Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 07:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Congrats for the GP. Its a suberb car and FIAT A.S.S. is really going good. I went to the FIAT Service Camp in Mumbai today. Met Mangesh today and even the folks in Fortune Cars showed around the stores and the service bays. They have quite a good inventory of spares for GP and Linea in the stores. Hope this is the case across all the service centers in India.
I always had good experience with BUB pune. So I was not bothered about A**.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Congrats neo. Welcome to the Punto club. Black looks stunning. Any plans of changing the tyres ?
There is no noise inside the cabin as of now. The tyres feel good, may be because I am shifting from Bridgestone S322 to this one. The only thing planned as of now is sun films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Fiat to Fiat is right, in my case from Uno to Linea, and no regrets whatsoever. Congrats on the black stallion. Happy mile crunching. Once a FIATer, always a FIATer I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Neo, Congrats and welcome to the Grande Punto club. Having driven a Palio, you may be just continuing your wonderful experience with FIAT. People like me migrated from Maruti to Hyundai and then to FIAT. But now, after driving the FIAT for about 6 months, I cant imagine driving any other car. The steering, handling and the high speed stability is something which FIAT beats all other cars of similar size hands down. Enjoy your beauty and crunch many a safe miles with it.
It happens with everybody whoever drives a FIAT
Old 15th March 2010, 10:22   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate!. The Black Punto looks lovely.

OT: A chat with the FIAT guy at the free service camp, revealed quite an interesting fact that the retention ratio of the FIAT brand is the highest in the automobile industry. Though the numbers are small, people who own a FIAT will look at another FIAT which will be first on the priority list.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Delaer feedback

Dealer feedback:

I sold my beloved Palio on 20th Feb 2010. Then on 23rd Feb I went to BUB Pune to book a Punto as few schemes were going on. I missed on part that the schemes are valid only till 25th Feb. So in order to avail the discounts I need to do all the payments by 25th and invoice should be raised on the same day. I felt so bad because it was hard to arrange everything in couple of days. So I had no option but to wait till the new prices are out. As expected the excise duty was hiked by 2% and the overall cost of the car by 15K. The schemes were carried forward by FIAT in Mar as well.

So on 3rd March I again went to BUB and paid the booking amount of 50K. They had 3 Puntos in stock: Red, Silver and Black. I had seen couple of Black Puntos and I just fell in love with this color. I was happy to note it is readily available so then I need not wait for 2-3 weeks for delivery then. Now the biggest surprise came as the dealer salesman said I can get it for price set before budget as it is readily available . On 4th March I did the PDI according to the TBhp check list and found everything to be good. I struggled with the BlueNMe as it was a first time experience for me apart from a mere demo while test drive. The B&M lady was not happy with my voice command. But then the salesman who accompanied me said, "sir, we are not going home until we get it work and you are happy with the PDI". So after 20 mins we succeeded in testing the BluenMe system. I told him to go ahead with this vehicle.

On 5th my bank loan was approved and the bank. On 6th I signed all the documents and the bank person (BUB agent for the bank) submitted the agreement to the bank on Monday 8th. He said the amount would be disbursed by Tuesday 9th evening. Somehow the amount was not disbursed till 11th morning. I went to the dealership and asked about the delivery, he said its difficult to deliver the vehicle on 12th as planned because unless the amount is credited to dealer's account they can not send the papers to RTO. The RTO takes one day so I saw my dream of getting the car on time shattered. Then I went to the manager's cabin and explained him the story.

According to the company policy they can not do anything. They had bank letter about the loan approval though. I requested him to look into it. In the evening I called the salesman and he said he is in RTO. Typically the RTO agent picks up the documents at 11 for the day but then the salesman himself went to RTO and submitted the documents. When I asked about the payment he said they have not received it but then the manager gave his approval just to make sure I do not miss the day. I seriously feel this was a nice gesture as it was bank's fault/delay to pay the dealer. Then in the evening I called up the bank and the lady said the payment is made in the evening on 11th and will be credited by 12th.

So finally on 12th the salesman called me and asked me to come down at 6 in the evening. It was raining heavily on that day but then I decided to go ahead with the delivery and not miss the auspicious day. I took the delivery on 12th evening. All this while "AmoghChaphalkar" helped like my best friend. Right from talking to the salesman to taking the delivery. A special thanks to him for all this.

The joy was short lived as I notice the speed needle was not working. The car was showing 16km when I checked it in stockyard and it was still showing me 16 when I took the delivery. I suspected it to be a cable problem. I went to the showroom the very next day. The salesman came along with me to the service center. To my surprise, the cable of the odo was not disconnected. They attached the examiner and the error displayed was "Loose connection of the speedo cable". They immediately removed and attached the cable again and it started working. I am not sure if it was purposedly done or a genuine fault. Though I feel they lacked in the PDI that they do. Their service center head said sorry couple of times and then I thought its good to forget and not let it spoil my joy.

One observation: My car was showing "H" along with the km run. Amogh and I were thinking what this "H" could be. Everybody was unaware of this. Mr Bhandari himself called up FIAT guys but they were not available. Then Amogh did an internet search and found that the odometer would reset automatically after 200km and the "H" would go or otherwise I have to press the trip reset for 10 seconds. Amogh pressed the trip for 10 sec and the "H" disappeared and the run was reset to "0" km. All new 2010 models show this "H" for first 200 km. Later on Mr Bhandari got a call from FIAT about the same explaination.

Coming up next: Driving feedback and pics
Old 15th March 2010, 10:54   #19
BHPian

Congrats @Neonwheels on the Punto. It does look handsome in black.

I think you've sold the car to a friend of mine going by the car description and odo reading.

@Krishna- There is a bit of truth in what the person said. Once you get used to the strong feel in the Palio, there are very few cars in India which would satisfy you. European feel is way different to Jap/Korean. I personally know many people who have gone from one FIAT to another.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

congrats NeoOnWheels. Black Punto looks HOT.
awaiting more pics

How was the deal for Palio?
Old 15th March 2010, 12:23   #21
BHPian

hi Congrats on your new car. Its a good upgrade from Palio to punto. Awaiting your ownership report
Old 15th March 2010, 14:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the choice. FIAT-P to FIAT-GP.

Need more pics.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
am lucky to hand it over to another FIATian. I wish the new owner and my car a long lasting relationship.
Congrats once again on buying a terrific car! The MJD Punto experience has been excellent so far for my family.

Last but not the least, Thank You a million times for maintaining the Palio so beautifully. After the 1000kms clocked yesterday, I now call it Silver Surfer!

Have a great ownership experience with the Punto!
Old 15th March 2010, 15:01   #24
BHPian

Congratulation on your new punter - enjoy your bold new ride. She is a gem of a car take care of her.

Punto looks good in all the colours and very rightly said - once a Fiat owner always a Fiat owner.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:03   #25
BANNED

Congratulation Neoonwheels for your new car.
This is true that after you are used to Fiat, its very difficult to change to other cars.
In my case bought Uno in 1998 replaced with Palio in 2003 and palio was replaced with Linea now in 2009 and I am very happy and satisfied customer.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:12   #26
BHPian

@Neoonwheels:- Congratulations on your bold new drive!!!

This is something even I plan to do. I have a Palio right now and just waiting for its loan to be paid off after which I am planning to go in for Punto MJD. The only question which lurkes in my mind is, will I ever be able to part away with my Palio? Given that it is my first car and what a car it is!

No doubts about a person buying FIAT once he/she has owned a FIAT. Nothing just comes close to a FIAT in any aspect!

Cheers! Wish happy and safe driving!
Old 15th March 2010, 15:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Punto looks stunning in black.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:56   #28
BHPian

Congratulations! She looks awesome in black.

Please post some interior pictures. From the day, when I first checked the GP and Linea I am in love with that steering wheel. It's just fantastic and can't explain the joy of holding one.

One question on the key - does it come with a boot release button like Linea ? I am not really sure whether GP is having electric boot release mechanism like Linea.
Old 15th March 2010, 16:43   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations and Welcome to the Grande Punto club, Keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
One question on the key - does it come with a boot release button like Linea ? I am not really sure whether GP is having electric boot release mechanism like Linea.
No, Punto does not have electric boot release like Linea.
Old 15th March 2010, 17:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Punto diesel. Congrats and kudos on your brand loyalty.

But given your running so far (20k on the palio in <5 years), why a Multijet? Just wish to understand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks