Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 18:20   #181
BHPian

from full to F mark it is 4.25 liters and from 'F' upto 1st mark 5.5 liters. Beyond that point for each 2 marks less 0.25 liter to previous (i.e. for 2nd, 3rd mark after 'F' = 5.5 - 0.25 each) and so on.

I can fill upto max 48.5 liters only. This is my rough observation because I get petrol filled randomly. Never tested what happens beyond 'E' mark.
Old 3rd September 2007, 19:27   #182
BHPian

All of you are following 'Auto-stop and no top-up' right?
Old 3rd September 2007, 19:36   #183
BHPian

As per your calculation it would come to 60 litres. When I took delivery they filled 5 litres, even at that point of time the needle was at 'E' mark. May be in the 'F' and 'E' mark it may be 5 litres for 2 marks, rest of them it will be 3 marks for 5 litres, so it comes close to 50 litres.
Old 3rd September 2007, 23:42   #184
BHPian

Hi Sathya,

Very good long term report. How do you find parking in Bangalore? Does the wide turning radius create trouble while parking?

Do you find parking and reversing still a problem in Bangalore trafiic or one can get used to it over time?

I'm tempted to upgrade to a sedan, but my friends are suggesting to go for only hatch backs like getz/swift for ease of parking in Bangalore trafiic. Please share your experience in parking/reversing within Bangalore city please.
Old 4th September 2007, 00:00   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
All of you are following 'Auto-stop and no top-up' right?
What is that?
Old 4th September 2007, 00:04   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
What is that?
Auto Cut is when the fuel filler cuts out on its own at the petrol pump, top up is when the attendant fills it till he sees the fuel at the top.

In Auto cut the attendant just presses a button and leaves it till it stops on its own, hence the name auto cut.
Old 4th September 2007, 07:27   #187
BHPian

a sedan is a sadan. no small or mid cars like can never beat them. if u looking for sadan, yes the SX4 is the best option to choose from. as i always say that this car has real X-Facrtor. yes this car is lil prblem while parking in bangalore --- yes it is.... who buy a car to park man. i buy them to drive.... long long drivess... that dont need a parking.. i dont take my car where the parking problem exists. and in whole of bangalore, i know a few spots were parking is available easily. so this is not my headache..
well i wish you go for SX4 the car with X-Factor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Hi Sathya,

Very good long term report. How do you find parking in Bangalore? Does the wide turning radius create trouble while parking?

Do you find parking and reversing still a problem in Bangalore trafiic or one can get used to it over time?

I'm tempted to upgrade to a sedan, but my friends are suggesting to go for only hatch backs like getz/swift for ease of parking in Bangalore trafiic. Please share your experience in parking/reversing within Bangalore city please.

Last edited by kick.throttle : 4th September 2007 at 07:29. Reason: spelling mistakes.... LOL!!!
Old 4th September 2007, 09:51   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Hi Sathya,

Parking is a problem for any car in C segment and above. But I needed sedan which offers me good boot and other features/spec. You can't park it in tight places, but why can't u find parking space within few meters if you look around? (This is the price you pay for convenience of big car )This is my first car and I haven't installed reverse parking sensors yet, rear view mirror & ORVMs are helping a lot. Day by day my skills are improving while parking !! I would say that it is a matter of getting adjusted with. When you go on ring roads/highways & other places, you would be happy for deciding to buy SX4, believe me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
What is that?
I always ask the pump guy to keep it in auto stop, in which the filler stops supplying petrol automatically when the knob touches the fuel. Top up, means he will continue to fill manually (after auto stop), till he sees no space to fill more.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:13   #189
BHPian

I like SX4 in 4th & 5th gear, really silky smooth and good pickup, no need to downshift while overtaking. But when you sit at the back you will hear the engine noise. My friend who sat at the back told that the engine sounds like a racing car while overtaking.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:59   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I like SX4 in 4th & 5th gear, really silky smooth and good pickup, no need to downshift while overtaking. But when you sit at the back you will hear the engine noise. My friend who sat at the back told that the engine sounds like a racing car while overtaking.
[COLOR=black]Count lucky that the engine sound is pleasing when revving... seen some indigos that tries hard while overtaking and in doing so, produce an awful sound (lethargic actually) which seems like the engine is stretched to its limit..[/COLOR]

Last edited by iTNerd : 4th September 2007 at 16:01.
Old 4th September 2007, 16:54   #191
BHPian

Quote:
In speeds above 70 or so, yourself will hear the racing sound, I hated earlier, but it is pleasant nowadays !!
Old 4th September 2007, 17:00   #192
BHPian

Even an Indica petrol sounds like diesel.
Old 4th September 2007, 17:02   #193
BHPian

I had a weird problem. When the AC is set to automatic and Inlet is in re-circulating mode. Suddenly the Inlet mode changes to Fresh air which reduces the coolness. Is this normal, or any setting needs to be done.
Old 4th September 2007, 17:22   #194
BHPian

AC, no problem

Quote:
I had a weird problem. When the AC is set to automatic and Inlet is in re-circulating mode. Suddenly the Inlet mode changes to Fresh air which reduces the coolness. Is this normal, or any setting needs to be done.
This is not a problem. If you set the temp and change blower from manual/off mode to auto then after some time it goes to auto inlet (i.e. outside air). If you put it recycling mode then it keeps that util you change blower speed from manual or off to auto again.
Old 4th September 2007, 18:00   #195
BHPian

Auto mode decides whether to set re-circ or fresh air (or polluted air ?) whenever you switch on AC. I force it to always re-circ mode, it stays there, until AC is switched off/on again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks