36   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Very interesting - am guessing the Lowthers were horn loaded. What about the subs - cabinets also supplied by Eminence or only the drivers? Any more details you'd like to share on the speakers & amps?
Not really FB the Lowthers were NOT horn loaded and hence the need for subs. The whole set up looked very DIY. the Lowthers and subs were in seperate cabs none of which were home made. The lowthers were in Mordant Short (MS) cabs and the Subs in what looked like old EV cabs.
Old 30th October 2008, 11:35   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Not really FB the Lowthers were NOT horn loaded and hence the need for subs.
Yes sir! Of course there's no accounting for taste, also the horn would have to be pretty large I'd think ...take the example of Mr. Nelson Pass' efforts (attached image)....the monstrosities pictured go down to 40Hz but he still felt the need to add 2 "El-Pipe-O" subs (black towers between the horns), the "pipes" have four (if I read it correctly) 21" woofers for each pipe at the bottom!

Pic courtesy passdiy.com
Attached Thumbnails
vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity-kleinhorn.jpg  

Last edited by Flying Bong : 30th October 2008 at 11:37.
Old 30th October 2008, 14:40   #133
Senior - BHPian

That enclosure looks quite like a Heating Furnace we'd designed & manufactured for KVS Leh once!
Old 30th October 2008, 14:46   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Mr. Nelson Pass' efforts (attached image)....the monstrosities pictured go down to 40Hz but he still felt the need to add 2 "El-Pipe-O" subs (black towers between the horns), the "pipes" have four (if I read it correctly) 21" woofers for each pipe at the bottom!

Pic courtesy passdiy.com
Wow, thats a very nice space saver bass horn design.
Old 31st October 2008, 19:44   #135
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics.

Power cable , Fuse and illusion crossovers , Thimbles , replaced SUB , bass control knob
More pics to come soon ( of the components and tweeters)
Attached Thumbnails
vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity-dsc02398.jpg  

vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity-dsc02401.jpg  

vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity-dsc02404.jpg  

vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity-dsc02429.jpg  

vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity-dsc02434.jpg  

vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity-picture-001.jpg  

vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity-picture-002.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks