Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 13th November 2016, 08:41   #871
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo GT TDI ownership log. EDIT: 3 years and 82,000 km up, Bilstein B6 installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Happy third!
And after the 1300 km odd drive to home and back, I must say I am a happy man! The B6s have transformed the ride completely. The immediate result was the ride comfort which had greatly improved. Reason? The front stock shocks were shot and I never knew it all this while! This was immediately evident when I drove the car back to the apartment’s parking lot from the Bosch garage after installing them and the driveway has a lot of those rubber speed breakers installed. The car was dead silent while I drove over them whereas it used to *bang* and *bang* when I used to cross them before. Ditto while driving over small potholes on the roads. The dampers are absorbing the undulations nicely. While cornering at high speeds, the car used to dip and bounce over bumps. Now the ride is a lot more firm, no more dipping while cornering, body roll has reduced substantially and stays absolutely F-L-A-T, planted on the road. It is a little stiff but I’ve got used to it already! The car is an absolute blast to drive now!
Wow that was a very busy update.

Great to see that you are enjoying the Bilstien suspension upgrade. Have they made the rear end feel stiffer having a kick when going into a dip in the road? My Konis' do, and I do sometimes miss the stock suspension feel on bad roads (not too much obviously). Might also have something to do with the fact that my rear shock buffer is shot to bits. Getting a replacement soon so lets see.

The new front suspension mount look much taller than the existing ones. Not sure if this may be due to the usage on the outgoing one but might also contribute to the improved ride comfort. Got a couple of mounts from Lemforder myself so your update tempts me to swap out the front mounts for my car too.

Regarding the limp mode behavior, the car does get upto 100 kmph with the glow plug engine malfunction light on, but as you said progress is slow. I do get the light one once in a while. I usually turn the engine off,pull out the key, wait for 10 seconds and turn the engine back on and things are back to normal. Of late this has been less and less frequent.

This is one Polo that VW should showcase as having trumped the Indian conditions and how!!

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by ampere : 13th November 2016 at 09:09. Reason: Trimmed Quoted post size
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote