Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 20:31   #331
BHPian

Re: The Maruti 800 Mod Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Thanks for the response .....

Drive safe.
The HID kit price is about 6K. I feel that the projectors are way too much overpriced. Moreover, I've seen and can recommend gyro's projector install (seen on a Getz/Santro). It spoke volumes of their workmanship. Retro rides work was seen on an Accent, but, unfortunately, I couldn't gauge their night performance.
Old 12th December 2010, 19:06   #332
Senior - BHPian

Hey mate,

Thanks for sharing the price on the HID kit, however, Gyro cannot be considered as they have shut shop.

I will probably check out with retro-rides in gurgaon, in case they have an alto to show me.

By the way, are you still using those phillips diamond vision which you purchased last year?

Drive safe.
Old 12th December 2010, 20:35   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey mate,
Please note that the price quoted is for Normal temperature HID @4300K (stock yellowish). The fancy ones' cost increase directly proportional to color temperature(white to bluish).

Philips Diamond Visions work very good for the wattage they are rated at. They instill a bit more confidence in night driving on pitch black roads. Haven't fog tested them yet.
Old 12th December 2010, 21:18   #334
Senior - BHPian

That is the colour I am considering as that is the best bet for visibility. However, I learnt from some body that the HID bulb costs a lot & if there is need to be replaced, then it is about 2.5K. Do you have any idea on this?

It's good that you are liking the diamond vision, however, my experience with XPs was bad in rains & fog & this is when the XPs are not as white as diamond vision.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:01   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

if you dont squelch and try to save on the kit, a good quality HID setup will last as long as the car.
the fitter is as importatnt(check credentials/other cars)

then you gotta make sure that that its burning at the optimum temperature.
i knew some guys who wanted a bluish tinge, so the fitter did some chhed-chhad on the electrics of a 4300 to make it 6000(i think).
that did discharge a whitish/bluish light, but conked out after about a year,year 'n' a half.

and yes, they would be expensive to replace

Last edited by mayankk : 13th December 2010 at 11:08.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:27   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Please note that the price quoted is for Normal temperature HID @4300K (stock yellowish). The fancy ones' cost increase directly proportional to color temperature(white to bluish).

Philips Diamond Visions work very good for the wattage they are rated at. They instill a bit more confidence in night driving on pitch black roads. Haven't fog tested them yet.
Could you post information about where you found the 4300K hid kit in delhi. i've been looking for one for some time now and just cant find it in the 4300K temperature range.
Thanks in advance.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:40   #337
BHPian

can anyone please provide me the cost of drive shaft for a 2005 model Maruti 800? Also, how much is the labour cost to replace it?
Old 13th December 2010, 19:13   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Coul....ce.
Philips Authorized Distributor @ Kashmere gate quoted 6K in sep'10 for bi-Xenon HID kit, might be a bit less now. These come with blu vision parking lights in the packaging.

@blackfire9

HIDs are delicate devices and are damaged by water and excessive shock. So, installer workmanship is very important. They last longer because they run much cooler, almost analogus to CFLs and incandescent bulbs.

the 'handbrake engaged' light is coming on, flickering ,and then shutting of on its will while driving(Alto). I checked the push button below the handbrake console, and it is not shorting on its own. Any pointers on where the short could be?
Old 13th December 2010, 19:52   #339
Senior - BHPian

^^ justcause,

thanks for the response, & I have decided to keep the hid upgrade for a later stage since my car's about to get a new set of clutch plates & I would end up spending approx. 5K on that at MASS.

About the handbrake light, I don't have any idea about it. Let me know on the Alto thread about what the problem was.

Drive safe.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:27   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
can anyone please provide me the cost of drive shaft for a 2005 model Maruti 800? Also, how much is the labour cost to replace it?
Please check this post of mine:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1583849

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 14th December 2010, 01:32   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
@Justcause, can you tell me how much are these Diamond vision costs ?
Old 14th December 2010, 15:41   #342
BHPian

They cost 1000Rs. a pair.
Be wary of their below average performance in rains before going for an upgrade ,since you live in Bangalore.
Old 14th December 2010, 16:18   #343
BHPian

Guys I need some help! My 2006 M800 which has just run 39000 kms is giving me trouble. In fact it has only given me trouble. The latest problem is the car idles like a truck, with the entire car vibrating severely. The driveablity is also bad and car keeps jerking because of this.
The sad part is this problem has resurfaced after a service. Earlier the problem existed only when the engine was cold. After it warmed the idling was normal, but now even after the engine warms up the car idles like an old truck.
Old 14th December 2010, 19:52   #344
Senior - BHPian

^^ Is the idle RPM too less? Is it something like the need to press on the accelerator pedal to increase the RPM so that the car does not jerk or start moving properly.
Old 14th December 2010, 20:11   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
Guys I need some help! My 2006 M800 which has just run 39000 kms is giving me trouble. In fact it has only given me trouble. The latest problem is the car idles like a truck, with the entire car vibrating severely. The driveablity is also bad and car keeps jerking because of this.
The sad part is this problem has resurfaced after a service. Earlier the problem existed only when the engine was cold. After it warmed the idling was normal, but now even after the engine warms up the car idles like an old truck.

check two things, One if the rpm is high, if it is needs to connect a OBD scanner and findout if any sensors have gone bad, same goes if the rpm is extreamly low. Also check if your engine mounts are good, this is the cause of vibrations in most of the cases.

Note the 800 does not have a tacho meter so to check the rpm you will have to rely on your ears.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks