| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|26th May 2010, 14:44||#16|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Thanked: 16,772 Times
1. Punto- Punto in white and red, and even black. To die for!!! Would have killed every other hatch on Indian roads had it not been a FIAT.
2. i20- Stunning, but not as effortless as the Punto!
3. Swift- 5 years after launch & one of the most common car on Indian roads. Still a well maintained car manages to turn heads! One of the best designs IMO.
4. Figo- I somehow like the looks of the Figo. Although somewhat plain without extra sharp lines, it somehow manages to look cute.
5. Polo- Looks stunning in red, and black. Plain and boring in colours like silver.
6. Indica Vista anniversary edition- Not a fan of Vista'a looks. However, the anniversary edition with alloys + black roof was a nice looker!
7. Fabia- Good, but like a plain swift!
8. ritz- Good, but for the rear hatch!
9. Spark- Cute for girls!
10. Astar- I like it, though not a popular choice.
11. Santro- Xing was a good design improvement on the Santro.
12. Palio- Too old. Looked good during its time though.
13. WagonR- Looks? Whats that?
14. i10- Boring to look at, even though its somewhat new. Aged rather badly IMO.
15. Beat- Excellent front end design. Too bulky from side and Santro from rear.
Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th May 2010 at 14:56.
|26th May 2010, 14:47||#17|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Thanked: 611 Times
Looks are always subjective, but anyways IMO:
And if I were to rank the worst looking hatches, it would be
P.S: Mods, plz add a poll to this topic.
Last edited by theragingbull : 26th May 2010 at 14:48.
|26th May 2010, 15:06||#19|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Thanked: 582 Times
Mods - Poll Please
1)Punto (Gorgeous in any colour)!
2)i20 = Polo (Although Polo looks plain in some colours, especially white)
Last edited by fiat_tarun : 26th May 2010 at 15:08.
|26th May 2010, 15:08||#20|
Join Date: May 2006
Thanked: 69 Times
Hi Friends Interesting topic, this must be shifted to the Indian Car Scene
here is my pick
3. Palio (Ist gen)
vishnurp99, while your friend compared the punto with a dead lizard, my dad said that the front end of the Punto reminds him of a mouse!! My brother too was not bowled over by the Punto's looks (but he withdrew his comment after seeing the Abarth version!!).Whereas my Mother loved the Punto upon launch and even remarked that the Red Punto looked like a little Ferrari!
|26th May 2010, 15:25||#21|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Thanked: 7,964 Times
I am surprised to see OP rating Fabia below a Vista, Ritz and even an Alto. I am sure something is wrong there
I like only 3 hatches in our country when it comes to just cosmetic looks
Maybe Fabia too if i am asked to re-think.
|26th May 2010, 15:27||#22|
Join Date: May 2010
Thanked: 0 Times
1. Punto - HOT!! Italian testosterone overdose.
2. Polo - German Elegance
3. Fabia - No nonsense looks. Plain and simple.
4. i20 - it took some getting used to, but now i like it a lot.
5. Beat - only comes in because of its very radical looks, not beautiful but different.
6. i10 - Cute!!
7. Wagon R - Whats this doing on the list? Well I own it
|26th May 2010, 16:04||#23|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 79 Times
My top list:
2. Polo == Beat
4. Palio Stile
|26th May 2010, 16:45||#28|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Thanked: 223 Times
1. black punto
2. white Fabia
3. red swift
4. black polo
5. oyster grey i10
if discontinued models are too considered, then the old green/yellow Palio would be my No.1
surprised that i20 is a favourite here..to me it looks like someone tried too hard to look good ( something like a lady with too much make up and wrinkles)
Last edited by Daewood : 26th May 2010 at 16:46.
|26th May 2010, 17:01||#29|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Thanked: 9,025 Times
1.Punto- No matter how much you hate this car, but this surely is the winner here.
2.Polo- Clean Proportionate look is very appealing. Looks good in White and Red, Looks plane jane in Silver.
3.i20- Best looking Hyundai ever in India. Looks best in White.
4.Swift- Its old but still looks very good. White is good but very common, Red is best.
I have no feelings for:
1.Skoda Fabia- Looks too mature. Can be identified as a Skoda but not as good looking as Octavia and Laura.
2.Indica Vista- Has a very good design but the urge to keep it recognisable as an Indica spoiled the game here.
3.Beat- This car does not appeal to me.
1.Ritz- I hate the weird backside.
2.A-Star- Looks like a starving toad.
3.Wagon-R- Blue eyed boy lack design flair just like the outgoing version.
4.Estilo- Discontinued in Japan ages ago, now trying to fool Indians. Anyways i hate the looks.
1.Figo- The Front end looks good, the side doors with huge glass area can be identified instantly as carryover from Fiesta and the Backside looks dated. Does not turn me on but does not offend me either.
Last edited by .anshuman : 26th May 2010 at 17:05.
|26th May 2010, 17:42||#30|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Thanked: 91 Times
2. i 20
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ranking of indian cities according to cars||avishar||Shifting gears||4||3rd December 2014 16:49|
|Sedans Under Rs. 12 Lacs - A Quantitative Ranking||smartcat||The Indian Car Scene||400||22nd October 2014 13:01|
|Sensor based traffic signals (based on induction-loops) in India?||vharihar||Street Experiences||8||13th February 2014 21:46|
|The Most Dependable Car Brands - Ranking Survey in US||shenoytech||The International Automotive Scene||15||22nd March 2011 15:35|
|Small Car Ranking Guidance||Archon||The Indian Car Scene||22||1st December 2010 10:44|