Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2005, 11:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Ajmat, The safety requirements for the car : Seatbelts.
I feel for a car just needs a good set of tyres and brakes for the track day.
Since u've been for many track days abroad, can u explain the safety requirements in brief. It'll help others for whom this is the first track day and have no clue.
Old 14th December 2005, 13:35   #47
BHPian

Requirements for Cars - Full Pants, Sleeved shirts (no sleeveless), full face crash helmet and working seat belts.
Requirements for Bikes - Full Riding Gear - Leather or Nylon or similar, Riding Gloves, Riding Boots, Full Face Crash Helmet.
Old 14th December 2005, 15:13   #48
Team-BHP Support

[quote=nitrous]Ajmat, The safety requirements for the car : Seatbelts.QUOTE]
My two cents

You have plenty of time during the day so spend the first two sessions in understanding the track, lines to take and the car behaviour – take it up to 100 km/h

Be warned, the car you drive on the track is different when on track – the shortcomings come out!!!!

You are competing against yourself not others so let people pass

If there is a jerk around – give him room to fall/skid off

Listen to the authorities

Key is minimal steering, skidding and braking

Aim for smoothness – rest follows

Don’t try drifting for now

Car Condition

Tyres – ideally 5 mm of tread at least – inflated to around 3-5 psi over

Check tyre wear after each session.

You might find that tyres wear on one direction and might need to change them to the other side halfway through the day (an extra jack will be handy)

Check all fluids

Brake pad condition – if it is 15000km since you last changed them - be careful. If (like in my case) 35000 km or so – change them !!!
Old 14th December 2005, 15:25   #49
BHPian

Hi All,

We will need to know who all are interested in this track day. We want to make sure we dont run out of food n water n stuff.

Those from Chennai, pls PM me. Bengaloorites, pls confirm with Poncho.

SG
Old 14th December 2005, 16:31   #50
BHPian

bikes confirmed for the track day -
3 R1's, CBR929, CBR954, CBR1000RR, 2 BMW's, couple of RX's, FZR400, Monster 900, Triumph Bonneville, Suzuki TL1000S, Group C Race Bike

cars confirmed for the track day -
Esteems, Balenos, City's, Supercharged City, 997 Carrera S, 997 Carrera, Evo6, Souped up Supra, couple of race esteems. Maybe 1 or 2 single seaters too.

More entries expected.

Last edited by BikerSG : 14th December 2005 at 16:48.
Old 16th December 2005, 14:14   #51
BHPian

[SIZE=2]Great Weekend Comming up... Last post from me, will try to take some action pics.. and post them up once I get back... [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Last note - Karan Chandok is gonna be track side to offer driving tips to the group.... :-))[/SIZE]
Old 16th December 2005, 14:44   #52
Team-BHP Support

Wow guys,

I know this is another "wow...so cool" pointless post, but i am really jealous and wish we had the possibilities of something like this near bombay!
Great job organising this guys!

Waiting to see pics & vids!
cya
R
Old 18th December 2005, 21:39   #53
BHPian

track day report - brief

Hi All,

Thought I'd give you all a report on how the track day went off.

Saturday - Went off quite well except that a lot of people from Chennai didnt turn up, thinking that the track day had been cancelled due to rain. But we got lucky and it didnt rain until we were well into the end of the 6th and final session of the day (about 4.30pm).
A total of 6 bikes, 1 R1, 3 blades, 2 BMW R1200GS' and 1 Group 3 RX 100 showed up from bangalore. The chennai bikers decided to stay at home due to heavy rain in Chennai.
3 cars from Bangalore showed up - baleno, esteem and 1 city. I'm sure these guys learnt a lot about road racing from inputs from Karun Chandhok and JD Madan.

Sunday - was a total bummer of a day as it rained the whole night, leaving huge puddles on track as well as around it. Though we had a few spells of sunshine, almost continuous rain ensured that the track didn't dry. Unfortunately the track day had to be caled off. But a few cars were allowed on the track so that they could get a feel of wet tarmac, apart from practice what they learnt the previous day.
The Evo was the star of the show with 300bhp, 4wd and setup to drift! The bangalore boys who were taken passenger in the evo, would be the best to describe their flight.

I'm sure sorry theres not much to report about our first track day. If the rain hadn't come down on us, it would have been a whole lot more fun.

We've now decided to host another track day sometime in Jan. Will keep you all posted.

SG
Old 18th December 2005, 22:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Ok...LOOOOOOOONG report will follow when I have some sleep under my belt. Right now I've slept 6 hours in the last 72, so I will be comatose soon.

Briefs:
1. FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

2, Track days and track racing IS bloody addictive. We fought for lap sessions, of 20 laps or more, like schoolchildren. Not great for tyres though!

3. JD and Karun, and in fact all the organising crowd, are incredibly down-to-earth and nice guys.

4. Sideways was one of the organisers. I HAVE NO IDEA WHO BikerSG IS!!! Dude, who are you?! Thank you for the abso-bloody-lutely brilliant experience, Biker, Praveen, JD, Poncho, Sideways, and all you guys who I can't remember without sleep!

5. Thank you a bit more to Nitrous, Karthik and Aditya!

Time to zzzzzzz...
Old 19th December 2005, 09:48   #55
Team-BHP Support

Will certainly look foward to bringing the Vtec next time around. Had to call this time off due to other commitments also got a long trip to Kerala coming up
Old 20th December 2005, 17:38   #56
BHPian

hey viper,
wheres that looong report u promised us?
or are u still asleep?
SG
Old 20th December 2005, 18:02   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG
hey viper,
wheres that looong report u promised us?
or are u still asleep?
SG
oh he is still asleep for sure ..i think the report should be up by thursday positively..
Old 20th December 2005, 22:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Report is ready and Anush has read it. I want to post the pics in high res, but I run on dialup. Trying to cage a high speed connection for a day, and I'll put it up in one go.
Old 20th December 2005, 23:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Thats good, viper. I have a few 'supplementary' pics since we had a lot of stuff to do at a track day other than shooting pics.Post ur report and pics and i'll follow with mine.
Old 20th December 2005, 23:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Aye I'm not talking to you da! You go away! Full day I screamed I wanted to go to the beach, there was a muscle car in town, and you dragged us halfway across TN for a beer, which is so uncommon in BLR!!! And now my IITM friend tells me Marina is pretty good these days...

BTW, I had a brilliant time. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks