Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 16:08   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
S350L-E240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: India
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 373 Times
Default BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

Hello,

here are some references for anyone buying a BMW this year,

Mini - All Details can be found in the Auto Expo thread,

BMW 5 Series F10 - 2012

Has a few model updates, While I have posted them on the 530d Test drive thread below is the repost for the same,

The BMW 5 series range has been upgraded for the year 2012 with the following,

1. Drive dynamic control in basic models also
2. Auto start stop function
3. Eco mode
4. A new rear seat design, according to them it improves on comfort.
5. Dynamic experience control.
6. 525d now has a 2 liter engine and 530d is now updated to 560nm.
7. New alloys for 520i, a better design.

525d is a 2 liter 1995cc 4 cylinder unit producing 218 bhp and 450nm of torque, and gets to 100 in 7 seconds, While the displacement is lower its as powerful and in some areas even better but the best is the fuel efficiency is up by 21%

530d is the same old engine but with higher bhp and torque,

BMW X1,

Continues with the same specifications but adds a model between the Corporate and the Highline called the Innovation, and sits in between the two with a price tag of about 29 Lac Ex-Showroom. A lot will be upgraded during the arrival of Q3.

BMW 3,

E90, Will continue to be sold as there is a pile of inventory, and sometime towards the start of Q2 2012, will we see the press launch of the F30, there are big plans for it, and will have a lot more engines and trims compared to the outgoing models, and for now initially only 320d and 320i will come in with more models joining in later, higher spec diesel too is planned but will happen after global release as currently the 20d is the only model sold and does a job well enough.

In the pipeline later to keep momentum running planned are 325d or 330d, and towards the lower end of the spectrum is 316d, which will be a segment beater when launched.

BMW 7,

Has been equipped with BMW Apps since some weeks now, and no other major changes, but expect this to go CKD in next few months, but thats at least 6 months or more from now so do not hold back if you need to buy one now.

BMW 6 GranCoupe,

Car will be delivered by September, I will update once you can start placing custom orders.

X3 has no major changes, and 1 is not coming at all this year.

Pricing of most models is pretty similar with a marginal price hike on a few cars. But I expect the 5 to continue to dominate with BMW's pro active stance, and with the arrival of the new 3 expect that segment also to be theirs in a big way,


Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 16:17   #2
BHPian
 
ecclipse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 321
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Awesome, thanks for the update.

I am debating between the A6 (3.0 TDI Quattro) and the 530d.

Need to check out the updated 530d, before I take my final decision.

Also, am told that BMW leasing is starting in a few weeks.
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 05:42   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

Any pricing leads on the expected price of the 730Ld CKD and 640d GC?
I'm guessing the 7 too will come with the 40d engine by the time the CKD starts as the 6 GC will be the same engine.

Anyone got a comprehensive plan like this from MBIL? The CLS350 CDI should make it here soon. I hope this year MBIL get their act together and provides BSI plans!

Last edited by Sahil : 13th January 2012 at 05:45.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 08:10   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,377 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post

BMW X1,

Continues with the same specifications but adds a model between the Corporate and the Highline called the Innovation, and sits in between the two with a price tag of about 29 Lac Ex-Showroom. A lot will be upgraded during the arrival of Q3.
I'm disappointed at seeing no upgrades for the X1. Why wait for the Q3?

I was expecting The 184bhp tune upgrade from the 177bhp and steering system to servotronic along with hoping for the ZF box.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 10:34   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
S350L-E240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: India
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 373 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

Ecclipse,

Leasing has begun since few months now,

Sahil,

Mercedes does not have any major changes really, E will get the panorama roof and about the ClS in cdi trim should always have been launched but will be out in the next few months,

ML is planned for a Q3 debut and as of now they are unsure if it will be CBU or CKD initially,

Let me know if you want any more info on any Mercedes plans,

Vid6639,

X1 is selling really well, does not warrant any changes until it has competetion which is why until the Q3 comes only a new variant is out,

BMW is planning exactly what the Q5 did when the X3 was launched.

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 12:44   #6
BHPian
 
Frankazoid!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 62
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

No 1-series this year? Was eagerly awaiting news about this hatch. Any idea about the pricing S350L-E240?
Frankazoid!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 13:00   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
S350L-E240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: India
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 373 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!!
No 1-series this year? Was eagerly awaiting news about this hatch. Any idea about the pricing S350L-E240?
Hello,

Like I said in some previous posts 1 is not possible this year due to capacity constrains at plant which is also why the Mini is a cbu for now, it will be here towards 2nd half of 2013, and for anyone waiting for it, it will be worth the wait and again will come at a wonderful price,

I cannot at this time give you an exact price but can assure you it will not cross 18 lacs unless our rupee suddenly crashes or some bad global turmoil.

Regards,

P.S - Mercedes E350 is launching with panorama roof and comand online and new alloys this month,

ML is in april, CBU initially,

CLS diesel no idea as they are having some issues with the diesel motor, but will update as I know more.

Last maybach orders will be taken in feb and from May no more deliveries.

S-Class W222 will be here by May/June 2013,

Ok can a mod edit the topic and include Mercedes also?

Regards,

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 13th January 2012 at 13:14.
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 13:31   #8
BHPian
 
Berj79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 375
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Hello,


BMW 3,

E90, Will continue to be sold as there is a pile of inventory, and sometime towards the start of Q2 2012, will we see the press launch of the F30, there are big plans for it, and will have a lot more engines and trims compared to the outgoing models, and for now initially only 320d and 320i will come in with more models joining in later, higher spec diesel too is planned but will happen after global release as currently the 20d is the only model sold and does a job well enough.

In the pipeline later to keep momentum running planned are 325d or 330d, and towards the lower end of the spectrum is 316d, which will be a segment beater when launched.
,
Hi,
You mean the current E90 with be 325 & 330d? or the new F30?

Thanks..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 13:44   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
S350L-E240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: India
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 373 Times
Default

Hello,

New 3 will just be 320d initially, but as the line expands globally, 325d or 330d will be decided upon in due course, mostly it will be 330d, and maybe later add the 25d also, but the plans are not on it yet as none are on sale globally yet,

All the above info on 3 is only for the F30, E90 will bid farewell in its 2011 specs itself,

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
Hi,
You mean the current E90 with be 325 & 330d? or the new F30?

Thanks..
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 15:33   #10
BHPian
 
Frankazoid!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 62
Thanked: 20 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Hello,

Like I said in some previous posts 1 is not possible this year due to capacity constrains at plant which is also why the Mini is a cbu for now, it will be here towards 2nd half of 2013, and for anyone waiting for it, it will be worth the wait and again will come at a wonderful price,

I cannot at this time give you an exact price but can assure you it will not cross 18 lacs unless our rupee suddenly crashes or some bad global turmoil.

Regards,
I guess you mean the entry level variant will be below 18 lacs, was hoping that figure would be closer to 15 lacs. Guess that's wishful thinking. Oh well thanks for the info S350L-E240.
Frankazoid!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 15:34   #11
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 8,991 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

What happened to the updated X1 with higher power and ZF8 Transmission?
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 19:00   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
S350L-E240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: India
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 373 Times
Default

Sahil,

Just got it confirmed 730d is what you will get and if any chance of the 40d it will only be as a cbu but as of now no plans of 740d in any form,

And looks like there will not be any price reduction but rather all options will become standard and of course we will save on RTO which is double due to cbu.

Have replied about Mbil in previous thread and to add some more information all cars from July or when inventories run out will include 7g. Also facelifted C now has the executive edition in terms of C220 CDI. Also something like bsi has been available for e and c class, do check with your dealer I am not sure of the exact details.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Any pricing leads on the expected price of the 730Ld CKD and 640d GC?
I'm guessing the 7 too will come with the 40d engine by the time the CKD starts as the 6 GC will be the same engine.

Anyone got a comprehensive plan like this from MBIL? The CLS350 CDI should make it here soon. I hope this year MBIL get their act together and provides BSI plans!
Frankazoid,

The base variant will not be possible to bring below 16 lac, but should have all essentials for a fun hatchback and stick to core BMW values. Will keep updating these threads when relevant information is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!!

I guess you mean the entry level variant will be below 18 lacs, was hoping that figure would be closer to 15 lacs. Guess that's wishful thinking. Oh well thanks for the info S350L-E240.
Anshuman,

Engine remains the same, and no chance of the 8 speed at least this year. Servo tonic steering wheel will perhaps be added.


Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
What happened to the updated X1 with higher power and ZF8 Transmission?
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 19:36   #13
BHPian
 
Yeldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kochi
Posts: 719
Thanked: 644 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

As always, great insider info, S350L-E240, and many thanks!

BMW seems to be following Mercedes in offering the 2L Diesel in two states of tune for 520d and 525d, in a fashion similar to E220CDI & E250CDI.

Let me ask, are BMW still selling the 5 Series GT in India? And why are they not updating their X1 website about the "Cool Elegance" version, which is there on their dealers' price lists? Have they stopped the "Cool Elegance"? And what is the model of the new alloys on the 520d? (You mentioned 520i- is it 523i or 520d that you really meant?) I wonder somebody still buys the 523i when the 520d is so excellent.

EDIT: Oops, Sorry! I just read the 530d thread now, the 520i has replaced 523i. Apologies! So no more entry 6 cylinder models.

Last edited by Yeldo : 13th January 2012 at 19:57.
Yeldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 19:41   #14
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,956 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

Quote:
updated X1 with higher power and ZF8 Transmission?
its very new car , I don't think there will be any update in near future or a change to 8 speed . However they may add few Gizmos as I doubt they can remove much from the basic model like Audi did with Q5

ZF Friedrichshafen AG | New vehicles with ZF technology

S350-L - which one are you picking ?
Quote:
Leasing has begun since few months now
Do you have more details - say what will be monthly payout for 730 D ?

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th January 2012 at 20:04.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 21:28   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
S350L-E240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: India
Posts: 1,416
Thanked: 373 Times
Default re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

Yeldo,

Thanks a lot for your compliments, have always tried my best to keep authentic details only on the forum, but do forgive if sometime I end up on the wrong side, and about the lower capacity diesel engines, main point is EU emission norms, it's these small capacity engines which help compensate for the big blocks! But I am told the new 525d is equally good,

Do read this review below, sounds wonderful,

2012 BMW 525d Review

Cool Elegance was a limited edition launch only model for the X1, they were wonderful with high quality seats and very nice lower dashboard, were sold out pretty much in December 2010 at launch, Don't know which dealer has it still on their price lists but they need to rectify it? If possible do PM me the dealer?

And the 5GT is sold, and it sells quite well in fact at most times the dealers do have a car or two in ready stock, but now it's only available in the 3.0d version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
BMW seems to be following Mercedes in offering the 2L Diesel in two states of tune for 520d and 525d, in a fashion similar to E220CDI & E250CDI.

Let me ask, are BMW still selling the 5 Series GT in India? And why are they not updating their X1 website about the "Cool Elegance" version, which is there on their dealers' price lists? Have they stopped the "Cool Elegance"?
Turbanator,

We are moving our home, so for few months am going to really do a good crash course on all cars and come to a conclusion, have shortlisted few, but will do a detailed test to make sure I don't end up with the seat problems again,

I will get you the 7 lease data in few days? If not urgent do wait, facelift is due this year end and will have the most important updates, the 8 speed transmission finally and CKD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
S350-L - which one are you picking ?

Do you have more details - say what will be monthly payout for 730 D ?
For the rest am posting parts of the new 5 spec sheets which are relevant to the changes,
Attached Thumbnails
BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,-screen-shot-20120113-9.16.23-pm.png  

Attached Images
 

Last edited by GTO : 14th January 2012 at 15:04. Reason: Removing BOLD tags....results in an eyesore. Thanks
S350L-E240 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW updates the 520d, drops the 525d! S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 7 25th February 2015 18:59
My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model) Bluebeem Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 104 25th January 2014 13:08
SCOOP: All-New 2012 ML 63 AMG is Mercedes-Benz’s Answer to the BMW X5 M StrangeWizard The International Automotive Scene 3 1st May 2011 03:33
2010 model wagon R Vxi or old model Vxi with discounts? drsnt Hatchbacks 9 20th June 2010 07:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks