Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 14:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations - I believe this is indeed a first, quite a shame really that nobody has even bothered to (or is it that the company has not bothered to make any TD vehicles available?) TD a vehicle that give one so much more power, space and comfort than other much-Lauded vehicles that cost so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post
6. Turbo lag in Embera is same as virtual turbo lag in civic.
This one really cracked me up!

However you havent mentioned on your reasons that the Embera gives you more power (bhp) and torque than the Civic or any other vehicle within 20 lakhs, and is a diesel on top of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Nice to see the interest generated by a highly under-rated car. hope it will now get it's due !!!
Too late - Hyundai killed the brand with practically NO marketing. Here was a vehicle with SO much going for it, yet people spend more money to get much less.
Old 15th September 2008, 12:18   #32
BHPian

Excellent buy mate!! Keeps us posted on how this baby behaves as and when you finish some milestones like 5k, 10k etc. Don't worry about the interior quality and the audio system. These are stuff that you can change. You can't change whats under the hood or your rear leg room, can you?

The Embera is too cool. The other day I was behind a Embera CRDi and I was all amazed by how good it looks in White. This is one hot looking car and it oozes with class. Too bad Hyundai is not doing justice to this baby. Definitely your future posts will clear some of the myths surrounding the Embera.
Old 15th September 2008, 21:46   #33
BHPian

congrats sir.Embera white looks great.Would like to hear more about your experience with embera.
Old 17th September 2008, 21:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Excellent buy mate.

I would be closely keeping a watch for your ownership experiences. To keep updating on them as and wen possible and eagerly awaiting for the photos.

Also I have a ques on the lease terms and conditions.
How much did the lease work out to be. I mean PM and what all is covered and whats not.
Secondly I too inquired about the lease option but here in delhi they refured to give me a lease for more than 5 years and reading your posts you've said that you plan to keep the car for 8+ years. So what kind of an arrangement have you worked out with the leasing company.
Old 17th September 2008, 21:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on an awesome buy, Embera is one car which I dream of owning, keep us posted about ownership experiences.
Old 17th September 2008, 23:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.

There were some changes in the Embera this year right?
Old 18th September 2008, 04:39   #37
BHPian

harjeev, I have taken car lease from Hertz, we have corporate tie up with them. They have 3,4,5 years lease plan. The reason I have decided to keep this car for 8 years is not about the lease. The car comes with nice 4 years 80k warranty which I believe should ensure that at 70/80k I would have toublefree car (suspsnsion, engine works etc) owing to warranty. Now as the resale value will be very poor at 4th year, I would rather keep the car for 4 more , at the end of which I don't have to worry about the re-sale.

jkdas, I am not aware of any changes being made to Embera this year. since Jan 07 they added CRDi engine to their line up, while by Sept 07 they added automatic CRDi (Not available anymore).

Lukeskywalker, Thanks for the wishes. It's a dream for sensible buyers who cares about VFM, total cost of ownership and not just snob value, brand fans.
Old 18th September 2008, 14:14   #38
BHPian

i simply love your choice...everything about the car is so nice..the motor the interiors the exterior the entire package!!!
ride safe and enjoy the ride!! cheers:
Old 18th September 2008, 14:41   #39
evo
BHPian

I always liked the embera and its a hell of a looker, people`s foolishness in not buying it also means that it is pretty exclusive. So thats the added benefit. Congratulations!
Old 18th September 2008, 15:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post
harjeev, I have taken car lease from Hertz, we have corporate tie up with them. They have 3,4,5 years lease plan. The reason I have decided to keep this car for 8 years is not about the lease. The car comes with nice 4 years 80k warranty which I believe should ensure that at 70/80k I would have toublefree car (suspsnsion, engine works etc) owing to warranty. Now as the resale value will be very poor at 4th year, I would rather keep the car for 4 more , at the end of which I don't have to worry about the re-sale.
That's good as I too had kept my Hyundai Accent for a long time and after serving me faithfully for 7 & 1/2 years and 115K kms later, I had to literally force myself to sell the car. No problem whatsoever. That's the plus point of Hyundai cars. If they are maintained well they will give you years of good, trouble free service. And does not cost a bomb to maintain them like someother cars of the same segment do.

I still miss it my old car and sometimes feel that I could have kept it.

Anyways waiting for your ownership experiences and may this new car give you years for good, troublefree service. cheers:
Old 18th September 2008, 23:39   #41
BHPian

Congratulations - 'THE' best choice ! I know what a Embera would be capable of when one has tasted the Getz CRDi

Cheers, here's wishing you a safe and happy driving
Old 19th September 2008, 15:30   #42
BHPian

I expect the same cracker of an engine for their upcoming SANTA FE.
Hyundai could rip apart the premium SUV market if they can price their SANTE FE competitively with CRDi powerhouse.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:07   #43
BHPian

hello Rohitrk
you have mentioned that the price is 1 lac above the civic, i.e. 13.8 lk. Sonata being not so common and now that there is a new model on the anvil, are there price discounts and did you get any?
I am considering the present model of sonata and with discounts probably ex show room under 13 lacs, I would go for it.
regards
Rajesh C
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:21   #44
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
hello Rohitrk
you have mentioned that the price is 1 lac above the civic, i.e. 13.8 lk. Sonata being not so common and now that there is a new model on the anvil, are there price discounts and did you get any?
I am considering the present model of sonata and with discounts probably ex show room under 13 lacs, I would go for it.
regards
Rajesh C
The new Sonata is atleast 6months away and even when it comes, the chances are diesel wont make an appearance until bit later...
CRDI is not in stock anywhere and it has to be pre-ordered...
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:56   #45
BHPian

Hey congrates mate, I always wanted to own a mid night grey Sonata Embera CRDi. But my budget is not allowing me. I may buy a 2nd hand embera crdi if i get one at good price.

I had driven it a few times, i'm a big fan of it. The way it rushes on the highways. after a few services, give a good throttle on the highway and enjoy the way it flies off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks