Was it recent?
Somewhat, it was late dec, last year.
Old 29th January 2012, 16:46   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevy Trailblazer to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Somewhat, it was late dec, last year.
Could it have been a Chevrolet Captiva face-lift that was camouflaged? The Captiva is due for a change and was even displayed at the Auto Expo. It would be great if the Trailblazer is introduced here in India, but I'm not sure where it can be slotted. Now that the new Captiva has supposedly grown-up and matured into a 7-seat SUV. Unless of course, Chevy drops the prices of the Captiva and positions the Trailblazer against the likes of The Hyundai Santa-Fe and the larger SUVs.
Old 29th January 2012, 18:10   #33
BHPian

Read in a magazine that the Chevy Trailblazer might be launched in India in the near future. It might come to india from its plant in Thailand. Expected to be priced around 17 lakh.
At that price it could seriously dent the sales of the Endeavour and Fortuner.
Old 29th January 2012, 19:03   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Read in a magazine that the Chevy Trailblazer might be launched in India in the near future. It might come to india from its plant in Thailand. Expected to be priced around 17 lakh.
At that price it could seriously dent the sales of the Endeavour and Fortuner.
If the trailblazer is more expensive to manufacture then the captiva , then i seriously doubt it would be priced at 17 lakhs. I dont know if the trailblazer is based on a basic pick-up truck platform or it will sport a independent rear suspension.I guess pick-up truck derived SUVs are cheaper to make,i could be wrong.

I think the trailblazer is at least a year away, it price will all depend on how chevy repositions the new captiva.
By that time the new Endeavour would be on sale, so chevy cannot price the trailblazer higher then the Endy and the t-fort!

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 29th January 2012 at 19:05.
Old 29th January 2012, 19:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1

If the trailblazer is more expensive to manufacture then the captiva , then i seriously doubt it would be priced at 17 lakhs. I dont know if the trailblazer is based on a basic pick-up truck platform or it will sport a independent rear suspension.I guess pick-up truck derived SUVs are cheaper to make,i could be wrong.
The Trailblazer is based on the Colorado light truck platform. But i'm not sure if pick-up truck derived SUVs are cheaper.
Old 3rd February 2012, 21:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

The Autocar mag has it that they intend positioning the Trailblazer around the 18-25 lac mark which means it is bang in the middle of Captiva, Fortuner, Santa Fe, Koleos and X Trail territory.
Despite more and more choices becoming available in that segment I think it is far from reaching saturation point.
Old 3rd February 2012, 21:12   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Autocar mag has it that they intend positioning the Trailblazer around the 18-25 lac mark which means it is bang in the middle of Captiva, Fortuner, Santa Fe, Koleos and X Trail territory.
Despite more and more choices becoming available in that segment I think it is far from reaching saturation point.
My doubt is, if they price this car above Fortuner, what are they substantially
offering above the Fortuner? Since Fortuner is the much sought out vehicle in that segment, I guess they need to bring in a much better package right below the Fortuner. For that, they first need to re-position Captiva! But it will be really nice to see the strategy Chevy follows!
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

It does look promising. Unless they plan to make the captiva cheaper i dont see this selling for 18/19/20 lakhs. More to the tune of 22/23/24 lakhs.
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

They can offer Stuff like Hill Hold, Climate Control, Curtain Airbags, All Disc brakes, VSC Module etc on the Trailblazer.

The only way (probably) to push Toyota down is to offer more eqipment for the same / lesser price. It woudl take ages for Chevy to build the "reliability" belt around its brand, so the immediate solution is to compete head-on-head features wise. I assume performance and specs are on-par with Fortuner.

The design Chief tells that the USP of Trailblazer is that the 3rd row is fully usable, which means that the 3rd row would be as comfortable as the middle row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
It does look promising. Unless they plan to make the captiva cheaper i dont see this selling for 18/19/20 lakhs. More to the tune of 22/23/24 lakhs.
The other option is something like having the facelifted captiva for now and maybe 15 months later Launch Trailblazer rebadged as a Captiva. This way they also remove the slow selling Captiva and also compete in Fortuner Territory.
Totally Agree on the Price. Even if Chevy sets a price of 27 OTR, I would say its worth it.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 3rd February 2012 at 23:56.
Old 4th February 2012, 05:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

My doubt is, if they price this car above Fortuner, what are they substantially
offering above the Fortuner? Since Fortuner is the much sought out vehicle in that segment, I guess they need to bring in a much better package right below the Fortuner. For that, they first need to re-position Captiva! But it will be really nice to see the strategy Chevy follows!
Given the pricing, frankly the Fortuner doesn't offer all that much by way of kit. I am sure that the Chevy value proposition will be significant since they have all those competing brands in that segment in their sights!
Old 4th February 2012, 09:50   #41
BHPian

Just thought some more images are required

and I personally love Optimus on the Screen

Images Source : Autoblog.com
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-012013chevrolettrailblaz.jpg  

Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-022013trailblazer.jpg  

Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-032013trailblazer.jpg  

Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-042013trailblazer.jpg  

Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-052013trailblazer.jpg  

Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-062013trailblazer.jpg  

Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-072013trailblazer.jpg  

Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-082013trailblazer.jpg  

Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-092013trailblazer.jpg  

Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!-102013trailblazer.jpg  

Last edited by rk206 : 4th February 2012 at 09:52.
rk206 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 10:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCarBuff View Post
But there is a small catch, when you sit down to make a pick-up or a SUV for that matter you are looking at strength and durability on the face of rough usage. So you need to give that relatively extra strength to the body. Using Uni-body for such vehicles increases cost as it would require more brackets, braces, and welds than a passenger-car unibody structure. And thus higher cost!!
I hope this answers!
Thanks, that was enlightening - this will also answer why Ford will not be able to price Ecosport competitively!!

Back to the topic - anyone has any idea what platform this car will be? We can guess the segment based on that. Have generally seen that the actual ex-showroom price of the vehicle when launched tends to be 25-30% higher than what Autocar predicts
Old 4th February 2012, 10:36   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post

Back to the topic - anyone has any idea what platform this car will be?
The new TrailBlazer, confirmed as a 2013 model, will be a traditional body-on-frame SUV based on the new Chevrolet Colorado mid-size pickup truck.
Old 7th February 2012, 00:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!

Wow, I was a fortuner Fan and these pictures are just mindblowing. If the Chevy debuted here with the same interiors (Neon blue lighting, Dual Roof Mount Monitors, Star-wars ish center console, I will buy the Chevy instead of the Fortuner.

Is it just me ? - I like the indigo blue + Dull beige interior combo. It looks sobre and appeals to me.

The only disappoint is the Electronic 4X4 switch. I prefer a manual 4X4 Stick like in the TFORT.
Old 7th February 2012, 00:41   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet's all-new TrailBlazer SUV debuts. EDIT : Might come to India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Given the pricing, frankly the Fortuner doesn't offer all that much by way of kit. I am sure that the Chevy value proposition will be significant since they have all those competing brands in that segment in their sights!
Well, a lot of us agree. But Fortuner still sells & is leagues ahead of anything else in the near vicinity. And that's because of the brand value. So for Chevy to shake that segment or the one above, they will need to prove that Trailblazer is AWESOME BANG FOR BUCK compared to Fortuner, unless they are happy with 100 odd units every month. And some segment firsts will definitely bring more lime light to the car. Ideally I would look at those screens, a comfortable ride quality & space in all 3 rows and some gimmicks like those ambient lighting & the stuff. They could also come up with a 5 year warranty to boost confidence in their product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Wow, I was a fortuner Fan and these pictures are just mindblowing. If the Chevy debuted here with the same interiors (Neon blue lighting, Dual Roof Mount Monitors, Star-wars ish center console, I will buy the Chevy instead of the Fortuner.

Is it just me ? - I like the indigo blue + Dull beige interior combo. It looks sobre and appeals to me.
Man, you have company!! Bring all those stuffs shown in the video + a sun roof, price it 2 lakhs above Fortuner & I am still gonna run to the showroom [well, subjective to my bank balance strength]!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th February 2012 at 00:43.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks