Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 11:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
@Frank- i20 would a big hatch as you wanted, Linea has solid doors as you wanted them to be. Look every car has its own pros and cons, you gotta compromise somewhere. All cars now come with company fitted parcel shelves with integrated speaker positions. As you do not Maruti again, go for the Linea or in the hatch segment the i20.
Regards, Paddy
thank you paddy. i20 is what im considering. but an auto crdi is slowly cementing itself in my mind. the linea is a good option, but reading about the horror stories that the owners are already having with the horrible dealers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@Frank, very nice thread.

I'd vote for the i20 first, and the Getz next. If you absolutely have to go for a sedan, a Verna would be the first choice.

All these cars need minimal damping & have excellent plastics and metal. The windshield is pretty deep enough. All these will take 6.5" midbasses up front.

For ICE, go for a hatch. Since engine-vengine is irrelevant, go for the i20.
verna CRdi auto is not fitting in the budget. plus, it looks quite toothy and i honestly would prefer something newer. like the i20 you suggested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
I'd humbly suggest -
Hatch - Grand Punto if you can wait till the 3rd quarter, i20 in second place

Sedan - Optra would be my first choice, Linea a close second

Other - Safari I've heard some great setups in safaris and all the space means you can load her up, hell with "front" soundstage, the entire car will be your stage for sound...
grande punto sounds good, but knowing fiat, anything can happen. i dont want to be carless for more than 3-4 months!
optra is OLD now. and the safari is too large and unreliable. tata vehicles may be built like a tank, but their PDI guys sure need to be fired before I start buying any of their vehicles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
@frank go for Optra Magnum Max (Diesel) varient or the petrol varients, all are under 9lac OTR price range. plust internal dynamics of Optra generates / supports great sound effect. IMHO

Above all, i understand that you do not have any criteria for car this time, but you will get a good car to drive as a by product of your intitiative.

And needless to say insulation in Optra is really good. Absolutely no noise from outside.
yes, i've driven an optra. good sound insulation. but poor resale value and high cost of spares is a problem.(chevrolet!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
verna or optra for a sedan and i20 for a hatch (wait for the 1.4petrol or 1.4diesel, that way even your engine would be set )
has anyone actually ICED an i20??? i want to hear some nicely iced i20. i've heard bhagwan dada's i10 and if the i20 sounds anywhere close to the i10, then we have a winner on our hands (yes, i know bhagwan has damped the living daylights out of the car, but still, its a good car to begin with!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
I also like the safari setups. My friend (A tbhpian - vedagiri1983) always talks about his ICE in car. He says "It sounds as though i am playing something in a big room". May because of the space. But I never felt the same in a scorpio or any other car in the same category.

But if you against the safari. My suggestion to you is a hatch i.e the getz or i20. I am also upgrading the car keeping ICE in mind thought my ICE is not high funda.
not many people have ICED too many getz's around, have they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
How about the Cedia? Slightly above 9L, but has great interiors, solid build and is a great car to ICE. The build quality of the door panels, plastics etc are top notch. I've heard a couple of Cedia setups, and was thoroughly impressed!
You could also look at a second hand Cedia - this is a great time to pick up a good used car cheap, and the Cedia depreciates quickly anyway. Use the money saved to get those Carbons
cedia is a case of a good car that never sold. agreed, the resale value of a cedia is quite sad! but dad would never buy a second hand car!
still, the engine is not anemic, but it could be better. hence an upgrade of the cedia would be a better car to buy than the actual cedia right now.
Old 8th April 2009, 11:41   #32
Team-BHP Support

From what I have heard, Verna is excellent for ICING. The car requires minimal damping.
Old 8th April 2009, 11:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
...not many people have ICED too many getz's around, have they?...
I guess you have heard my Getz the most. And its without any kind of damping whatsoever. So you can imagine the possibilities of 'your kind of ICE'ing and damping' in a Getz
Old 8th April 2009, 11:48   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
How about the i10 auto? I like Tejas's top of the line asta kappa with a sunroof and abs and airbags
Door panels are too thin. Thumps and vibrates with the OEM speakers. You will need a lot of damping. Otherwise a great city car. Very convenient to drive.

Door panels on i10 and i20 are the same quality. i20 is however, no fun to drive. wait for 1.4 engine on i20 if you considering it.

Don't think the getz crdi will come with an auto option.
Old 8th April 2009, 19:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Oh how could i forget.
Skoda Fabia.
Excellent car to be iced.
Good placements of pods etc i guess.
plus excellent built quality so less need for damping too.

BUT
Its a Skoda! :P
Old 8th April 2009, 23:35   #36
Team-BHP Support

The Honda Jazz is expected soon. Not that Honda's are easy or fun to ICE. Atleast they are reliable.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

The i20
Has the mid bass for the front in the door underneath and the tweeter location where the door handle is.
However looking at it , i do not think that these tweeters would fit there.

If it fits there, the imaging would be perfect IMHO.
It has a decent enough boot to put the amps and the sub in.
Has a double din unit.
However i could not check the rears ( which i think you would not be requiring) and was the one i saw was the top end model which had integrated sound system .

But the other day me and smokin saw a i20 being iced and it looked like just another swift.
The guys were telling me, it was easy to put things in that car.

In that car, a Pioneer 6050 UB Double din , Pioneer compos, Blaupunkt 4 channel amp and a Pioneer Sub was going in.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

thats some very valuable information. thank you abhinav. you dont know how easy you have made it. the i20 has insipid engines, but worth a thought. thanks again abhi!
Old 9th April 2009, 21:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Buy a nano and ice for 8 lakhs Might be tight on space though.

Why not be different and ICE an ambassador?

Cheers
Old 9th April 2009, 21:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

id love to own an ambassador, but when im 55. its definitely not a youth icon and the new amby avigo is a bad attempt at a neo modern car. abhi to mere khelne koodne ke din hai! hehe.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Exactly
Or maybe if i20 came with an Auto. It would have been an absolute killer.

Even the steering controls can be connected.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

ill get the swi jack later. the steering controls is not priority right now though. i have the universal remote: mpr999 thats serving me well and does the job perfectly ok. yes, if i do get to use the controls on the steering, it would be nice!
Old 9th April 2009, 22:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest you to go to a nearby Hyundai showroom and check the car.
Also ask them about updates on the engine front.
If they are bringing in the diesel one, it would be good for you considering you'd like to add a Pete's Box to it.

You can also check out the ice-ing options, locations, HU change option etc.
Old 9th April 2009, 22:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

a friend of mine who drove the i20 said it was sloooow. Getz Crdi ( with 1.1 monograms ) FTW!
Old 9th April 2009, 23:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

If you go for the getz, you would have to cut some part to put the tweeters in.
But then you might have to do with other cars too.

The tweeter pod on the i20 looked small but it might not be in real life.
I'd suggest you to go to the hyundai showroom and check between the 3, i10 , i20 and getz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks