Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 15:24   #1
BHPian

Pune - New car registration formalities and mandatory documents!

Anybody who buys a new vehicle has to struggle through the Registartaion(RTO) formalities quite evidently hyped by the dealerships. I had to face the challenges , rather unnecessarily hyped formalities . After much of the efforts and speaking to the RTO inspectors who clear the registartion passing papers , below is a jist of the findings .

This is applicable for Pune jurisdiction , but I guess would be similar in other parts as well .
As a mandate now alongwith the adress proof(s) , a photo identity has been made compulsion .
Documents accepted by R.T.O.as valid Address proofs :
1) Registered rent agreement
2) LIC policy certificate with local address
3) In case you have LIC policy but not with local address, submit an address change request to LIC and get a receipt (It will have your old and new address). This is will suffice.(This can be done using a Notorised rent agreement.)
4) Affidavit with Current address and get it registered, costing 150 RS
5) Driving license with local address
6) Tenanent Verification form alongwith the Rent agreement(notorised)
7) Ration Card
8) Property Registry (Index page )

The Photo Identity proofs considered valid :

1) Same adress Lisence
2) Same adress Affadavit .
3) Voters ID card
4) Same adress Passport etc etc .

The Affadavit(Pratigyapatra) can be procured from the Regional Office(s) in Pune .

Locations for the same are :
1) Dand Adhikari Bhawan ,Behind Railway Station .
2) Citizen Service Center, Opp Gunjan Theatre , Yerwada .

The Pratigyapatra seems to be the most wanted piece of paper in the industry.

Personal Experience on getting the Pratigyapatra done :
The Dand Adhikari Bhavan office would be filled in with huge volumens of people wanting a hold of that paper . Makes sense going to the Yerwada office . Please dont forget to carry a Rs 100 Stamp paper & a Rs 5 Revenue ticket with you before visiting the place . Wait for your turn , approx 20-30 mins , ask the guy on counter you need to procure it for the registartion .Do remember to carry a (xerox) of Elec bill (if you are the owner ) , alternatively the Xerox of the Rent agreement (Notorised or Registered ) .You would need to pay Rs 20 for getting your pic clicked on the Webcam for the affadavit .

Get the details printed on a paper , check the minute details and get that printed on the Stamp Paper on the adjacent window . Submit the documents mentioned to the next counter , remember to take a signature on the Stamp paper and you are done !
The Affadavit would have your photo with the address details . Job Done !

Beware of the agents , they would rob you like anything for nothing . This is hardly a 45-50 mins kinda thing and Yes we don't promote Corruption .

Alternate to the Affadavit :
For people living on rented accomodations / owners a NOC from your police stattion would serve the cause .
All you need to do is to write an application to the concerned SI and submit at your police station . Do remember to have a xerox of rent agreement / Elec Bill handy alongwith an ID proof and 2 photographs .
Normal chai-pani rates may apply , no fees for getting this done !

Mods : Searched the forum for some similar thread , but could just locate the thread of Registartion Woes , thought to start a new thread instead which would provide immeadiate formalities information . Please move / merge as necesaary .

Regards,
Pankaj

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 27th January 2011 at 15:35.
jealousdiamond is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2011, 15:47   #2
BHPian

re: Pune - New car registration formalities and mandatory documents!

Thank you Jealousdiamond,
This will help me a lot. BTW, did you do all the process by yourself or through an agent?
Also, are the forms different if I get my vehicle registered in Pimpri RTO (near the TATA Motors Car plant Material gate)?
Pls let me know as I am planning to book my vehicle in the next week for a delivery on 28th this month.
Further, How long did it took for you to receive the Registration smart card?
Old 14th February 2011, 13:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Thank you Jealousdiamond,
This will help me a lot. BTW, did you do all the process by yourself or through an agent?
Also, are the forms different if I get my vehicle registered in Pimpri RTO (near the TATA Motors Car plant Material gate)?
Pls let me know as I am planning to book my vehicle in the next week for a delivery on 28th this month.
Further, How long did it took for you to receive the Registration smart card?
It would be same for PCMC/ PMC RTO . I got this done for PCMC and PMC both ( 1 for Safari , 1 for a Ritz ) .
This can easily be done on your own , and you dont need to take any agent along , Just need to know the correct procedure and you would be done . I did mine .

The RC smart card would take close to 3 months (90 days ) to be delivered due to the so called huge backlog
Old 14th February 2011, 13:55   #4
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
It would be same for PCMC/ PMC RTO . I got this done for PCMC and PMC both ( 1 for Safari , 1 for a Ritz ) .
I am assuming that you are talking about registering new vehicles here.
One question : What had the dealer quoted for registration and how much did you have to pay for getting it done yourself?

Specifically interested in this as Deccan@Pimpri has quoted around 68.5K for registering a ANHC V MT. Any idea how are the registration charges calculated? Are they a fixed percentage of the Ex-showroom price or something?

Thanks

PS : Isn't a PAN card considered a valid photo-id proof?

Last edited by SDP : 14th February 2011 at 14:01.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
One question : What had the dealer quoted for registration and how much did you have to pay for getting it done yourself?

Specifically interested in this as Deccan@Pimpri has quoted around 68.5K for registering a ANHC V MT. Any idea how are the registration charges calculated? Are they a fixed percentage of the Ex-showroom price or something?

Thanks

Yes SDP,
We are talking about new vehicles only. The registration amount is around 7% of the Ex Showroom price from the back calculations I did from the quotes I have seen in Pune/ Pimpri. Might differ as per the respective region.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:46   #6
BHPian

Got mine done at Nagrik suvidha kendra, behind railway station (near Sasoon Hospital).
Took all of 30 mins and 105 Rs. (100 for Stamp paper and 5 Rs Court fees stamp).
Make sure they print your name correctly on the stamp paper (pratigya patra).

Residence Proof
(1) Electricity Bill
(2) Index 2

Also noticed a Nagrik Suvidha Kendra in Bhel Chowk, Nigdi.
This is a mandatory document (as per dealer) and can be obtained from any Nagrik Suvidha Kendra.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:48   #7
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes SDP,
We are talking about new vehicles only. The registration amount is around 7% of the Ex Showroom price from the back calculations I did from the quotes I have seen in Pune/ Pimpri. Might differ as per the respective region.
Thanks maverick for clarifying. Can you please throw some light on my second question as well?
How much does the dealer charge for registering a vehicle? Are there significant financial benefits (let's say 10-15K or more) in registering the vehicle yourself?

Thanks
Old 14th February 2011, 17:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks

Well as mentioned the RTO is exactly 7 % of the vehicle ex showroom , plus a few bucks here and there (should be no more than a 400-500 diff ) . Thats a standard RTO fees across MH irrespective of the RTO .

So ideally you should be recieving reciepts of 7% tax paid plus 350 Smart Card Fee , the dealer might not give you reciepts of those extra 400-500 bucks .

Well PAN card my dear friend won't be treated as a Photo identity proof , it just can act as a supporting doc , rather than the mandatory one .

The New updated rules require 2 photo identity proofs instead of 1 (MANDATORY ), anything else would just ease the process .

Quote:
Yes SDP,
IMHO , it's flat 7 % across MH atleast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad View Post
Got mine done at Nagrik suvidha kendra, behind railway station (near Sasoon Hospital).
Took all of 30 mins and 105 Rs. (100 for Stamp paper and 5 Rs Court fees stamp).
Make sure they print your name correctly on the stamp paper (pratigya patra).

Residence Proof
(1) Electricity Bill
(2) Index 2

Also noticed a Nagrik Suvidha Kendra in Bhel Chowk, Nigdi.
This is a mandatory document (as per dealer) and can be obtained from any Nagrik Suvidha Kendra.
Indeed it is . The only problem getting it done from Station one is the huge pile up over the weekend.

Quote:
Thanks maverick for clarifying. Can you please throw some light on my second question as well?
How much does the dealer charge for registering a vehicle? Are there significant financial benefits (let's say 10-15K or more) in registering the vehicle yourself?

Thanks
Should charge nothing more than 400-500 mucks except 7% RTO fees and the 350 Rs Smart card fee .

No benefits doing that yourself except that you would get a feel how the " Sarkaari Machinery" works IMHO , refrain taking that pain .
Old 15th February 2011, 10:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the information OP. I recently bought a two wheeler on my wife's name, and the process was similar. It is unnecessarily complicated now, just so that more people can be bribed. Previously, a rent agreement on stamp paper and an affidavit would suffice, but now one has to have the collector's letter for that.

I would add few things.

1. If a lady is buying the vehicle on her name, the queue is separate for ladies.
2. The LIC policy has to be in the name of whom the rental agreement is done.
3. If a lady is buying and the rental house as well as the LIC policy is in her husband's name, she needs to show the marriage certificate as well.
4. No need to change LIC address. My permanent address is of other city, and Pune's rental address is temporary. I keep all my documents on permanent address only. It has worked without any problem.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Very informative post. Thank you for sharing this.
Since I did not have any Pune address proof other than my rent agreeement, I was asked for producing an affidavit as well (This was for two-wheeler).
Old 15th February 2011, 16:21   #11
SDP
Team-BHP Support

I have a sale-deed for a flat outside the PCMC-Octroi region. But that's about it. Would that suffice? I do not have a electricity bill, phone bill or for that matter even the index document.
Old 15th February 2011, 22:18   #12
BHPian

I am planning to get the affidavit done on this thursday. Will let you all know about the experience of it.
Any body willing to acompany me, are welcome.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:44   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I have a sale-deed for a flat outside the PCMC-Octroi region. But that's about it. Would that suffice? I do not have a electricity bill, phone bill or for that matter even the index document.
Well ideally the Sale deed is indeed the draft version of the registration document which has the Index page . Should be accepted as this would contain your name and address . Would be more sensible to get a supporting document attached as mentioned above .
Old 16th February 2011, 13:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
No benefits doing that yourself except that you would get a feel how the " Sarkaari Machinery" works IMHO , refrain taking that pain .
Dealers usually pad-up the cost and charge 4 - 5k extra for hatchbacks. By doing:

1. Insurance
2. Registration

by self, customer can save some money.
Old 16th February 2011, 13:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Dealers usually pad-up the cost and charge 4 - 5k extra for hatchbacks. By doing:

1. Insurance
2. Registration

by self, customer can save some money.
To be precise the dealers usually have considerate margins on two things from the parent organizations :
Insurance
Loans

The Registartion as mentioned is hardly up by 400-500 bucks .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks